ysbreker

Minecraft

Also, because I made a lake before understanding how to do it properly, it's now become an excellent egg collector:

attachment.php?attachmentid=592&stc=1&d=1286398406

hahaha, that's amazing

this whole lava fountain/ infinite water/ easy obsidian thing is awesome. gonna finish the 2001 monolith now because not having the dimensions right was driving me nuts

Edited by a purple future

I wish doors would let water through when open, then we could make an automated obsidian factory (well the digging would still be manual of course)

I got myself trapped in a lava pit that I can't get out of, and as much as I wish it would, the game won't let me die. This game is too deep :(

I got myself trapped in a lava pit that I can't get out of, and as much as I wish it would, the game won't let me die. This game is too deep :(

type /home in the chat.

Who was the joker who filled my elevator with a column of lava yesterday? :( There was a column of lava from the floating island in the sky all the way to the bedrock. Took me one and a half full stacks of dirt to knock it out.

Was it you who also said that somebody's boat had been burned down too? I saw chatter last night about trees having been set on fire as well.

Nervous about building stuff now if someone's being a dick : (

Played a little bit of Minecraft on someone else's account today... made myself a nice little wooden shack and then vainly tried to climb up a mountainside to get coal. Took me about 15 minutes to mine 3-4 blocks of it... not a solid time investment.

Came out of my shack the next morning and there was a horrible green monster bouncing around, which scared the shit out of me. Luckily I had made a stone sword during the night, so I bravely fought it off, at which time it exploded and killed me. Respawned, can't find my shack. It's snowing and I'm cold and alone.

Can't decide if I love the game for that experience or hate it.

If I was to sink the (comparatively vast amount of, when buying FOOD is an issue) money into getting the game, would I be able to jump straight into the Idle Thumbs server without really understanding the game? As I said my greatest accomplishments so far are making a tiny wooden shack and a stone sword that only served to get me killed.

the only things you'd need to know would be

-you can't die on the server

-fire = bad

-don't wreck other peoples' buildings

-follow the "Congrats Nick" sign to the community storage where you should find stuff to get you started

everything else you'd pick up along the way

There is wood and wood related stuff at the tree farm (south east from the community chest). And there is reed, paper, books at the reed farm to the west (next to the cathedral). There's a public harbor with boats right in front of the chest. The rest is at the community chest. Those are the public stashed of stuff (unless noted otherwise with a sign).

Rules for the common stashes: take some, leave some. Or for the farms: please harvest some (and replant when needed) when you take some.

Do compass directions actually have meaning in Minecraft? I thought the compass you could build just pointed to the spawn point? Or is the spawn point universal, so we're calling that north?

I honestly don't even know HOW to harvest, or what one would do with reeds. Someone was asking others to build stuff inside a city, right? I'm probably capable of doing that slowly and incompetently.

Sun rises in the east and sets in the west and the clouds flow south to north. You can look at the map renders on the first page (the link in the first post). I don't think any of the render from October work yet though.

Do compass directions actually have meaning in Minecraft? I thought the compass you could build just pointed to the spawn point? Or is the spawn point universal, so we're calling that north?

compass points to /home

the command /compass gives direction you are facing

compass points to /home

the command /compass gives direction you are facing

My compass points to spawn.

My compass points to spawn.

This.

I've been mucking about in SSP lately, and haven't done much on our server in a few days now. New LoL champion has also been keeping me busy. I really need to get to work on my shitty city though.

Jesus F Christ

I started playing it yesterday, this is CRACK. MINECRACK.

In a server with some friends, I made this:

arvre.jpg

Still a lot of work, I made it in a couple of hours today...

So basically, a log sticking out of the ground will automatically sprout foliage over time or did you have to hide some dirt blocks in the structure and plant up until it caught?

10 minutes later someone set it on fire...

arvrefogo.jpg

I put dirt blocks on top and I planted like 30 trees around the top. I waited a couple of hours and voila.

Soon we'll be able to enjoy Shadow & Collosus: Back in Action on a ~40x17 large screen.

Soon we'll be able to enjoy Shadow & Collosus: Back in Action on a ~40x17 large screen.

Shadow and Calluses?

Are most of you guys using custom texture packs? It seems like some of them really make the game look much better and also make it easier to distinguish between different kinds of blocks, etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations for some texture packs to try?

Are most of you guys using custom texture packs? It seems like some of them really make the game look much better and also make it easier to distinguish between different kinds of blocks, etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations for some texture packs to try?

I've tried most of 'em, but I'm sticking with McGloomy's.

10 minutes later someone set it on fire...

Aww man, do you know who?

Kingz, your place is fantastic. Me and a friend explored it tonight, I accidentally destroyed a couple of boats earlier today but dropped a load more in the chest by the base of the lift tonight. Two questions:

How on earth did you find nearly 2000 diamonds? I take it you gave them to yourself with admin commands?

How long did it take you to coax grass all the way down to the bottom of the map? :tup: