BigJKO

The Nintendo Wii U is Great Thread

Why is everyone in Xenoblade cockney?! I can't stop laughing every time someone speaks. It's not ruining the experience, but it's turned in into more of a comedy than I was meant to be.

Treehouse didn't re-localise it, so it retains the British voice acting. So everyone sounds British.

How utterly absurd for British accents to be used for anything other than hardnuts, villains, and fantasy characters!

Hearing the bad guy say "I ATE 'EM!" sent me into fits of laughter. And Reyn constantly saying "Don't lose you're 'ead doe" feels odd. 

Fun game! If you can get past the PS2 visuals and weird cockney accents.

Hearing the bad guy say "I ATE 'EM!" sent me into fits of laughter.

FEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME

FEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME

FEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME

I was going to complain about the prizes being better until I realized you're European too, I'm 450 away from this and while I have plush Yoshi, it's not like there will be anything better?

I guess this is not in the U.S.? I was thinking I'd get a toy for my dog (Don't worry she loves plushes and will never destroy them), but I still see the same few gifts left. Guess I will probably be having another mass amount of coins expiring next year.

I guess this is not in the U.S.? I was thinking I'd get a toy for my dog (Don't worry she loves plushes and will never destroy them), but I still see the same few gifts left. Guess I will probably be having another mass amount of coins expiring next year.

Far too familiar a feeling. :sad:

So Super Mario 3D World is pretty neat.

Reviews are starting to come in for Hyrule Warriors, and it seems like it's perfectly mediocre. Not unexpected; still disappointing.

An 8/10 from Eurogamer is nothing to sneeze at, though.

I'll be holding off on that one for now I think, next month has too much stuff anyway. Speaking of which, Amazon are honouring my cheap Bayonetta 2 preorder and are sending me the special edition for the regular edition price which is downright decent of them.

In North America, we don't have the rad special edition. Still, I'm in a similar boat and getting it for $50, which was the price when I preordered it, instead of the $65 that it is now. Thanks, Amazon!

I'm wondering about these extra skins for Hyrule Warrior that Nintendo had with certain preorders since this is the first time Nintendo has done this. Will Nintendo maybe be selling these outright later or am I going to have to troll ebay for codes?

I'll be holding off on that one for now I think, next month has too much stuff anyway. Speaking of which, Amazon are honouring my cheap Bayonetta 2 preorder and are sending me the special edition for the regular edition price which is downright decent of them.

Is that the one where you get both bayonetta 1 + 2, or the First press edition? Because I was under the impression the First press edition was exclusive to game. I'd be pissed off if that wasn't the case, as I hate giving money to game (which I'm doing because of the FPE, as I'm a mug). either way it's too late to change, as the FPE on Amazon is selling for a cool £150. No biggie guys.

I'm wondering about these extra skins for Hyrule Warrior that Nintendo had with certain preorders since this is the first time Nintendo has done this. Will Nintendo maybe be selling these outright later or am I going to have to troll ebay for codes?

The way they worded the email I got about this sounded like you just needed to put it in your basket, not even buy it. I guess it's not too late to try now? I was also under the impression that it wasn't all the skins, just a subset (I think the OoT ones). I couldn't say if it's a genuine exclusive or a timed one. :/

Talking of Hyrule Warriors, it came in the post yesterday! Initial impressions are that it's good fun (as opposed to bad fun). I like the way bosses have weaknesses that you can exploit (and in some cases have to), as it makes the rather tedious battle system of Dynasty Warriors more interesting. Also seeing characters from the previous games (like sheik and the great fairy from OoT) re-modelled is awesome, as they look the same, but better (if that makes sense).

The two problems with the game so far is that the game requires some knowledge of previous zelda games to find out the boss weaknesses, which might be a problem for newcomers to the series. The other one is the voice over that bookends every battle, as it just feels weird in a zelda game.

Is that the one where you get both bayonetta 1 + 2, or the First press edition? Because I was under the impression the First press edition was exclusive to game. I'd be pissed off if that wasn't the case, as I hate giving money to game (which I'm doing because of the FPE, as I'm a mug). either way it's too late to change, as the FPE on Amazon is selling for a cool £150. No biggie guys.

Oh not the First Press edition, just the one that includes the first game. The FPE is exclusive to Game in the UK right enough and I am a little disappointed in you for giving them money too. I actually had it on order from Amazon.fr at first for about 60 Euro I think it was then decided against it.

It seems to still be unclear whether you get the first game for free, discounted, or at full price if you buy Bayonetta 2 digitally. I mean, it'd be a massive fuck-up to not make it free since it comes free with the physical copy, but they've really been terrible about communicating it.

It is possible to just buy the second one, at least in the UK it is, so maybe that's why? I'm guessing they'll be more clear about it later?

Oh not the First Press edition, just the one that includes the first game. The FPE is exclusive to Game in the UK right enough and I am a little disappointed in you for giving them money too.

So am I man, So am I.

It seems to still be unclear whether you get the first game for free, discounted, or at full price if you buy Bayonetta 2 digitally. I mean, it'd be a massive fuck-up to not make it free since it comes free with the physical copy, but they've really been terrible about communicating it.

eShop page is finally up and clears that confusion: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/8GnzgLRe8-ifS047QNoFsrvDn8k6R4Ey

"Bayonetta 2 is a Wii U exclusive. Bayonetta comes packed in with the purchase of every retail packaged version of Bayonetta 2. Nintendo eShop purchases of either Bayonetta or Bayonetta 2 will include an automatic discount on the other game."

So Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 digitally are tied to each other; buying one gives you a discount on the other. So the end result will put you out $60, but I have absolutely no clue how they're going to price Bayonetta 2/1 on the eShop as a result. Probably they're both $50, but buying one drops the other to $10?

Yeah, that's still not clear, especially since at least a few sources have said that it's discounted to $0 (as in, you still have to purchase it from the eshop, but the price is marked as nothing, like a PS+ title). It's infuriating.

Yeah sweet make digital purchases cost more fuck you 'Tendo. ;_;

The way they worded the email I got about this sounded like you just needed to put it in your basket, not even buy it. I guess it's not too late to try now? I was also under the impression that it wasn't all the skins, just a subset (I think the OoT ones). I couldn't say if it's a genuine exclusive or a timed one. :/

Talking of Hyrule Warriors, it came in the post yesterday! Initial impressions are that it's good fun (as opposed to bad fun). I like the way bosses have weaknesses that you can exploit (and in some cases have to), as it makes the rather tedious battle system of Dynasty Warriors more interesting. Also seeing characters from the previous games (like sheik and the great fairy from OoT) re-modelled is awesome, as they look the same, but better (if that makes sense).

Well I think there's two for Gamestop, two for Amazon, and two for buying early and registering with Nintendo.

EDIT:

More wait, two for Best Buy, Amazon, and Gamestop. Obnoxious.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/hyrule-warriors/Pre-Order_Bonuses

Anyone have experience with external hard drives on wii-u?

Nintendo says powered disk hard drives and doesn't recommend USB flash or even ssd due to read/write limitations

Across the internet people swear their flash drives work fine. Just looking for thumb experience on the matter