Sean

The Idle Thumbs Lords Management Consortium - Dota 2, LoL, other Lords Managers unite

I just got DOTA2 who's up for some lording?

Also, I'm a terrible newb. I have played about 3 games of LoL, and know a couple basics.

For example, I believe I will be a "feeder". Invariably picking a "carry" class and running off to get myself killed.

I have mispoken, I have only downloaded the spectator client. The lording will commence when I get an invite.

Is there an equivalent to Day[9] in the DOTA community? I want to watch some replays to get a better understanding, but most of the commentary seems a bit advanced right now.

So is meepo just pretty much impossible to use well unless you're some super lord? I tried practicing triggering the poofs then blinking in with the main one, but its so hard to pull off, let alone in a real game with real players. The micro skills needed to do so seem super restrictive.

Watching someone on youtube actually Lord it up with Meepo is awesome. I'll never ever play him but it's fun to watch a Meepo master.

I wish I could play Meepo. I know I'd fucking love the shit out of it if I could. But goddamn - Micro So Hard.

6.75 should be coming soon, quite possibly next week! Hopefully Sange & Yasha gets a big change because that item is terrible but I feel too douchey to actually tell people not to buy it.

I have spent like an hour today ogling the Axe statue. http://www.wetanz.com/axe/

There's no amount of money I wouldn't pay for Death Prophet and Lanaya.

6.75 should be coming soon, quite possibly next week! Hopefully Sange & Yasha gets a big change because that item is terrible but I feel too douchey to actually tell people not to buy it.

Yo.

What.

You're wrong.

Nope. You're still wrong. Sange & Yasha is one of those situational items. For example, having trouble as Riki? Go Sange & Yasha. Bigger health boost than Manta Style, cheaper parts than that fucking Ultimate Orb (which is a bitch to buy if you're having trouble in fights or keep getting ganked), and you still get a nice boost to damage. Not to mention it amplifies your ability to chase because you get slightly more movement speed AND a chance to maim.

Nope. You're still wrong. Sange & Yasha is one of those situational items. For example, having trouble as Riki? Go Sange & Yasha. Bigger health boost than Manta Style, cheaper parts than that fucking Ultimate Orb (which is a bitch to buy if you're having trouble in fights or keep getting ganked), and you still get a nice boost to damage. Not to mention it amplifies your ability to chase because you get slightly more movement speed AND a chance to maim.

It's situational, but even so it's situational on maybe four people and new people build it on everybody.

I see what you're saying but even in that situation saving up for the Manta Style is a better option. Riki has Blink Strike and a guaranteed slow with a longer duration in Smoke Screen combined with the Yasha speed only a blink can outrun you. It's pretty much the same situation with every hero that would build it.

Edit: More particularly I see it a lot on Bounty Hunter, Ursa, Phantom Lancer, and Razor. Halberd and Manta do so much more.

It's situational, but even so it's situational on maybe four people and new people build it on everybody.

That doesn't make it shitty. If we're going to start calling out situational items for being shitty, are we then going to do the same for heroes? The vast majority of the heroes in Dota are situational. It's why you tend to see basically the same small pool of heroes in comp play. That doesn't make the heroes that aren't picked shitty. Same goes for S&Y.

No no, I wasn't agreeing with the shitty part. I just mean that yes, you can build S&Y, but only on a few people.

What's better, trying and failing to farm up 2100 gold all at once, or successfully farming up 1000 gold at a time?

MHM MHM