Brannigan

DOTA 2

Gpm or total gold differential

For differential In a pro game... I don't know. Maybe a weird snowball bank team that can't siege the base, like an anti push opposition.

Over 150 games there will be a weird anomaly with +20k-25k, but likely the best answer is around 15

I need to do mine tonight so I can change 30x before it starts

I think there was a mistake, because it asks about GPM, but the values clearly imply differential.

The biggest differences I remember seeing are around 12k, most teams just gg out if it gets higher because the game is almost obviously fucked at that point.

I'm sure Navi won a game despite some 15k deficit.

i interpreted it as the difference between the teams cumulative GPM.

Yeah, the 5000+ options still doesnt work for that. It's not possible to earn that much gold as a team. 0-5000 was the lowest option right? It has to be total gold difference, anything else just doesn't math out as far as I can see. 

had ourselves a dota lan day, 3's from 8ish till 9ish.  pretty great

its very interesting how a great lord for 5's is sometimes kiss of death in a smaller team atmosphere.  we played AR...there were some gg @ 10minutes...but mostly good times.

last time i did this i was seeing a "UI" while driving home, today was much better, only wanted to magic wand once while getting around someone on the freeway

I (and my team) is having the hardest time with high mobility teams. Cloak Lords and Lothar items aren't the problem, we buy a lot of wards and keep dust at the ready

More like a 3-blink team, usually with team iniation (es tide enigma warlock mags) causes serious problems. A single target like batrider is me and easily dealt with

We play Rd so bad drafting could be part of it, but any one else have similar issues and counters?

Our style is usually moderate lock down, strong team work and lots of healing/mana boots for quick/sustain pushing

I (and my team) is having the hardest time with high mobility teams. Cloak Lords and Lothar items aren't the problem, we buy a lot of wards and keep dust at the ready

More like a 3-blink team, usually with team iniation (es tide enigma warlock mags) causes serious problems. A single target like batrider is me and easily dealt with

We play Rd so bad drafting could be part of it, but any one else have similar issues and counters?

Our style is usually moderate lock down, strong team work and lots of healing/mana boots for quick/sustain pushing

Blink is a really good pickup on a lot of heroes right now. You can always try to have something tick away their health like a radiance to disable the blinks, or stay split until you're ready to initiate on them. Keep wards up. Blinks are really good though. At some point it's all about positioning I think. Don't get in a place where you can get dropped on and wiped all at once.

I've been having a rough time whenever I queue with my friends lately, especially vs when I solo queue. With friends we rarely have a nice team lineup or play to our strengths or make a plan and try to execute it. I lose more with them than I do on my own, but they have higher MMR than me. My solo MMR is about level with theirs while my ranked MMR is a shit ton lower, and I only queue with them for ranked. It's frustrating. I suck at dota.

Yeah everybody fucking buys a blink these days. Still not as bad as the flash-fest that is LoL, but goddamn infuriating sometimes nonetheless.

I'm not sure about "everybody" buying Blink Daggers. Over the past week, I've actually played against a lot of teams that had nearly everyone get Shadowblades. Which, yes, it can be countered, but it's expensive to counter against and it's unwise to make it a gem of true sight (because that investment is just lost, unless you always wander as a team, which destroys your farming ability).

Shadowblade is kinda shit in comparison to blink on most heroes, it costs too much mana, besides all the other stuff.

Pick warlock and tide. They blink in, you fuck em. They can't get bkb and blink on their heroes. Not until quite later at least. 

e: Disruptor as well is relatively good counter-initiation. Silencer, naga siren. medusa are also alternatives for counter initiation. 

e2: Yes, shadowblade sucks. Only natures prophet should consider getting it these days I think. 

According to this TI4 will have a separate stream and commentary aimed at newer players. I know this is a thing people have asked for and I think it's a really good idea, given how complicated this game is.

Nothing makes me want to punch people more than purposely feeding.

I just played a 'match' where two guys on my team called top lane early and proceeded to throw their bodies over and over to the enemy. So fucking mad. That's 25 minutes of my life just wasted.

Another thing I don't like: Playing with "friends" who spend all game nitpicking over shit that I do. I don't even know how they find the time to do it during play.

I'm playing a match as Spirit Breaker, who is my best hero. I'm in the 60-70% win ratio range with him. I like to think that I know what I'm doing. So I queue with some friends for Random Draft and SB is in the pool. "Oh my best guy," and it's okayed that I take him (for whatever strategy we had).

What do I get from the start of the game? A fucking guy I know breathing down my back about what I'm doing and how it's wrong and should be doing this or that instead, etc. I'm already stressed enough as it is playing with friends because I'm afraid of my awfulness at the game showing, being having every detail of my playing being commented on is just too much for me to handle. I can't take that shit.

So there's an exploit going around to crash the server of the game you're playing on and make it so it's like it never even happened.

Last night I was on my daily challenge hero as Spectre, playing with three friends and one pub on my team against a five-stack from Ecuador with the clan tag WPC or some such all in their name. We weren't doing all that well in the beginning, but eventually turned the game around and started winning. After we won a crucial teamfight at Rosh AND got Rosh, we were all excited and then... the game froze for all of us. The countdown from 30 seconds began and eventually the game ended and when we tried to reconnect we got the "No game is found" message. This is exactly how the exploit goes. Normally when the server crashes on its own, the game is still in your history, but maybe doesn't count. This always guarantees that it's as if it never happened.

I'm fucking annoyed.

volov pls fix

Nature's Prophet is total bullshit. Like broken and unfair. They need to nerf his warping around hard, like make it disarm him for a time.

Edit - Like for every x distance traveled, disarm him for y seconds. For example, every 1000 units = 1 second disarmed with a cap of 6 to 8 seconds.

Uh. No. If you are losing to natures prophet you are being out played or out picked. He has already been nerfed quite a bit in the last few patches.

Kill him early on, ward his jungle, delay his Midas, delay level 6. A few deaths on him pre midas and he isn't really coming back in a strong way. He has no escape mechanism so until he gets one you can quite easily murder him if he tries to push.

I enjoy playing Disruptor against Nature's Prophet. Glimpse can screw up his plans in lots of fun ways.

NP doesn't need midas to be effective. It helps but it's not like a mandatory thing.

It took me three matches but I finally got a win as Naga Siren. Except for the second game, I was having a lot of fun. Great hero to play as. I thought the third match was going to be another loss because I was solo in my lane against Dark Seer and Faceless. I had to keep my distance and wasn't getting much in the way of last hits. But then things kinda turned around when I managed to catch Void, who wasn't terribly low on health, in a net right at the foot of my tower. I splashed him and he got some distance from me, but a couple of trailing tower shots finished him off. It felt so good enabling that. Dark Seer went down shortly after that.

Also, apparently her ultimate stops all forms of damage ticking. Enigma and Venomancer each used their ults on a group of the enemy team, but my song was stopping the damage from either source. I stopped it immediately when I noticed but it was too late, wasted opportunity.

Played literally the worst match out of all 140ish I've played ever.

The enemy team: Timbersaw, Invoker, Riki, Rubick, and Lich. It's formidable as hell if they come bombing in abruptly.

My team was like a bunch of misfits. Pudge, Shadow Shaman (myself), Mira, Bounty Hunter, and Sniper. Hypothetically good. Execution: God awful.

At the start of the match Pudge calls mid, I call bottom. I reinforce my statement to go bottom again when I go out to ward before the match starts prior. Sniper goes top. BH says he'll go bot with me. Perfect. As I'm heading down to the 2nd ward spot / bottom, I notice that Mira is waiting there too. We keep telling Mira to go top over and over. My move speed is garbage and she'll get there way faster. No response. So we end up tri-laning for a couple minutes before Mira finally gives in. Not exactly a team player.

Now I'm not an expert with SS, this was my first run with him. But I've watched him enough (and practiced on bots to get a feel on his skills) to get an idea of what to do and how to do it. During laning, I catch a couple guys in the hold and BH goes at them. Great, we have that much coordination at least. For the moment. But it fell apart quickly. He quickly picked up a case of "too timid to follow through on initiations" and would leave me and others hanging. Plus he didn't pick up on Riki having a gem of true sight and would keep doing failed stealth flanks, dying on his own. He gave no response to tips about avoiding stuff or following through on team fights.

Sniper starts giving up deaths. I missed him playing the whole first half of the game but I realized he wasn't auto-attacking a damn thing. He was constantly burning his mana on his ultimate and at one point during a failed team fight declared, "I was out of mana" as to why he didn't participate in it. I dunno if he was doing it on purpose or what. He spent the entire match claiming he was being left hung out to dry, but was instead wandering off when we were pinging specific defense points. He also wasn't buying any items or farming at all. I mean, he had a Ring of Aq and Power Treads... 40 minutes into the match. WHAT.

Mira was at least trying to play right, but suffered from timidness for team fights. Pudge and I go in, and Mira would literally run away. Just like BH and Sniper.

Pudge was the one competent guy on the team. He scored a ton of kills, was just shy of 100 natural strength. His hook shots were pretty good. But for the first half of the match, he didn't seem to have any faith in me supporting fights. As soon as I'd show up, he ran away. It wasn't until the end of the match that he actually started following through.

My problem was trying to be aggressive on warding, especially for sight on Riki. I got caught more than once alone, with nobody following me to protect me for 15 seconds. I was also trying to be aggressive on ganks. I can't number how many times I would catch an enemy alone with one or two teammates nearby, snare them, and then watch my team run away. Then as I would run away after snaring, the enemy team would reinforce. We would've stood a fighting chance together in each situation - making it a 3v2 for example since one would be dead. Instead it became 1v3 as I tried to run and NOPE. And defense on towers? My team would hover around waiting for the enemy to move up. They did so, I shoot some lightning, turn a guy into a chicken, I see one shot from Mira, then I'm alone and our tower gets pummeled after I die. THEN my team moves in. Like they would wait for me to eat it.

So, I literally know nothing about DOTA 2 but plan on watching the International. I bought a compendium for the hell of it, am I supposed to actually "use" this thing or just hang onto it for some reason?