BigJKO

The Nintendo Wii U is Great Thread

Nah, this isn't even the first Nintendo game with DLC, I think. I'm pretty sure Pikmin 3 had some DLC missions.

Oh man I don't think I've been as excited for DLC as Mario Kart 8's DLC (and purchased as quickly). That the cups are just sitting there, is frustratingly tantalizing.

Anyways funny comics for the dlc:

tumblr_nazrv9sc2i1th5v86o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nazvf9PVRi1th5v86o1_1280.jpg

Mario Kart is almost getting me to get a Wii U. Almost. First I need to catch up on the games I never got around to playing on Wii. 

oh man

what if you can look around using the gyroscope like some kind of half-baked Oculus Rift

what if turning on the Super Nintendo booted up a Virtual Console game

what if turning on the Super Nintendo booted up a Virtual Console game

Steeeeeeeeeeeeve

Has anyone tried Xenoblade on the WiiU Wii emulation program? I'd really like to play it, but I don't want to go out and buy a nunchuck for something that could play terrible on the new console. 

Also it sucks that you can't just use the WiiU tablet to control it.

Edit: JESUS CHRIST! It's £41 on amazon! That's basically full price for a 3 year old game.

Has anyone tried Xenoblade on the WiiU Wii emulation program? I'd really like to play it, but I don't want to go out and buy a nunchuck for something that could play terrible on the new console. 

Also it sucks that you can't just use the WiiU tablet to control it.

Edit: JESUS CHRIST! It's £41 on amazon! That's basically full price for a 3 year old game.

Do you mean on Dolphin, or on Wii U? Because I've played it on Wii U and it runs great. Also, I recommend playing it with the Classic Controller. It's too bad they can't patch the Wii U to accept Wii U controller inputs for Wii games, because the Pro Controller or the Gamepad would really be the ideal way to play it.

Also, be thankful you don't live in NA where it was a limited-run Gamestop exclusive.

I mean the emulator on the WiiU. That's great to know. 

So wait, it works with the classic controller, which is essentially the same thing as the WiiU pro, but not with any of the WiiU controllers? (Ugh these naming conventions are so annoying to type out.) That's really annoying. I'll look up the prices, if they're more than £60 overall, I probably can't justify the purchase.

By the looks of things I'm going to have to find it second hand. £65 for a 3 year old game is ridiculous.

Huh, funny coincidence, I was looking up the price of Xenoblade yesterday. I've decided I'm not going to bother (not really a fan of Jrpgs anyway) and just play X on the Wii U next year.

The Wii games I need to pick up are metroid prime 3, sin and punishment and Mario galaxy

for what it's worth, xenoblade is bundled with every new 'New nintendo 3DS'. fucking stupid naming conventions you got going on, Nintendo.

I just started playing Xenoblade on my Wii U over the weekend as it goes, it's pretty good but it's noisier than Wii U games seem to be so I'm going to wait until I can be bothered setting it horizontally to go back to it.

If only you'd been after a copy a few months ago, I got a couple of sealed limited edition ones that include a classic controller from Argos for £15 each. Fuck knows where they got them from but they didn't last long.

I also recently picked up Xenoblade apropos of nothing. Completed the ebay transaction (North America, gamestop exclusive, used copies on Amazon for $150, etc. Ebay had one for $60) about 36 hours before the remake news dropped. Oh well. Gonna play it on the WiiU and enjoy it there.

Just play through the first proper level of the wonderful 101... More like the WTF is happening 101

I think I'm playing it correctly :/ I don't see how I'm supposed to dodge attacks effectively, I can't even see what's happening. It's pretty much just all out attack and hope for the best. I don't think I'll continue

Just play through the first proper level of the wonderful 101... More like the WTF is happening 101

I think I'm playing it correctly :/ I don't see how I'm supposed to dodge attacks effectively, I can't even see what's happening. It's pretty much just all out attack and hope for the best. I don't think I'll continue

If i recall correctly, there is 2 upgrades you can buy, a spring and a jelly transformation. The jelly is for parrying, the spring is for dodging. the dodging is a bit harder, you have to dodge really early. Also transforming everyone into a weapon makes things easier to manage.

The spring is probably unlocked when you start, but I think you can upgrade it to either jump furthur or be able to roll into a ball? It's been a while.

i played the demo (waiting for low price sale before buying) and thought it was pretty manageable - but the demo has the 3 weapons & gelatin block available from the onset

a dash/doge "spring" would be super helpful on some of the bigger minions.  

my annoyance is trying to "draw" the move shape, i'd like it if the draw speed slowed down to better lasso objects/people

Yeah I've got the spring, I just never think to use it. Im already not a fan of the gameplay loop, having to create a new weapon every 5-10secs. It seems like the type of game where the more I put into it it the more I'd get out. But... Meh. What the hell are all the collectables about, space carrot, super noddles, coins, cogs and screws, secret documents, what the fuck are any of them used for

I'd recommend getting the jelly before the spring. It's wayyyy more useful. It lets you deal with some early enemies which are really hard when you first start out.

Try different weapons on each enemy, you'll likely find that one is the weakness.

The vegetables can be used to make soups and healing items in the menu. 

Good luck!

iEJCWkgJoxmCA.gif

I'm getting Diablo 3 and velocity 2 tomorrow so I don't think the wonderful 101 is going to get much of a look in until about May next year

Summer is over, the season of video games start tomorrow \o/

Damn! That's a good find. I found one on ebay for £28 with the controller, but there's stilla few days to go. I'm basically only interested in it because of this:

Xenoblade is super weird about the way it treats its characters. Everyone has multiple "underwear only" options regardless of gender, plus Sharla has breast jiggle and all of her outfits are weirdly revealing but is a reasonably well-developed character who never does anything overtly sexual.

Fiora is definitely creepy though. She's heavily implied to just be a head, torso and thighs after the events of the opening, and a good deal of the alternate armour components for her show off a lot of skin. Plus she's moe as fuck.

Xenoblade is super weird about the way it treats its characters. Everyone has multiple "underwear only" options regardless of gender, plus Sharla has breast jiggle and all of her outfits are weirdly revealing but is a reasonably well-developed character who never does anything overtly sexual.

I'm totally up for more characters in their panties. Super Smash Bros will be the better game for it. Maybe Shulk is in there to balance out this:

Super-Smash-Bros-Samus-Costumes-1.jpg

Made a little weirder by the fact that a lot of cutscenes are actually in game footage being rendered, so you still see people in the clothing you put them in. I had one guy with giant shoulder things that kept blocking out other people's faces during them.