Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

"You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, what do you have to be scared of?"

"I am afraid of meat coming off the skeleton."

"A shockingly large amount of meat can be removed before the ghost is dislodged."

"You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, what do you have to be scared of?"

"A shockingly large amount of meat can be removed before the ghost is dislodged."

dear christ

:tup:

I wonder why the Flintstones brand has such a good track record with things that are edible. I'm pretty sure most human beings my age grew up with Fruity (or Cocoa) Pebbles, Flintstones push-up pops, and Flintstones vitamins as an integral part of their diets.

I wonder why the Flintstones brand has such a good track record with things that are edible. I'm pretty sure most human beings my age grew up with Fruity (or Cocoa) Pebbles, Flintstones push-up pops, and Flintstones vitamins as an integral part of their diets.

They say Flintstones vitamins are chewable. All vitamins are chewable, it's just that they taste shitty. I'm glad they made Flintstones vitamins because I used to watch The Flintstones and go, "Man I bet you if I ate that dude, I would be healthy."

...I've never eaten a Flintstones... anything.

I've never had Fruity (or Cocoa) Pebbles, I've never had any Flintstones Vitamins, and I've never even heard of the push-up pops until now.

I'm developing a not insignificant level of anguish about playing video games without live streaming them, even though freely admitting that I would probably be a terrible live streamer of games were I to do it.

Of all the cartoonish ways Mario can die, falling down an endless pit seems like the worst to me.

To be fair we don't know for sure there isn't a bottom... eventually.

It's kind of weird that an endless pit is something that inspires anxiety in people when we have an essentially endless pit all around us at all times.

Gravity was a spooky movie.

It's kind of weird that an endless pit is something that inspires anxiety in people when we have an essentially endless pit all around us at all times.

Gravity was a spooky movie.

yeah but you have to really try hard to fall into space

Capt. Hastings and I went out of town. During the trip, I made the mistake of thinking that we should get coffee at at Krispy Kreme. I had assumed that bad coffee was the result of sitting in the tank for a long time and burning. This place seemed to have a lot of traffic, so it seemed safe.

It was so bad. Now my tummy hurts and he coffee didn't even get me high. It makes me wonder if normal people have acclimated to bad coffee or if I have lost my ability to consume anything that is not in my routine. I can't tell who is worse off, those who drink this crap everyday or those of us who have lost the ability to do so.

Capt. Hastings and I went out of town. During the trip, I made the mistake of thinking that we should get coffee at at Krispy Kreme. I had assumed that bad coffee was the result of sitting in the tank for a long time and burning. This place seemed to have a lot of traffic, so it seemed safe.

It was so bad. Now my tummy hurts and he coffee didn't even get me high. It makes me wonder if normal people have acclimated to bad coffee or if I have lost my ability to consume anything that is not in my routine. I can't tell who is worse off, those who drink this crap everyday or those of us who have lost the ability to do so.

Based on the amount of people going to Starbucks I just assume most people think coffee tastes like shit and drink it only to get high.

I drink coffee to get high AND because I like the taste!

But I don't like black coffee (or even just cream or milk and/or sugar). I need all kinds of additives.

Whatever shut up.

I've considered many times purchasing some expensive coffee machinery so that I no longer have to go to coffee shops but I wouldn't even know where to start so I don't.

Start with Aeropress and a manual coffee grinder (e.g. Hario Skerton).

If you want to wave goodbye to your money you can buy Rancilio Silvia and Rocky or similar espresso machine + burr grinder combination.

I just do not get livestreaming. Like, at all. Every livestream I've ever watched has involved either waiting twenty minutes until it actually starts, or I come in in the middle without context. I don't think I've ever watched a livestream that didn't keep freezing while it buffered, except on YouTube because Google is good enough to have local servers. Unless it's like a concert or something, where context doesn't really matter, I'd far, far prefer to watch an edited video, particularly if it's one where some of the flab was cut out.

I suspect part of this comes from the attitude that there's no point me putting my work up on the Internet in general because I'm basically guaranteed to not have an audience.

I don't much care for livestreams of things that are primarily one way communication, like concerts or presentations.  Whether I'm watching them or not, the content will be the same so I'll do it when I have time.  On the other hand, stuff like the Thumbs streams I prefer to witness live because in that case there is a chance that I can have some small amount of influence in the course of events via the chat.  Those streams still are fun to watch later as well because the Thumbs generally do a good job of interacting with the camera and not just the people who are present in the chat, but this is not always the case.

I do however share your attitude about putting up stuff myself.  I'm not interesting enough that people will want to watch me do anything.

Right, half a mile of wall should be enough, from the last time I read anything that indulged in theoretical habitat design. I know it's more about concept artists wanting something that looks plausible to human brains, which involves "protecting" inhabitants from the space right above their heads, but still. Still still still.

Hmm maybe it's not to keep the air in but to keep space rays out. you don't want space rays in your colony. 

I just do not get livestreaming. Like, at all... I'd far, far prefer to watch an edited video, particularly if it's one where some of the flab was cut out.

I don't much care for livestreams of things that are primarily one way communication, like concerts or presentations... the Thumbs generally do a good job of interacting with the camera and not just the people who are present in the chat, but this is not always the case.

Sentiment shared. I don't understand the growth of livestreams. I love that people can be enthusiastic about the games they're playing, and I can get behind the competitive aspects of those mediums (ie Spelunky daily challenges) but one guy talking into one mic over a singular gaming experience bores me. The idle thumbs streams are at least unique it that they have multiple people involved, sharing their perspectives. 

While I'm complaining, I also don't get Google Hangouts. They're essentially low quality livestreamed podcasts.

I think all of these things are dependent on having people you want to do them with.

I watch a lot of Giant Bomb (which does mostly uneditted) and Achievement Hunters (who edit fairly heavily) and I perfer the uneditted stuff cause it feels like the editted ones loose a lot of spontaneity. I definitely think those are better because it's a group talking, rather than just listening to a single person talking into a microphone, though I have been known to watch some single person streams by some of the people involved in the Daily Dota GB streams.