Sean

The Idle Thumbs Lords Management Consortium - Dota 2, LoL, other Lords Managers unite

YO. Jakiro has been boss for ages. This is just icing on the cake.

Loving a lot of the changes so far. My longtime favorite axe, got a buff to be even more boss like then ever.

Treant can now globally heal towers after a teams failed push, to get them ready to go for the next fight

I want to start playing as doombringer again so I can check out his buffs.

UM

UM EXCUSE ME

HIS STUN WAS AMAZING IF YOU KNEW HOW TO USE IT

but yeah his new stun is just fucking badass

EDIT: As an aside, I find it kind of amusing that every single one of the related videos in that grid after my video ends are SingSing related.

My ELO is 1229 in LoL. My highest ever. I don't care what people say, Soraka is my best support for solo queue (71% win from 21 games). Sometimes you just get that really good Pug where everyone has a chat before hand and sorts out their roles without a bother.

I'm going to start playing more Leona, but not in ranked solo, that's for sure.

Also, jakiro is silly now. Are people maxing Ice first? I've been going Ice, then liquid fire and leaving the main nuke till last. I think for support i should be churning out those cheap stuns, and the liquid fire is handy for the odd harass.

Don't you want the nuke to help on last hits in lane and harrass? or is it too expensive? I don't really play jakiro

Depending on the lane, you max either nuke or passive first. Nuke if you want to kill, passive if you want to push. Passive destroys towers. You definitely don't max ice, unless you're having huge amounts of trouble. You get one point in it, early, though. I get it first level, and then max Q, generally. The nuke guarantees kills. Especially once leveled up. The stun doesn't.

I was laning with a Tiny and we were on Mumble. He was only interested in me for my stuns. *sniff*

Welllll, okay. Tiny, to be fair, does MASSIVE nuke damage, if he knows how to do the combo. In a situation like that... Jakiro doesn't really need to do damage. Especially against a squishy lane.

That said, Jak is max boss, and he'd be way more effective, even with a Tiny, if he could do more than just stun.

Actually, question. In LoL, if you have a cone or skillshot, the cursor shows what is going to happen. Is there a way to change the cursor from the default circle in dota so you can see what jak's Q cone is going to look like?

I think there's some kind of console command to see something like that, but I'm not sure if it's a cone, or just a general range indicator in the direction you're pointing with your cursor.

I think there's some kind of console command to see something like that, but I'm not sure if it's a cone, or just a general range indicator in the direction you're pointing with your cursor.

I think that's just a general range indicator, though not 100%. I've never seen anything similar to the skill shot cone that League has, though I haven't looked for it.

I'm looking for some cool people to dote with. Are there many/any Aussie/SEA players in this thread/steam group?

DP didn't need a buff she's already so goddamn powerful.

And Silencer got major buffed what is wrong with you. Last Word now disarms ON TOP of the silence AND damage, provided they don't cast a spell? Otherwise it just silences and damages? "Just." It's good. The int steal was moved to glaives, and now you get the int steal even if they're out of range, as long as you get the kill. It's good.

D: Veno nerf! D: Early game, anyway.

Outside of the potential to disarm, I really look at it as a nerf. Last Word used to absolutely shut down team fight heroes now he's got a single target nuke/silence/disarm but unless it disarms he'll just be beat to death anyway. Nortrom really exists in a weird space; a carry that can't carry and a support that can't control enemies past laning.

I just got a spare key! If any fellow thumbs are still waiting to get in, pm your steam account.

I'm looking for some cool people to dote with. Are there many/any Aussie/SEA players in this thread/steam group?

Yes, me! I want to get some Thumb community games in, but don't really know how to go about it via the group. My steam name is the same as this forums handle.

I play on US West and want to play more games with people I kinda have an affiliation with!

I think that's just a general range indicator, though not 100%. I've never seen anything similar to the skill shot cone that League has, though I haven't looked for it.

Yep that is correct. You can make the game show range when you mouse over skills, and that is it.

Yep that is correct. You can make the game show range when you mouse over skills, and that is it.

There's also something that you can enable that makes a line from your hero to your cursor when you select a skill or an item like a ward and if it's in range its a green arrow and if its not it's red. At least thats how I think it works, I don't use it so I'm not 100% and I don't think it's that helpful.

In other news, Centaur is really fucking strong now. I also always think of him as Brad Wardell now. It's Bradley to his friends though.

There's also something that you can enable that makes a line from your hero to your cursor when you select a skill or an item like a ward and if it's in range its a green arrow and if its not it's red. At least thats how I think it works, I don't use it so I'm not 100% and I don't think it's that helpful.

In other news, Centaur is really fucking strong now. I also always think of him as Brad Wardell now. It's Bradley to his friends though.

That is how that feature works yeah. Its neat if you want to figure out a hero, but its not something you;d manage to pay attention to in combat.

Centaur is unintentionally strong apparently, await a fix for that dude.