Tanukitsune

Quitter's Club: Don't be ashamed to quit the game.

I think I'm quitting Darkstalkers II, the new elements just ruin it for me.

The temples feel too small, until oddly enough the moment I got a bigger one I thought it was unnecessarily long. It also reminded me why Zelda games are fun... Who wants random loot when you can get a piece of heart, new equipment or an upgrade?

Each chest was a disappointment, each boss was a bore and every temple felt the same... I almost quit when the game thought it found be "fun" to do the "let's have the elevator move ridiculously slow while it rains never ending enemies", but it was a short time when my character got stuck as in glitch stuck... again. I just didn't care anymore and quit... I even bought a season pass, but still I don't care...

Whenever I make this face playing a game, I know it's time to quit.

You mean Darksiders 2, don't you?

I need to get back into that game.

Yes, I wish I was playing Darkstalkers II... I don't know why I got them mixed up, too many Dark"X" games?

Oh god, do i ever want another Darkstalkers game.

That compilation Capcom is putting together seems nice, at least. It was delayed to add in a bunch of functionality fans were asking for, and it's being handled by the guys who did the well-received SFIII:3rd Strike update.

A compilation? I thought the PSP one was more or less was a compilation of both Darkstalkers games?

(PS: I totally typed Darksiders there and had to change it. Yep, there are too many games with Dark in them)

Alright, let me see if i have my facts straight. There are actually three main Darkstalkers games, with multiple weird revisions of the last one. This new compilation will be the second and third game, as i understand it.

As for that PSP game, it wasn't exactly a compilation, it was more of a mash-up. It was an updated port of an earlier Japan-only Dreamcast game that combined all of the characters from the different games and let you choose between their game-specific movesets. (I believe these releases are generally overlooked for numerous balancing issues.)

There was also already a compilation of all of the main releases, i think only in japan though, and this new one will be bringing online play and a bunch of other new features to the games. (Rather, only to the games that it's updating, since they're skipping the first one and i guess the revisions of the third one.)

Beyond that, Yoshinori Ono, the lead on SF4, has also been quite openly pestering Capcom for years to give him the greenlight on a new Darkstalkers game, and it will probably come down to how well this new re-release does. (Honestly, it's probably not going to happen.)

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I quit the Street Fighter X Mega Man fan game.

It's unplayable with the keyboard, and with my controller is forces me to use the analog stick instead of the D-pad. I lost 90% of my lives because Mega Man because he keeps sliding when I want to jump.

The levels are much shorter than a regular Mega Man games and much more annoying. I've never had to struggle with the stages in a Mega Man before, sure there are tough mini-bosses and tricky jumps, but here there are just annoying teleporting enemies or Sniper Joe clones all the way. Also the rules vary at the whim of the programmer, sometimes you go back a screen, some times you can't. E-Tank don't regenerate and you can't save. I don't know if I should call "retro hardcore googles" on this or not as a fan game you can do whatever you want, but it does feel like a fan game, a good one, but still.... At least it has awesome music? *shrugs*

It looks flashy and well produced for a fan-game, but those stages look terrible. It is really, really bizarre that Capcom chose this fan game as the one to get behind.

It really seems like Capcom just desperately wanted to have something out there for Megaman's 25th anniversary, and was wise enough to realize that their own iOS autorunner definitely wasn't going to cut it.

*Is still grumpy about how MML3 was canned.*

You're talking about the 25th Anniversary fan game? Yeah, I guess it doesn't look like it will be ready in time. They could have just made an anniversary compilation.

You're talking about the 25th Anniversary fan game? Yeah, I guess it doesn't look like it will be ready in time. They could have just made an anniversary compilation.

I don't actually know anything about any other fan games, i'm just bummed that it came down to Capcom having to look to their fans to be able to celebrate one of their oldest and most important franchises.

Huh, waitaminute... I was just reading through this thread and there are people who DIDN'T love everything about Half-Life besides me? Where have you been?

Want to quote and surface some of that for those of us that don't feel like mining the thread? HL1 was sort of the quintessential lonely immersive experience for me. The only thing I remember hating, even at the time of it's release, was the horrible reliance on jumping puzzles and just in general jumping and *RAHGHGHGHHGHH!!!* Jump Crouching to move through the environment. However when you go back to that era I think you'll find that kind of jump based level design in almost all FPS'es in that generation. It's like the ghost of platformers in the general gaming machine at that time. Outside of that I really really loved the first Half Life (second Half Life is a different story)

i feel like i have finished a game when i no longer want to play it, there is no shame in not enjoying yourself, the shame (if any) should be on the maker of the game for not making the game interesting all the way through

i feel like i have finished a game when i no longer want to play it, there is no shame in not enjoying yourself, the shame (if any) should be on the maker of the game for not making the game interesting all the way through

I definitely have come around to this view where I just stop playing games as soon as they start to feel like a slog. I loved Dark Souls, for example, but as I was getting near the end of the game I just suddenly felt like I had gotten everything out of that game that I was going to get out of it, so I just stopped. Every once in awhile I contemplated getting back into it, but never doing it, and now I'm at the point where if I were to restart I would need to relearn the whole game so it is kind of pointless now.

I was very almost about to quit Ass Creed 3, its sat unplayed for about 4 weeks now

But i've just looked on gamefaq's and apparently i have only 2 chapters left (of 12) which seems crazy to me considering i've barely touched any of the side mission bits like ship sailing and I've only got one assassin in my guild. And it's not like i've been avoiding side shit either.

So from here on out i'm going to ignore all side shit (and save ruins) and blaze through the story just to finish it off. I've got to finish of walking dead first (mid chapter 4) and i've got binary domain in the post (so help me god)

I was going to load up up assissin creed 3 today, but stupidly googled 'assassin creed 3 ending bad' as I was hoping to find out why people didn't like the ending so I can see if it was worth my while. Within 5 seconds I had read something which completely spoiled the ending :) and as such I didn't really feel like wasting 4 hours of me day to complete the game so just watched the ending on YouTube. I watched most of a 45min video of the end of the game and was totally satisfied. I though it was pretty good. And probably far more enjoyable than actually playing it, as the best parts of the game are the cinematics anyway. The game practically plays it self so I didn't feel like I really lost anything by just watching someone else play it

I'd imagine its because the game is such a chore to play that people feel cheated with such an abumpted ending for all there efforts. Where as if you just watch it on YouTube it quite enjoyable :)

Why didn't you do that before buying the game ? :erm:

Also, I hear AC3's naval sequences are worth playing.*shifty*

Oh I was 3/4 of the way through it. I got it on release day (only renting mind). I'd highly recommend no one ever play this game.

Hmm the naval stuff was a nice little distraction, It looked really good, I only played about 4 missions but that was enough really. Repetitive and simplistic much like the rest of the game.

Oh I was 3/4 of the way through it. I got it on release day (only renting mind). I'd highly recommend no one ever play this game.

Second that... I picked it up on release day also but ended up selling it to amazon a week later with the intention of forcing myself to finish it and have it back in the mail within a couple of days... After investing alot into the series, I wanted to know the story but the gameplay was so tedious I was basically bored and/or frustrated the entire play-through. The horse mechanics alone made me insane... Oh and a few times I got desychronized during cutscences.

Torchlight 2. Got it for the sole purpose so some friends of mine and me could play together. Little did we know that the online is fucking attrocious, with connection problems up the ass. Fucking terrible experience and drained all my will to continue with this thing. It's supposed to be peer to peer, but no matter what we did, connection troubles involved having to look at a loading screen for over a minute until it finally decided to connect us. If we did finally get together, it would sometimes randomely disconnect everyone and then not tell you you were playing single player. Until the inevitable "Huh, where are you guys?".

Fuck. That. Shit.

How odd, I have had no such issues with my friends.

Did you pick up Path of Exile as an alternative group diablolike yet?

I quit on TL2. My issue wasn't connection issues it was social issues. Yet another game that wants me to create yet another login and yet another seperate friends list to play on. I just really don't find that kind of thing acceptable anymore. In an era with Steam, facebook, openID, google, etc etc. There are a zillion ways to sign into something almost all of which carry with them some kind of contact list. I really wanted to get through TL2 but I ideally wanted to play it with a friend or two and that never really seemed to workout.

I gave some of my older RPGs a seconds chance and I'm pretty sure I can't play any older Western RPG, except maybe Fallout in the same way I can't stand most modern JRPGS.

I'm sorry, Planetscape Torment, you seem fine, but I lost interest the moment I left the mortuarty only to enter a town of thieves and harlots. I tried to explore and learn the lore, but I just couldn't give a damn... :|

I quit on TL2. My issue wasn't connection issues it was social issues. Yet another game that wants me to create yet another login and yet another seperate friends list to play on. I just really don't find that kind of thing acceptable anymore. In an era with Steam, facebook, openID, google, etc etc. There are a zillion ways to sign into something almost all of which carry with them some kind of contact list. I really wanted to get through TL2 but I ideally wanted to play it with a friend or two and that never really seemed to workout.

I am just happy that there are other people out there that didn't finish Torchlight 2. I was mega excited for that game to come out as I played through the first one a bunch of times and bought it twice. Got the second one the moment it came out and just haven't felt the urge to play through it. I think I blame Diablo 3 for being out at the same time and ruining those types of games for me for awhile.

I definitely have come around to this view where I just stop playing games as soon as they start to feel like a slog. I loved Dark Souls, for example, but as I was getting near the end of the game I just suddenly felt like I had gotten everything out of that game that I was going to get out of it, so I just stopped. Every once in awhile I contemplated getting back into it, but never doing it, and now I'm at the point where if I were to restart I would need to relearn the whole game so it is kind of pointless now.

Dark Souls definitely slowed down in the back half, and a lot of the later area designs weren't good at all.