toblix

BioShock Infinite

I'm really looking forward to the Bioshock infinite DLC...

SIKE

This franchise is so dead to me now

Which is weird as when i finished the game, i was looking forward to replaying it again someday. Hopefully on the PS4 as a 'game of the year edition' with shit hot graphical upgrades and all DLC included

But since then i've read and listened to so many people shit on this game that its majorly altered my view on it. And another massive factor is that since than i have played the (best) last (game) of (ever) us

After the DLC do you think we'll ever see Ken doing anything in video games again?

Haha he's writing the screen play for a remake of Logan's Run, so I guess there is a distinct possibility that we will not!

Yeah i heard that, maybe he's looking to move back into writing screenplays full time

Maybe even a Bioshock movie on the horizon.... one that might actually get made

As a non-American I was aware of America having bathrooms for "colored" people back in those days, but... they were "racist" to the Irish too? I was so baffled to find out it was true. I know this was probably all because they don't want you to feel bad when you start murdering everyone, but still. :|

Most of the Anglophone world discriminated against the Irish at sometime or another. It was a bad time to be a poor person and, as far as Britain and America were concerned, Ireland was a nation entirely of poor people. When I read in college about political cartoons depicting Mr. G. O'Rilla and Mr. O'Rangutan, I almost couldn't believe it.

Ireland-Cartoons-Punch-1861-12-14-244.jp

Jesus, the reality is even worse that I expected... So does that mean it was more classist than xenophobic?

Jesus, the reality is even worse that I expected... So does that mean it was more classist than xenophobic?

Yeah, it's pretty much both. The Irish were poor because they were lazy, lazy because they were stupid, stupid because they were primitive. It was the same logic used in India and Sub-Saharan Africa, so there was a racial argument being made, even laying aside various attempts to paint the Irishman as the "white Negro."

Oh man, I need to refill my decanter of vitriol. Thanks for the reminder.

I started this and I'm not really enjoying it. Why is the hook so horrifically gruesome? Why do my magic powers make people kill themselves?

My overriding impression is that I'm a maniac ripping out racists's necks, forcing them to suicide, stealing the oranges and lemonade from their cooling bodies and then snaffling said snacks with their corpse as a picnic table. Also, it's so very sunny.

I'm going to play some more to see Columbia, but I'm an hour in and I can't see myself finishing it. Maybe Elizabeth will change things.

Kens been facebooking and tweeting about an announcement in the coming hours, i guess a trailer for the DLC?

Check the internets tuesday at around 8AM est to see what I'm up to tomw. Hopefully, it won't involve a perp walk.

My prediction for tomorrow: Some people will be FURIOUS! Some people will be excited. Some people will be singer Robin Thicke.
Today NOT about Vita. I'm still working on the matchmaking of that deal, no promises whatsoever. Out of my hands. So vent your spleen now.
At 8 AM, Irrational Games will announce that I am Carlos Danger.

wait is like like in 10mins....

I've been deciding between investing in this or Skyrim for my next big game, now that I'm nearing the end of the thoroughly enjoyable Tomb Raider. I think Skyrim will win, but I was curious about how long this has taken people to finish on average? I don't mean crazy collectathon stuff though, just story and side-things.

i can't remember how long it took me... 12 hours maybe... google says 12-15

You should wait for the dlc, that second trailer looks HOT. What if its a detective story with adventure game style gameplay and NO SHOOTINGOMGWTFBBQ

i completely retract my 'This franchise is so dead to me' comment i made i few weeks ago

Edit: Reading through that eurogamer article says that you'll play as Elizabeth in the 3 DLC - 2nd part to Burial at sea

"She's not the tank that Booker is, and we'll see how all the story's coming together."

i guess there will still be lots of shooting then

will we get a portal style manipulate time and space power whilst playing as Liz?

Noir-ish story set in Rapture with Elizabeth as a playable character? Well that's a jumble of words that has certainly gotten me interested in this DLC.

Oh the Burial at Sea DLC looks awesome. Not way into the Clash in the Clouds trailer though. And, no, it's not due to the terrible name.  Bioshock's combat just isn't that exciting to trawl through what is presumably an arena type dealio.

Considering this burial at sea is presumably using a lot of new assets, i wonder if (after the second part is out) they'll release it as a stand alone title or a downloadable for the next gen consoles. a la far cry 3 blood dragon

i'd like that (to be honest i doubt i'll ever play unless this happens) i have planted the seed, i'm taking full credit if this happens

Hahaha! These announcements just cemented my opinion that Infinite and Irrational for that matter, are just a fucking joke at this point. Around the reveal of Infinite didn't they say that it would have nothing to do with Bio1? When I heard that you visit Rapture and then the laughable ending my first thought was how they were gonna make these creatively bankrupt DLC's and sadly I was right. I wonder how Ken Levine feels about his artistic integrity when shit like this happens to things he envisioned and co-created.

Clash in the Clouds looks like a pass. Something like Dunwall City Trials but without the great gameplay that sets Dishonored apart (and a cut above, imo).

Burial at Sea looks verrry interesting. This is exactly the kind of standalone storyline DLC that more games should embrace. Seeing the little sisters getting indoctrinated gave me chills. I only hope they breathe a bit more life into NPC interactions, as everything felt a bit cardboard in Infinite. Will Bioshock the 1st survive the lack of verisimilitude that exhuming all the NPCs will certainly threaten?

Described as a "love letter to the fans". They are giving the fans exactly what they want... only 5 years too late

What ever happened to the Infinite possibilities? Anywhere place can be visited at any time! So lets go back to Rapture

Maybe Rapture is just where the story begins and we will be treated to a rip roaring adventure across space and time, Elizabeth is involved after all. Perhaps the downfall of Rapture was instigated be some other time traveller

I'm now imagining a scooby doo style chase in and out of alternate dimensions

Hahaha! These announcements just cemented my opinion that Infinite and Irrational for that matter, are just a fucking joke at this point. Around the reveal of Infinite didn't they say that it would have nothing to do with Bio1? When I heard that you visit Rapture and then the laughable ending my first thought was how they were gonna make these creatively bankrupt DLC's and sadly I was right. I wonder how Ken Levine feels about his artistic integrity when shit like this happens to things he envisioned and co-created.

It would be pretty weird if they did admit "hey you visit rapture for like 30 seconds" when promoting the game.

I'm not going to look up the original quotes because I will tell you, I honestly don't care enough about this issue to do so. That said, I seem to recall Levine/Irrational saying that Infinite wouldn't build on Rapture's story. Both the inclusion of Rapture in Infinite and in this DLC seem to keep true to that message, because they're not iterating or continuing that plot as much as they are referencing it and making light of the parallel stories. I think it remains to be seen how "canon" this DLC will be in the story of Rapture.

I imagine it's some kind of alternate universe Rapture. I honestly don't care. I like the tone and love the setting, all that remains is execution.

I'm also slightly dubious that Levine had as much to do with this content as he did with the original game. Now that he's working on movie scripts and what have you.

Well this is certainly an interesting development. You can infer an awful lot from that trailer that doesn't quite fit in either Bioshock or Infinite. Or maybe it does, just not a road that was expected to be traveled.

Oh it's a parallel universe? That's OK then........... Can't wait for Bioshock: Infinite: System Shock Reboot: SWAT 5: Freedom Force vs the 83rd Reich. For people who actually believe Infinite had a good story/writing; With the Clash in the Clouds DLC Irrational just takes a huge shit on them and the game.

I don't think a combat arena to play with those mechanics is that bad. I can easily see people being disappointed that it isn't the DLC content they wanted. I enjoyed the combat, but I also agree that the combat's intersection with the story got a bit muddled. 

I didn't grab Dunwall City Trials until the Steam Sale.

Can't wait for Bioshock: Infinite: System Shock Reboot: SWAT 5: Freedom Force vs the 83rd Reich.

That sounds legit awesome to me.