Sean

The Idle Thumbs Lords Management Consortium - Dota 2, LoL, other Lords Managers unite

I think it's a little shitty of them to only reveal to beta players that they removed the aspect of their game that doesn't make it just another League of Legends, so fuck them.

E: Turns out I'm wrong, they have updated their FAQ but it's at the very bottom and a tiny blurb. Still, without commander mode and in the state that it's in (beta certainly, but definitely not anywhere near being good or worth playing) whatever, people should know it's not worth playing.

Nobody even has the option to play it except those in the beta. Further, this is a real beta in the sense that it's not supposed to be fun yet. I think it's very bad form to break an NDA just to say that a very unfinished piece of software that nobody is pretending is ready for release isn't up to snuff. No shit.

If you have constructive feedback post it in the beta forums, and if not then shut up.

So you want me to have constructive feedback but you don't want to hear it? Furthermore, they specifically state that they think it's ready for the public to give them feedback, which in fact I have done in the appropriate thread. The fact wholly remains that while this is a piece of beta software they are barking up multiple wrong trees towards making an enjoyable DotA-like game, and they did take out the one thing that made the game unique.

I can list at least ten problems with the base design that might very well be too late to change, if you'd like, and if not go fuck yourself.

My point was that you're under NDA and should not be blabbing in here.

For the record I agree there's plenty of issues but this is not the place to air them until beta is open and the NDA is lifted.

There can only be one dota.

The companies who use the term

Lords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords ManagementLords Management

to describe their games will always fail.

e: okay very funny autocorrect, stupid garbage shit

Wow geez guys, so much anger!

Direct it at more of my dumb videos!

So many tubez. Cool vidz, brah. What a silly kunkka.

Those ball-of-darkness neutral kill videos get me every time.

Is it just me, or does the matchmaking queue end up taking a good 10 minutes every time I play? It's the one thing that prevents me from just playing Dota, as opposed to whenever I wanted to play HoN there were always dudes there. I understand the we're still in beta, but its frustrating.

Also I really want a concede button, because the fruit of those 10 minute wait times is just me getting owned in the butt.

Queues are usually pretty quick for me. Very rarely more than three minutes, these days. Hell, even taking more than a minute only happens about half the time.

What region(s) are you playing in?

Yeah, that too. I always have everything but Captain's Mode on.

Yeah, everything's on except Captain's mode. I only have US east/west and Europe West as the regions though, i dunno if that's really important.

I mean I get accepted into games in like 3 minutes yeah, but it takes 3 or so tries for all 10 people to connect. it's always like 5/10 or 9/10 and then puts me back in queue.

I mean that happens sometimes, but usually you get kicked right back into the queue and it'll pop another within thirty seconds.

Is it just me, or does the matchmaking queue end up taking a good 10 minutes every time I play? It's the one thing that prevents me from just playing Dota, as opposed to whenever I wanted to play HoN there were always dudes there. I understand the we're still in beta, but its frustrating.

Also I really want a concede button, because the fruit of those 10 minute wait times is just me getting owned in the butt.

Are you sure you're not just in the low-priority queue?

Yea if a player declines the match, you get thrown in the high priority pool, and usually get into another game in like 5-10 seconds.

I only do random draft and single draft and its usually below 5minutes, mostly around 2-3.

Got a Dota 2 beta key yesterday. Haven't played Dota in years (3.7 in RoC. Never played dota all-stars) and played in the LoL beta for about a week. Here we go!

I just had an epic game as enigma where an ult triple kill won us the game after a long one. I want to make a video for it like twig. Do you know how I can capture it man? I have a trial version of fraps but that ain't good enough I know. Any other free ware out there i should try?

I bought Fraps. I'm unaware of anything else. I know there's some good stuff for Macs (as I'd often get Mac-exclusive stuff when searching for things), but since Dota 2 isn't available for Mac, yet, I would assume you're not on a Mac. U:

Source Engine has its own convert-to-video stuff built in, but I've never had much success with (and also never put much effort into learning) it. After that, I edit with VirtualDUB, which is free, open-source video editing.

There's this razer game booster thing. http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster

It's useful for clearing out processes that you've left running and generally freeing up resources. But its main use is its built in video capture mode. I've yet to try it but I've heard pretty good things.

"Create Machinima and join the You Tube revolution!"

O lawd.

Seems neat, though. I think I recall hearing about it, now, too.