BigJKO

The Nintendo Wii U is Great Thread

Made a little weirder by the fact that a lot of cutscenes are actually in game footage being rendered, so you still see people in the clothing you put them in. I had one guy with giant shoulder things that kept blocking out other people's faces during them.

I love it when cutscenes are rendered. One of my biggest pet peeves in RPGs is when my character isn't carrying the weapon I spent 20 hours grinding for, or the helmet that I got from killing the super boss dragon guy while in the cutscene.

Made a little weirder by the fact that a lot of cutscenes are actually in game footage being rendered, so you still see people in the clothing you put them in. I had one guy with giant shoulder things that kept blocking out other people's faces during them.

I kept Dunban in his original armour because he looked way too cool to change it, and eventually changed one character to crappier armour because their current outfit was way too silly to take seriously.

Also, are people really upset about those outfits for Zero Suit Samus? I've seen lots of people say that they'd make people mad, but haven't actually seen it happen in person. I just thought it was nice that they included reference to the Zero Mission and Fusion endings and didn't really see anything particularly sexual about a shorts/athletic top combo.

I finally bought Mario Kart 8. Damn it... this is really good.

I personally don't have a problem with them, there are girls who wear much more sexualised stuff at my local gym. I've seen some people complaining on gaf. Still, including a practically naked dude as well as a practically naked girl is something I like. 

I think 8 has taken the place of Double Dash as my favourite Mario Kart game. It's just so good. The latest DLC fixed one of my 2 issues (no map on screen), but I really hope they fix the battle stages. If they do, it'll be a damn hard MK game to beat.

Also, are people really upset about those outfits for Zero Suit Samus? I've seen lots of people say that they'd make people mad, but haven't actually seen it happen in person. I just thought it was nice that they included reference to the Zero Mission and Fusion endings and didn't really see anything particularly sexual about a shorts/athletic top combo.

Yeah but I think there aren't many. I believe most of the reaction here was people pre-reacting to what they expected to happen - an onslaught of FEMINISM WHOAA. Which probably speaks a lot of their character.

To me, the full-body skin-tight suit is weirdly more overtly sexual than some arbitrary workout clothes.

I love that Shulk outfit though. YUM. ABS.

Didn't the latest Fire Emblem have like a bathhouse scene? Wonder if they'll include a bathing suit outfit for Lucina. Rut roh! (disclaimer: i have no idea if this happened i have never played fire emblem i just remember some bikini images being a big deal)

I assumed that the people who got upset at Samus's new duds were unaware of the reference to Fusion/Zero Mission (not that a reference is a good excuse) and believed that it was a new creation for Smash.  I'm more annoyed by the fact that she'll be wearing workout clothes with ridiculous high heels.

Didn't the latest Fire Emblem have like a bathhouse scene? Wonder if they'll include a bathing suit outfit for Lucina. Rut roh! (disclaimer: i have no idea if this happened i have never played fire emblem i just remember some bikini images being a big deal)

I believe it was a "beach mission" DLC.

I'm more annoyed by the fact that she'll be wearing workout clothes with ridiculous high heels.

Yeah I don't think that will ever stop bothering me. It's so egregious and doesn't even look good. Blech.

lobotomy: Oh okay. Yeah that then!

I believe it was a "beach mission" DLC.

I think there were two DLC's, one in a bath house and one on a beach. Wasn't the main irk that in the US release there's just black bar's over Tharja's ass because it was too raunchy? 

Ever since Bayonetta (which I still need to play, thank fuck it's coming to WiiU) and the gun heels, high heels haven't bothered me. 

Ever since Bayonetta (which I still need to play, thank fuck it's coming to WiiU) and the gun heels, high heels haven't bothered me. 

Bayonetta is way over the top, both as a game and as a character.  She uses her sexuality as a weapon (literally) so giving her high heel guns fits.

Samus was given high heels because she's a woman and therefore high heels.  They're completely illogical in her case and I find them incongruous with her previous portrayals as a strong, practical female protagonist.

I assumed that the people who got upset at Samus's new duds were unaware of the reference to Fusion/Zero Mission (not that a reference is a good excuse) and believed that it was a new creation for Smash.  I'm more annoyed by the fact that she'll be wearing workout clothes with ridiculous high heels.

I thought it was stupid in Fusion/Zero Mission and I'm not pleased to see it return.

I can see where you're coming from, but as a non-Metroid fan (I've played Prime and didn't like it), the character stuff means nothing to me. 

Yeah, I love metroid and I get that even the first one showed samus without her suit if you beat it fast enough. It was lame then and it's lame now. If they have shulk in his underwear I'll be less annoyed though, for sure.

Does anyone else here have a Pro Controller? The battery life on that thing is nuts. I'm currently charging it for the first time since I bought it back in November.

I do! That thing is INSANE. I got it about a month or two ago and haven't had to charge it at all so far. And it feels great to use with probably the best dpad I've ever used. Its honestly the best controller I've played with.

the only reason I'd hesitate to call it my favourite is the terrible rumble, but that's a fairly minor point.

Yeah, I forgot whether or not it even had rumble but honestly I don't like that in a controller at all. It doesn't really enhance anything. My previous favorite controller was the SNES, for the record.

The Pro controller is great! One of the best controllers out there. I use it for both WiiU and PC, and I've charged it once in 4 months. 

Against my wallet's will, I bought Xenoblade Chronicles and a controller to play with over the weekend. I'm excited! Hopefully this will be the JRPG to end my search to find a JRPG I like enough to complete.

Against my wallet's will, I bought Xenoblade Chronicles and a controller to play with over the weekend. I'm excited! Hopefully this will be the JRPG to end my search to find a JRPG I like enough to complete.

How much of Half Minuet Hero did you do?

Also did anyone check out the Nintendo Direct yesterday?

Bayonetta 2 looks fucking fantastic. And I need that special edition. ugh. I want it now.

How much of Half Minuet Hero did you do?

Also did anyone check out the Nintendo Direct yesterday?

Quite a lot, but it's not a "standard" JRPG, it's its own thing entirely. 

And yes, I watched it. SO EXCITED! Looks fantastic. The online coop thing is pretty cool.

Man some of those Nintendo Directs are really awkward to watch.  Those poor developers' faces look like they're being forced at gunpoint to demo the game.

Yeah, the lady looks so uncomfortable at the beginning, blinking like a madman. But when they played coop together she looked a lot more relaxed.

I was a bit confused by the Co-op element actually. I couldn't tell whether the game was an online coop deal, or just a CPU playing with you, which dies when the other person dies. If that makes sense.