Sean

The Idle Thumbs Lords Management Consortium - Dota 2, LoL, other Lords Managers unite

I also have 6 passes, with one lucky person getting the holiday set. I believe my steam id is linked on the first page

lol just stumbled upon this random clip. 4 black holes in the span of 20 seconds. I can't explain it. Just watch

Enigma -> Rubick -> Enigma Refreshes -> Rubick Refreshes

Errybody dies.

I just went ahead and joined the steam group because I don't like to queue by myself and none of my friends are online. Nobody is in the group chat though, so I don't know how to find people who want to play a game. Is this more of the sort of thing where you guys games planned in advance or did I just show up at a bad time? Basically, how does this group actually function?

there's usually a few people in the dota 2 chat channel, I've noticed.

Unrelated, had a great start to a terrible game with rubick. Found skeleton king waiting for rune before game start, levitated him onto the ward ledge near rosh. His lane partner later tried to give him a scroll, I noticed him leave lane. Me and spirit breaker went over, spirit breaker charged up to the ledge and we killed sk, then I threw his partner up and fed him another kill. Unfortunately every other lane was terrible and we lost hard and fast.

Is the Dota community any better than the LoL community? I like the gameplay mechanics of LoL but I'm getting really sick of the community.

Is the Dota community any better than the LoL community? I like the gameplay mechanics of LoL but I'm getting really sick of the community.

I don't know how it is in LoL. But dota2 is better than HoN and real-dota at least. The steps they have taken to improve it work somewhat, although they can do a lot more because the community is still pretty shitty.

You still run into dicks sometimes, but I've had better luck with playing with decent folk than in LoL overall. I complain a lot more about bad players than bad attitudes, basically. That said, nothing funnier than a very russian guy with shades of dracula constantly blaming you for the loss while yelling "VUNDYING VUT ARE YOU DOING?!"

I don't know how it is in LoL. But dota2 is better than HoN and real-dota at least. The steps they have taken to improve it work somewhat, although they can do a lot more because the community is still pretty shitty.

You still run into dicks sometimes, but I've had better luck with playing with decent folk than in LoL overall. I complain a lot more about bad players than bad attitudes, basically.

Good to hear. I'll have to check it out, thanks!

I've noticed no great difference but LoL is definitely trying harder to improve their community.

Had a Bane that wasn't responding to anyone, so my friend says "maybe if you talk like Batman he'll hear it", so of course our puck does nothing but batman voice the rest of the game, was pretty entertaining.

Wait, I guess I misunderstood Sean. He only had one Beta key?

So, Could you give me one as well Osmosisch? I'm Jon N/A.

I'm basically drowning in beta invites. I added you on steam if you still need one.

I haven't played League in probably 8 months or so, but all of my friends still play it and every time I mention something like being able to pause the game they say how it would never work in League because no one would actually wait if a player dc'd and would just unpause (which to be fair is the case in Dota 2 and HoN sometimes as well)

had a russian guy scream at me today...somehow I attract the entertaining ones at least. Start of game, I'm walking by mid because of lane change, I see rune, wait. Zeus walks away from it. So I take it. He flips out because it was "his." Then yells a bunch of russian, then all of a sudden just yells "MCDONALDS COCA COLA" at the end of his rant. All of this over mic. I was dying laughing.

played the closest game last night, the opponent got an all kill and got to our ancient took it to 140hpwhen we had respawned and we killed them after using all of Invokers crowd control spells then we moved in for a hard push mid all up we got their ancient and ended up winning :D.

I almost want to move to the US because of the Russian cesspool that is Europe West. I hope Valve either region locks matchmaking or make it so you can report someone for not speaking English.