toblix

GTA V

SUBMARINES and TRAINS. Christmas has come early!!!

and a friggin Jumbo jet that's pilotable! :D

So in theory we'll be able to fly a jumbo jet into a skyscraper.., eek, can't wait for the mainstream media to find out about that.

Who says you can fly the Jumbo? This isn't Just Cause. Smaller planes I'm sure are there though. That being said, it certainly does look like there's a guy in there. Maybe we can! I certainly hope the blimp is flyable.

Also, on a complete side note, Just Cause 3 is currently playable! Though not due out for a while it's still awesome to know those guys have been working on it since 2. It's also coming for Next-Gen consoles, though honestly I don't know if it's a cross generation title or next gen only.

I remember I was running around San Andreas once and a biplane flew into a building down the road OUT OF NOWHERE and it scared the shit out of me.

i love the freedom in GTA to pick up a heli in multiplayer - like Battlefield - and have a dogfight at night, above other people on the ground fighting whilst listening to The Doors and the world feel real though, full of NPCs and dynamic systems.

BVsW2.jpg

Only Bruce Willis is looking at the trunk, the rest is looking somewhere else.

The white guy in the suit was Jack Nickleson right? So who was the black guy again?

Looks? No, but characters, hell yeah they did. Maybe not one specific character, but they really are based on one or two.

"Bruce Willis" is usually the good guy though, isn't he? The two white guys here are both bad guys and I think the black guy is a bad guy too. Hell, the entire story is about robbing banks I think.

Willis is rarely a good guy, he's mostly an antihero. Also, in The Jackal, Last Man Standing, Bandits, and The Siege he wasn't even the good guy.

And, he's Kane in the Kane & Lynch movie?

They're not anybody. Has GTA ever used real faces of anyone as bases for the characters?

No, but we should keep the rumor running.

I'm excited. Rockstar are still the only game in town when it comes to making urban environments that have character and are worth exploring.

Some of the competitors have advanced the style with regard to what you do, in terms of mechanics and mission design, but only Rockstar cities are interesting to putter around in with no particular goal.

I learn my way around the neighborhoods in GTAs, but in the others I just follow an arrow.

Oh man. Time to plan some vacation time. It's like 3 GTAs in one game :tup:

I'm excited. Rockstar are still the only game in town when it comes to making urban environments that have character and are worth exploring.

They also made Max Payne 3

I haven't played any of GTA4 at all. Thinking about skipping directly from San Andreas to this and having my head exploded.

Recommended. As much as it blew my mind at the time, GTA4 is kind of dated-looking now. I remember finding the Red Dead Redemption version of the engine significantly sharper and this is looking like yet another stride beyond that.