MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

btw, I cleaned up the failed big tree experiment #1 a bit. All lava, fire and water is gone. It's now just a mess of glass, wood and dirt

I made the change, but minecraft.net is down so I can't log in to test the effect. If someone makes it in before I do, let me know how it feels now.

Woohooo.... finished the first level of my amazeing new construction.

I really should leave more hints. got lost quite a few times.

The first sublevel is probably the worst so far.

I've finally started building things. Boring tower on the outcropping of the winter wonderland is mine. One day I'll make it actually interesting, but for now i'm trying to get my feet wet.

Do minecarts/tracks work yet? I heard murmurs that the Boo update changed them in MP someway, but I figured I'd ask instead of breaking the server.

Do minecarts/tracks work yet? I heard murmurs that the Boo update changed them in MP someway, but I figured I'd ask instead of breaking the server.

Sadly no, they still don't work quite right. On the plus side Redstone works fairly well in MP now. I have had lots of enjoyment in my lab building different circuits.

I found this on improved java garbage collection to reduce lag. Might be worth a shot, Tabacco: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1012&t=68128

Hmm... someone said there that Minecraft is essentially single-threaded, I think. In that case, -XX:+UseBiasedLocking may help as well (might save some CPU cycles).

Also, something newer in Java 1.6 and I'm not sure how experimental: -XX:+DoEscapeAnalysis may save a lot of cycles and help with GC depending on the implementation details. It gave me 20% improvement in a game I was working on some time ago.

Alright, fess up. Who ignited my* island?

* Isn't really mine, but it's still ON FIRE.

Burning Forest

Looks quite toasty warm to me.

Very sorry for the mishap and my response.

EDIT:

Oh man, my bad! Appears that was vandalism. Now I feel like an A-hole. Maybe I'll try logging on tonight if you need help putting that out.

Edited by Chuckpebble

We should have a vague idea when it was done and who was on the server at the time if the griefAlert plugin is working correctly.

Looks quite toasty warm to me.

Very sorry for the mishap and my response.

EDIT:

Oh man, my bad! Appears that was vandalism. Now I feel like an A-hole. Maybe I'll try logging on tonight if you need help putting that out.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest. Partially because I'm moving on to find somewhere to build a Boatmurdered replica, and because fields of half-burnt trees look quite nice in this game.

House on haunted hill is almost done.

Still need to do a lot of work on the maze :/ But I quickly loose my mind in there.

ok, bad news

I lost the record. Client crashed when I tried to listen to it.

We should have a vague idea when it was done and who was on the server at the time if the griefAlert plugin is working correctly.

I (Uguandou) started it accidentally. I couldn't clean it up because Minecraft crashed every time I got near the fires. EDIT: Or at least slowed to uselessness.