Sean

The Idle Thumbs Lords Management Consortium - Dota 2, LoL, other Lords Managers unite

Been on an absolute roll recently. Six wins in a row. Probably means I'm due for a run of like 6 losses. Can't WAIT for that!

I don't understand why, but in the past week, I've received four individual extra beta invites for Dota 2.

I'm throwing these out for offer elsewhere, too, so if you want one, claim it fast. U:

I had 3 and gave one to one of my friends (we used to play HoN together, but he's been too busy for that and might be for Dota 2) and am saving the other 2 with the hope that I might be able to get a couple friends to switch from League.

Is there still a need for Dota 2 keys in here? Would rather they went to thumbs folks than to random people on reddit, but would like to get rid of them in some venue or other! I think you can friend me from here http://steamcommunity.com/id/heresiarchic and hit me up on Steam if you're interested! Also happy to mentor people who think Dota might be fun but feel intimidated by it. I love showing people the ropes.

I have three keys left still.

I think almost everyone has extra keys at this point. They're pulling a Google Beta. U:

I DID A NEW VID

This is probably one of my favorite things to ever happen in Dota 2. I was laughing so hard over the mic at the time. That Luna was belligerent in her trashtalk, despite so obviously losing, but at least she was a good sport about it.

I also received a well-earned badger courier for that game. I ROCKED that shit. U:

I got into the Sins of a Dark Age beta, did anyone else? I haven't installed it and probably won't for a while, but I'll probably at least check it out at some point.

I got into the Sins of a Dark Age beta, did anyone else? I haven't installed it and probably won't for a while, but I'll probably at least check it out at some point.

Spoilers, it's fucking terrible! And I can give a beta a lot of "promise leeway". Ho man.

Copypaste of a Skype convo.

I tried six heroes, all of which had at least one skill that was basically useless. The itemization is like early beta LoL. The controls have delay for whatever reason. Creeps build up in such numbers and so quickly that losing two waves means you have to call in support of a third person not to be automatically overrun. Tower AI is laughable. The graphical optimization is even worse. The UI is atrocious.

More importantly they completely removed the Commander aspect of the game in favor of in-match quests. Fuck that.

The screenshots look kinda nice, but once I saw video I was turned off. Still, it is beta, so that's not an automatic thumbs down. But Orv says it sucks, so I guess I don't care anymore!

I can never tell when you're fucking around or not.

I'm almost always fucking around, but I rarely ever say something that isn't true.

More importantly they completely removed the Commander aspect of the game in favor of in-match quests. Fuck that.

Shit, really? That was my whole reason for being interested in the game! That and liking Sins of a Solar Empire, anyway.

So you're pretend lying. Awesome.

Well, I wouldn't say I'm pretend lying. I just lace what I say with a certain degree of stupid.

Er, there's an NDA on the beta AFAIK.

Er, there's an NDA on the beta AFAIK.

I think it's a little shitty of them to only reveal to beta players that they removed the aspect of their game that doesn't make it just another League of Legends, so fuck them.

E: Turns out I'm wrong, they have updated their FAQ but it's at the very bottom and a tiny blurb. Still, without commander mode and in the state that it's in (beta certainly, but definitely not anywhere near being good or worth playing) whatever, people should know it's not worth playing.

Been holding onto this video for a while, 'cause I couldn't find the right music. I think this'll do.

EDIT: Went ahead and did another 'cause I felt like it. Music probably isn't the best choice (and the video isn't really anything to write home about), but the timing on it amuses me.