ysbreker

Minecraft

I made the lava pizza with only 4 buckets of lava, the rest was simple reuse

Added minecraft.idlethumbs.net, but it's now waiting on Marek BM Bronstring to change the authoritative server for the domain over to me before it'll kick in. Feel free to keep trying and hoping in the meantime :)

Also, regarding keeping the server up, is the process dying or hanging? If it's dying, you might look into installing daemontools and using that to run the service. The big advantage is that it'll automatically restart as soon as the service terminates. If you're interested and want some help setting such a thing up, let me know.

http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html

Also also, if people would be interested in chipping in a little cash, I'm up for turning up and managing a VPS instance to run the server on.

Just bought Minecraft and tried to check out the server, but I keep timing out. Is the server down? Or am I doing something wrong?

Just bought Minecraft and tried to check out the server, but I keep timing out. Is the server down? Or am I doing something wrong?

I think it's down.

The server is down at the moment :( I'm waiting to hear from the support people where I rented the server from. As soon as I know more I'll let you all know.

Yeah, last night I was running around, mining my own business, and then I decided to go /home, but the server wouldn't teleport me. So I tried /spawn, and nothing. Then I disconnected and tried to connect and couldn't.

I am curious how long I had been digging and building while the client couldn't communicate with the server. It could've been a while.

Seriously, some really messed up griefing going on in this bitch. ;(

It hasn't been griefed, the map has corrupted.

community chest and the android's dungeon have been replaced by large column solid smooth stone. there is really no trace of it ever existing

other stuff I checked out was still there

I think patters did this; so he can charge us toll for passing through his castle

It seems with the latest restart we've got a corrupted world. Spawn has moved to patters ford. And the community chest center is gone. The oldest backup I've got is from October 5th. We can continue in this world and live with the corruption. Or we can start over on a new world and start fresh.

I'll make a poll.

can't we restore the broken parts of the world with the backup?

until there's a better solution, if you turn around 180 degrees from the new spawn and go over the small hill, there is a little dock with a chest full of boats. take a boat straight across the water to the old spawn. it's clunky but it's faster than swimming

I just reset the spawn back to the old place. I think we're good to go.