Brannigan

DOTA 2

brood is tricky in that, if you cant gank often then she gets lots of money and surely will push to the tower.  however w/o resetting up her webs difficult to rotate to other locations (unless like crazy farm, bkb orchid s&y etc)

i think rotating top was the right idea, show up with dust and melts.  but cannot ignore the 4 other players who will surely take a side while messing around with spiders w/o good lock down

I think it's part of what makes DotA interesting, you have two decisions: let her get farmed and bet on rolling her team, or gank her and bet on her team not getting too big in your absence. You need to find a balance that works for your team composition and level of cooperation, I think. Your response (ideally) would be different whether you have pushing presence you can apply to the other lanes while you focus her, or you have a teamfight-oriented lineup.

Polygon put up an article yesterday about DotA 2 needing a white flag for everyone, not just pro-players. I agree with that.

Yes let's do this again!

Ugh it's that guy. That guy wrote the article. I just completely flipped my opinion on the issue. No surrender option ever.

If you ask me, they should take it out of pro games as well. A couple of teams during the international were a bit too quick to give up. Where are my desperation rapier purchases?

How do you propose to take it out of pro games? One team leaves, game is over. It was added later for pro games since the time it took for 5 people to disconnect varied, to make it at least somewhat consistent.

DoTA is an sport, like Football. Is there a magic "GG" button in football? Of course not. YOUR MOVE, POLYGON!

It's pointed out that DotA is unique in that its systems / mechanics offer points of no return.

It's pointed out that DotA is unique in that its systems / mechanics offer points of no return.

A point that few pro games ever reach. Unless you count on perfect play from both teams or the team in the lead.

Did they disband?!

EDIT: Oh only Demon left. I don't care about that. I want them to either rebuild from scratch or disband. That's the only way anyone can ever like them again.

I get how you can like a team or hate a play style but Liquid doesn't really play some kind of repetative strategy.

There's tons of teams that suck worse. They are the 10th highest ranked team at TI4.

i read that article yesterday and was not convinced from his point of view(not trying to rehash the surrender discussion, no surrender, end of disucssion)

His whole argument is that he just doesnt like the time it takes from obviously losing to the other team taking high-ground.  Or if they arent going to implement this surrender option then fix the meta to be long-game again.

Anyone who has played for a while will attest to the frequency that the meta changes.  The summer (and subsequently the current meta) is just a weird time since they hold off on major patches long before and until after TI.

in conclusion, no surrender - wait for next patch

Luck does not equal skill, Jutranjo! Liquid sucks. Worst team ever.

That guy's argument is fucking awful, but just because his argument is awful, and make no mistake, everything that guy DOES is awful, (wahh current meta), that doesn't mean surrender shouldn't be an option. It should. End of discussion.

Being 2nd in a qualifier, winning two BO3 in a row 2:0, then going 8-7 against the top DOTA2 teams in the world, then finally losing to LGD isn't being lucky, maybe unlucky is more like it.

I'm not a huge fan of Liquid's DOTA 2 team but no team can just be lucky to get 10th place at TI.

No team except Liquid.

<Tworg> is it unreasonable to hate a sports team jsut because i want to hate them

<coaxmetal> was aloe vera a lie all along? Find out by clicking on this article
<coaxmetal> Tworg: that sounds reasonable to me. 
<Tworg> i think so, too
<Tworg> thanks
<coaxmetal> I hate boston sports teams because some of their fans are jerks
<coaxmetal> thats my hating sports teams story
<BuffaloJoe> yeah, all boston teams are horrible because of their fan base
<BuffaloJoe> annoying a fuck
<Tworg> well that's a real reason to hate a team though
<elmuerte> sports? more like warts
<Tworg> i just hate this team because they're consistently mediocre
<Tworg> i guess that's a reason too
<Tworg> allow me to rephrase
<coaxmetal> at least htey are consistent
<BuffaloJoe> are you a buffalo fan or something? 
<Tworg> is it unreasonable to hate a sports team just because they are consistently mediocre
<BuffaloJoe> not at ll
<BuffaloJoe> all*
<Tworg> excellent
<Tworg> thanks
<BuffaloJoe> you're welcome
VINDICATION!

I still find it really weird just how bad Fnatic are given that in HoN they were far and away the best team of all time.  Their roster is the same and their players have moments where a high level of skill shines through, but then they do really poorly. 

Yeah they have one moment of brilliance, and then seem to fall apart at another moment's notice.

King of the dung heap. Liquid is alright. Always mediocre though. Never done anything interesting. They just play the current meta, kind if okay.

EG is a lot better.