Kolzig

Nintendo 3DS

I got to the final boss of Kingdom Hearts 1 but the only KH game I finished was Birth By Sleep on the PSP. This is a lot like how I have only finished the two handheld Assassin's Creed games.

Agreed with Roderick about KH though I'd extend it to the whole series. The story and characters are whatever (although seeing Disney characters doing stuff is fun) but the actual level traversal was always fun and you got to make gummi ships. Anyway, the demo of Kingdom Hearts DDD was really enjoyable but it was never less than £30 if it was for sale so I will never play it.

I damaged the charge port on my 3DS. It still charges fine, but I don't feel like it'll hold out forever. It costs a hundred and fifty bucks to have it repaired, and I'd lose any saved data on the system. Right now I feel like I should just see how it goes for a while, and eventually bite the bullet and just buy a new one when there's a deal on. At least that way I'd keep my data and get to pick a colour I like rather than getting stuck with another red one. Still, this sucks.

Not sure why you'd lose system data if you buy a new one, you should still be able to do a system data transfer if it's possible to charge the old one at all.

Since the battery is user removable, even if the old ones port is 100% dead, you could even charge the old battery on the new one, then swap it back in to get one last go for the system transfer.

Edit: oops, nevermind, misread your post. Yeah, there's no reason you'd lose data if buying a new one, I'd just wait and not bother repairing it.

For that price and proviso, it sounds like they're going to be replacing the entire inside, everything but the screens I'd assume. Once you get the new one and move data across, you might be able to sell the old one for parts to make up the difference.

I wish there was a console rental service that actually worked as it should, because I really want to rent a 3DS to play Bravely Default.

Man, this thing is nice.

VUe0p5r.jpg

I should probably get that. Despite not actually opening my 3ds for over a month I still carry it with me every day and a lot of the time I don't plug it in when I get home because the cable has fallen down behind the desk I charge it on and I don't care enough to fish it out. If I had this it'd be like having a bowl for keys or whatever by your door and when I got home I could just set my 3ds down and then pick it up when I leave.

I wish there was a console rental service that actually worked as it should, because I really want to rent a 3DS to play Bravely Default.

In Japan, they're going to offer the first four chapters of Bravely Default as a free download with the second four as a payable addition.

As someone who has finished Bravely Default, this is spectacular chutzpah.

As someone who has finished Bravely Default, this is spectacular chutzpah.

I don't regret completing the game but

they are rather setting themselves up to have people disappointed in the groundhog day nature of the back half, aren't they?

Capt. Hastings wants a 2ds so she can play Phoenix Wright versus Professor Layton. I haven't been paying attention to 3ds stuff because I didn't think we would ever buy one. My plan is to wait a month or two for a good promotion. Also it seems that a new(?) download only Phoenix Wright game has already come out? Oh and she fucking loved 3d picross on the DS, is pushmo similar? Does anything similar to Picross 3d benifit from the 3d functionality of the device?

There is a new Ace Attourney game, subtitled Duel Destinies. It's really good - amusing throughout and had a nice twist at the end which I genuinely didn't see coming. There's also amazing DLC where you have to defend a killer whale in court.

Pushmo isn't similar to 3D picross. There's picross e3 on the 3DS , but no 3D puzzles. The 3D for me is largely a fad, I never turn it on, but it does help in some games, like Starfox 3D. Pushmo kinda benifits to aim your jumps better, but that's about it.

I prefer the 3DS over the 2DS for it's clamshell design, and my big fat hands fit a 3DS XL better. The small 3DS's corners tends to dig into my hands.

Mostly going to echo N1njaSquirrel.  The latest Ace Attorney game, while not my favorite in the series, was still quite good and I felt actually looked pretty good with the 3D turned on.  Pushmo and picross are definitely not the same.  Pushmo is a puzzle game with some light platforming where you have to reach a goal (usually located at the top) by pushing/pulling different layers of a stage back and forth to create a path.  Picross is more like Sudoku where you have to figure out what an image is based on how many blocks are in a given row/column and what pattern those blocks are in.  That said, if she liked Picross she'll probably also like Pushmo.

One point I'm going to disagree with N1njaSquirrel on is the fit.  I also in general prefer the clamshell of the 3DS, but the 2DS actually fits my big hands better because you hold onto the entire body instead of just the bottom half.  But I don't think the tradeoff is worth it because those screens are tiny and the 3DS is much more portable.

I bought the first Ace Attorney game, fully intending to play all of them one by one, and never even bothered to finish the last case. I felt like I was forcing myself to play the game. The writing was average at best, and the gameplay was incredibly dull. ):

The first three Ace Attorney games are going to be getting an HD rerelease on the 3DS in a few months too.

I'll echo other people's thoughts on the 3d. I never used 3d on my 3ds and the the slider snapped off so I have no way of turning it on now, but it doesn't bother me.

The first three Ace Attorney games are going to be getting an HD rerelease on the 3DS in a few months too.

Please tell me they don't actually call it HD and that was just a slip of the tongue on your part.

I don't think it has HD in the title, I think it's just called the Ace Attorney Trilogy or something, but it is being marketed as higher definition as everything has been redrawn and is higher resolution which I'm fine with.

My 3DS broke three months ago, just randomly turned off after I started Dual Destinies and every time I booted it up after that the clock would be reset and it would turn off within 1-5 minutes. I wasn't going to pay for a new one and a repair looked expensive so I sold all my games which I'm kicking myself for now although I did double-down on my DS collection with the proceeds and that's a decent looking pile now I suppose. I found it yesterday and was annoying myself thinking about it again as there are a load of paid downloads on there when I decided fuck the warranty and took a screwdriver to it. Two things:

1) Removing the screws on the back doesn't actually void the warranty apparently, 

2) The millimetre or so that the battery can move in its slot is what caused my problem as proven by stuffing a small piece of paper in there to wedge the gap, it's been fine all day.

I'm both relieved and a wee bit raging. At one point I almost spent the flat £75 out of warranty fee for on a repair for that, and I've sold all my carts! Most I'd completed or had sitting unstarted for months so I can't feel too bad about it but the £9 copy of Ocarina I sold for £25 smarts and will be a kick in the wallet to replace. On the other hand I get to play Persona Q and Theatrhythm and Smash Bros and maybe Shin Megami Tensei if I didn't dream that it was coming to Europe. Oooh, Nintendo, I miss the days you made solid hardware. 

Anyway this is just me moaning but if you've read all this then it might be worth bearing in mind if you ever see the same, it seems to be a reasonably common occurence.

Oh my god SMTIV was announced for Europe and Australia, finally. September, apparently.

I totally forgot I owned that game.  I bought it when I first got my 3DS because there was a promo going on where if you bought SMTIV and Fire Emblem you'd get a $30 eshop voucher which essentially made SMT cost $10 since I already owned Fire Emblem and was planning on buying Animal Crossing.  I played it for a little bit and then stopped because I never really got into it, but I've launched it a couple times since to check on my streetpass stuff which gives me points for the gadget thing you have with apps.

Oh my god SMTIV was announced for Europe and Australia, finally. September, apparently.

whoop. i've been wating for that one for so damn long!

Is Inazuma Eleven a baby game or is it something a balding man in his 30s can play too? I like RPGs, football and Level 5 but I don't think I've ever met a person who's played one.

I have a friend who's thirty and loves it, and the TinyCartridge staff seem to love the series as a whole.