Asembo

Minecraft

I've been playing Minecraft again a bit (hadn't played since 1.2 or something) and I got stuck in Nether without a Flint. Portal went out, how the hell do I get back? I wouldn't want to die, I have lots of stuff (yeah my own stupidity that I brought the stuff to Nether).

There is gravel in the nether, I think... You can tease a ghast to shoot a fireball at the portal too, maybe...

Thanks, I did find some gravel, but had gotten hopelessly lost by then :( so I killed myself. Strangely, when I went back there were two portals right next to each other.

Whoa. I had just completed my underwater glass railroad tunnel and was taking a test ride when I heard a horrible noise, like water rushing. I thought there was a leak and looked around. Then I realized it had started raining for the first time! Nice. But the rain is WAY too blue.

You should jump on the Thumbs server Erkki

Will do at some point once I've played some more SP. Haven't been there for months.

I saw a

spider jockey

earlier today. Didn't know about those, only saw it from afar at night and it was too risky to go closer. Thought maybe it was a bug :)

It may be an icy shithole, but godsdamnit, it took me 2 hours to pour that damn entrance and it's my icy shithole!

2011-05-29_094947.png

Fortress of Solitude? hehe

Ive been playing a little bit of it, making little hovels in my journeys but haven't really taken on anything big, I'd like to a giant...something, but it's so hard to plan out and get the scope required when you have to work so close to something, then walk all the way out to see it at a distance.

Much more respect to anyone who has made one in minecraft, and a lot more respect to ancient civilizations that actually accomplished this in real life.

someone has probably said this already.. is there a minecraft server where fellow thumbs build in harmony? :) oh and iv been playing scince last autumn/fall time :)

What, really? There's a thumbs dedicated server... It's been stickied in the "multiplayer networking thread" so head over there and get your minecraft on.

If that thing just steals blocks from anything you've created, it's be the best. Like it just walks up, takes your block and then walks off to it's lava pit, throws block in lava pit. Comes back...

Those things look amazing, and creepy as fuck.

Game design 101! 1: Post screenshot of new mob. 2: Read speculation. 3: Implement the cool stuff, pretend it was the plan all along.
at least you can make them stop teleporting by looking directly at them now.
Edited by Thompson

well notch has been experimenting with Npc villages anyways, those spike towers sound sick :)

The Endermen are peaceful. If you look straight at them, they freeze and look at you. When you look away again, they run fast. And teleport.

They run TOWARDS you, not away. So if you happen to look at one, do not look away.

(they stop being peaceful if you look straight at them)

Sound familiar?