dpp

WTF is Telltale's new game?

I'm hoping for a turn-based rpg with card game mechanics. Think Heroes of Might and Magic mixed with Yu-gi-oh.

"Strong Bad, show me your moves !"

*Strong Bad draws a card*

*Strong Bad taps three Power cards*

*Strong Bad uses Fist of Angry Fury !*

*Tycho takes 10 points of damage and is stunned for 2 rounds*

*Strong Bad discards Fist of Angry Fury to the graveyard*

*End of Turn*

"You are strong but your form is weak, Tycho !"

"Powerful yes, but your rhetoric is of the cowardly sort !!!!"

"WHAT YOU ?!"

*Strong Bad draws a card*

*Strong Bad plays a power card*

*Strong Bad ends turn*

I'm hoping for a turn-based rpg with card game mechanics. Think Heroes of Might and Magic mixed with Yu-gi-oh.

I like that idea... something like Kingdom Hearts with characters from different sources, but using card-game mechanics. Chances of that happening: slim-to-none.

CARD GAMES ON MOTORBIKES! :B

Hmm, I'm pretty sure it's more likely to be something like that, I'd hate to say, but most gamers and nerds in general would be furious to see these characters in a poker game, but if it was Magic the Gathering like game? Now that I wouldn't mind playing!

Looks like a card game, but I hope it's something other than poker.

I guess I should note I'm not serious and don't actually expect a Super Smash Bros. clone.

Yes... I was running with the joke!

Also, as an aside, I love that brief snippet of music in the teaser.

I find the recent comments by Robin Walker in PC Gamer regarding the Sam & Max hat interesting. Apparently they wanted to see community reaction to mixing IPs. Was it a pilot to seeing if Valve would be called sellouts for letting TellTale use their IP?

I find the recent comments by Robin Walker in PC Gamer regarding the Sam & Max hat interesting. Apparently they wanted to see community reaction to mixing IPs. Was it a pilot to seeing if Valve would be called sellouts for letting TellTale use their IP?

Well it seems like they're going forward with using that method of rewarding pre-orders. Worms Reloaded offered a bunch of bonuses for the soldier. I like worms fine, but it was weird to see that even though I had no problem with the Sam & Max stuff. Although, I gotta type, If all the pre-order bonuses for games on Steam were just TF2 decorative items that I could easily ignore without losing gameplay, I'd be a happy camper!

The systems for mini games don't feel right in poker. Poker is more than the card game. Though I doubt it's straight Texas Hold 'em with the 3 cards being held, I don't think Telltale would be silly enough to make such a mistake.

If it is, then I wholeheartedly agree with Tanukitsune!

Although, I gotta type, If all the pre-order bonuses for games on Steam were just TF2 decorative items that I could easily ignore without losing gameplay, I'd be a happy camper!

Valve will never do otherwise. One could argue that the L4D2 baseball bat preorder bonus is an example of the bad sort of bonus, but it really is just a graphical replacement for other weapons. And everyone can use it if even only one person has it.

I'd apologize for going too far off-topic but it's not like we know what the hell this is about and we have no new info so OH WELLLLL.

Whatever game it ends up being, I hope the characters are used to their full potential.

Except that's impossible in crossover games. How can a character live up to it's full potential if at least a few are going to be stripped from the environment in which they exist in?

It's like hoping a crossover comic is going to be amazing. Although I have known of some guys to ejaculate in their pants for Infinite Crisis. These types of people should be kept in dark basements and not allowed to breed though.

Except that's impossible in crossover games. How can a character live up to it's full potential if at least a few are going to be stripped from the environment in which they exist in?

It's like hoping a crossover comic is going to be amazing. Although I have known of some guys to ejaculate in their pants for Infinite Crisis. These types of people should be kept in dark basements and not allowed to breed though.

Maybe I should have said 'Don't lose their personality' as it's closer to what I was thinking as I was typing out that reply than what I eventually came out with.

edit: Although really, only the Heavy is out of his element. Adventure game characters can conceivably get into just about any situation imaginable and not feel completely out of place.

Ah that makes sense. Yeah they'll probably all have their personalities intact, I would think. I really can't speak for how the Penny Arcade 20 something guy will act, but I'm sure the rest will be funny and outrageous in their own special ways.

Considering I'm only really a fan of Sam and Max out of these for a super long time now, I think I'm trying to cover up an empty sadness that might be appearing from Max appearing in a crossover game. :sad:

Ah that makes sense. Yeah they'll probably all have their personalities intact, I would think. I really can't speak for how the Penny Arcade 20 something guy will act, but I'm sure the rest will be funny and outrageous in their own special ways.

Considering I'm only really a fan of Sam and Max out of these for a super long time now, I think I'm trying to cover up an empty sadness that might be appearing from Max appearing in a crossover game. :sad:

Ah. I suppose I'd feel the same way if it were characters I was more attached to I'd have the same worry (Cate Archer as Cookin' Mama perhaps?). But I may also be keeping myself medicated on the idea that I mentioned before; these are adventure game characters (and a ridiculous Russian caricature soldier) so a cutscene or two with portals sucking them into a single room (or what have you) will be enough for me to enjoy them being together.

What?

MAX is evolving!

Congratulations! Your MAX evolved into MAXTHULHU!

It will be a four-player brawler where you beat up people that don't like adventure games.

Why would I need to play that? I lived it.

Adventure game types fighting people?!

All I get are the images of gangly and pale book nerds and old single women, myself included somewhere in that spectrum. I guess that would make a pretty hilarious game though.

They've made a tactical error in not announcing this game and putting it up for preorder on the same day that The Devil's Playhouse's DVD shipping became available. For the last couple of game series' DVDs, they announced other stuff on the same day. That meant that I ended up getting close enough to the 'Free Postage' threshold that I spent a little more on other merchandise in the store.

For instance, I bought The Devil's Playhouse in the same purchase as I ordered the DVD for ToMI and ended up upgrading to the pointless Deluxe Edition in order to get that free postage.

I received a 20% discount voucher a little while ago, so I've been waiting for a few more things to come out before I buy Puzzle Agent.

The more time passes, the more I allow myself to be fooled into the belief that the cards are a TRICK and there's really a lot more to this game than one might think.

D: D: D:

The more time passes, the more I allow myself to be fooled into the belief that the cards are a TRICK and there's really a lot more to this game than one might think.

Rain Man: The Video Game

You heard it here first.