Sean

The Idle Thumbs Lords Management Consortium - Dota 2, LoL, other Lords Managers unite

Some of those here can already attest to how superwonderful I am at Dota 2. The best. Only the best.

www.steamcommunity.com/id/twig/

NA

I actually play LoL, too, but I exclusively play stupid troll with friends, so probably nobody wants to play that with me.

is anyone gonna get in on Super Monday Night Combat now that that's out?

is that even within the demesne of Lords Management?

is anyone gonna get in on Super Monday Night Combat now that that's out?

is that even within the demesne of Lords Management?

It's not very good, sadly. The matchmaking is completely broken, it only has three maps (an odd complaint if it were a traditional DotA-like, but not here), and the balance continues to swing in all directions each time a patch comes out.

I don't know if anyone has posted about this here but over at gamerswithjobs.com we have weekly League of Legends game nights every Tue, Fri, Sat starting around 8pm EST. Many in-house 5v5s are played. Players of all skill levels are welcome, we try to balance teams as best we can. Join the "GWJ" chat channel in game or find us on the GWJ Ventrilo server.

Even if you have access to DotA 2, I recommend LoL as a good introductory lords management game. They've made a number of design changes that makes the game more friendly while still preserving much of the intensity inherent in the genre.

Sometimes we do amateur commentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY--y_B5VlI

Thread: http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/111445

I don't know if anyone has posted about this here but over at gamerswithjobs.com we have weekly League of Legends game nights every Tue, Fri, Sat starting around 8pm EST. Many in-house 5v5s are played. Players of all skill levels are welcome, we try to balance teams as best we can. Join the "GWJ" chat channel in game or find us on the GWJ Ventrilo server.

Even if you have access to DotA 2, I recommend LoL as a good introductory lords management game. They've made a number of design changes that makes the game more friendly while still preserving much of the intensity inherent in the genre.

Sometimes we do amateur commentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY--y_B5VlI

Thread: http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/111445

I've played LoL a few times with a GWJ guys, they are pretty fun, but Dota seems to be easier for me to get a game.

You guys should check out Stellar Impact. It's DOTA, but IN SPACE! Less focused on creeps (however creeps can put out a lot of DPS) with additional tech trees and capture points compared to DOTA.

Check it out!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207150/

It's also terrible and no-one plays it! :violin: Which is a shame, 'cause it's quite cool.

It's not very good, sadly. The matchmaking is completely broken, it only has three maps (an odd complaint if it were a traditional DotA-like, but not here), and the balance continues to swing in all directions each time a patch comes out.
Not to mention it looks pretty bad, and there are almost no heroes. It's a shame, I had high hopes for SMNC.

We should organise some games. Any way we can do a 5V5 with only thumbs and friends?

So that was fun, and by fun I mean painful playing against a team with 3 stealth heroes, but by that I mean it was still fun.

So that was fun, and by fun I mean painful playing against a team with 3 stealth heroes, but by that I mean it was still fun.

Doom was the wrooooooong choice. Admittedly I picked before Clinkz and Gondar (BH) were on the board, but oh man. Though the occasional vindictive "DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM" was fun.

Managed to win a game two days ago where we had been beaten sorely in kills and were down to our fully exposed ancient.

We had a whole group of thumbs(including vanaman) in a late night game last night and we won. Vanaman and i were laning top with lich and axe, then orvidos was helping out a new guy bot with lesrach and I forget who else. Good times and lords management were had.

We had a whole group of thumbs(including vanaman) in a late night game last night and we won. Vanaman and i were laning top with lich and axe, then orvidos was helping out a new guy bot with lesrach and I forget who else. Good times and lords management were had.

Yeah, was super fun -- feel like I'm actually starting to figure out how to be a good Support Lord so we will have to keep the Consortium goin'. If I'm online past 9pm Pacific time I'm usually down to play a round (although I might take a break from work if I can coerce Breckon on the east coast into a game some night this week).

Support is deffinately super fun in Dota 2, its my personal favorite favorite role to play and it works out since normally everyone else always wants to all pick carries.

I think they are my favourite too. I just can't seem to muster the last hitting that you need for a carry (or to farm blink on an initiator) ever.

I'm pretty good with iniators like axe, enigma, and ogre, but I suck hardcore with earthshaker

Build guide for LoL (wait for it ~0.18)

[media=]

[/media]