MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

I'm still at work and haven't had a chance to upgrade anything yet, sorry. I'll take a look tonight, though.

oh crap.. I've seen rumors that doors are broken again. this means I cannot enter my home anymore

oh crap.. I've seen rumors that doors are broken again. this means I cannot enter my home anymore

the_shining_heres_johnny.jpg

Okay, installed the upgrade and the unofficial Hey0 upgrade. Let me know how it's feeling.

I've been keeping an eye on the goings-on for the update and it appears that (from Shacknews):

Tracks now mostly work, except if you get going faster than you can load new chunks and run into an unloaded chunk. Or if you run into a cart on the track, you'll also stop. Unfortunately, it looks like having this first issue causes a copy of you body and the cart to get stuck there, even if you logout and reload. There are apparently two such copies already.

So keep a bucket of lava around because you can't destroy the carts with anything other than lava or TNT.

There's also:

For people who are wondering why they can't open chests / workbenches / keep getting kicked:

Don't right click with empty hands. This seems to be the main cause of these problems. You can open chests if you have something in your hands. If you are laying blocks and run out of blocks while you're holding the button down, you get booted with an "Internal server error".

I went on our server and built a small (like 8 tracks) track and a cart, it seemed to work fine. HOORAY

I've been keeping an eye on the goings-on for the update and it appears that (from Shacknews):

So keep a bucket of lava around because you can't destroy the carts with anything other than lava or TNT.

There's also:

I went on our server and built a small (like 8 tracks) track and a cart, it seemed to work fine. HOORAY

Any chance you used one of those lava buckets on the cart by the CC?

I have played around with mine carts on the server for a couple hours now. I think the time for my automated train system is not quite yet. On my test course, boosters behave differently depending on if there is a rider in the cart or not. I also am having difficulty getting a consistent loop going. A cart will make it around once, then on the second or third pass the booster will stop.

I rebuilt the community chest building, but I didn't have time to replant all the trees that burned, so feel free if you happen to have some saplings and spare time.

Mods & Texture packs!?

zomg... any recommendations?

The painterly pack is nice. You can also roll your own by selecting bits and pieces you like from a web form. There's also a 3D dot Game Heroes one that I've been meaning to get but haven't yet.

Then there's my personally edited vanilla texture that removes the grass from the sides of dirt blocks, changes glass to a simple 1 pixel frame and makes the cross hair into a smaller tri-wing thingy. I've used that the most.

I rebuilt the community chest building, but I didn't have time to replant all the trees that burned, so feel free if you happen to have some saplings and spare time.

Minecraft Monopoly Board - GO!

Any chance you used one of those lava buckets on the cart by the CC?

Nah, I was way out east working on my own stuff. From what jennoa said, fire won't burn unless someone is there, and it sounds like Jake warped back to the CC to get something. This arrival must have triggered the burning that was somehow started before the server was put back up. I think the first 3 people on after the update were me, jennoa, and Jake, and we weren't there.

On a side note, the infinite lava spring trick doesn't work anymore, so lava is finite. Water still works the same as it used to.

Man, someone's made an ambient occlusion mod as well. I like how that looks a lot.

Edit: Someone on the minecraft forum took a screenshot of the game with that above linked texture pack, and the ambient occlusion mod. Definitely a different look, which I'll be trying out tonight!

Edited by Jake

Man, someone's made an ambient occlusion mod as well. I like how that looks a lot.

Edit: Someone on the minecraft forum took a screenshot of the game with that above linked texture pack, and the ambient occlusion mod. Definitely a different look, which I'll be trying out tonight!

I'm not sure about the texture pack, but the AO looks quite nice.

so who burned down tabacco's house and all the trees between it and mine?

what are you talking about?

tabacco's house is still there and so are the trees

The lag introduced by the new server making mining really annoying

Is blocks reappearing randomly after breaking them a recent issue? Its quite a drag trying to shape the landscape to my liking when I have to break the same block as much as 3 times in a row.