Asembo

Minecraft

Liking it so far. Found a ravine, some endermen, haven't found a village yet. Do they appear in old worlds?

It seems the game has become easier -- food is easier to find and damage seems to be reduced? Or it could be just the regenerating health, but I was much less scared of monsters and was never close to dying when walking around at night. I like it.

Liking it so far. Found a ravine, some endermen, haven't found a village yet. Do they appear in old worlds?

It seems the game has become easier -- food is easier to find and damage seems to be reduced? Or it could be just the regenerating health, but I was much less scared of monsters and was never close to dying when walking around at night. I like it.

There are certain toggles so that villages and some of the new biomes don't gen in old worlds.

On that note, the seed "What Will You Give Me" sans quotations, has some wonderfully weird mountains.

I'd be a stupidly happy person if Minecraft supported the moon and the aether by default along with the nether. The world would be so much more weird and interesting feeling to me.

In the future, it'd be amazing if the moon was a mario galaxy type thing of being a physical land mass in the sky that would pass over at night. Then we could build an elevator high enough to get suck in by its gravity!

Just thought I'd share the little mushroom fortress/town I made in a swamp.

m5XYm.jpg

XQGXi.jpg

ISAom.jpg

P3eBj.jpg

The Foodspire and the mineshaft aren't done yet, and I'm not sure if I'll keep the glass panes in the shaft (they'd look really terrible on default textures) but it's 5 in the morning so even Minecraft must be interrupted.

Within an hour of my starting this, two people took up residence on either edge of the swamp and started their own stilt houses. One on mushrooms and one in the trees. I'm a trend setter! :grin:

Just thought I'd share the little mushroom fortress/town I made in a swamp.

jesus christ it's barely come out do you ever sleep

jesus christ it's barely come out do you ever sleep

Haha, it came out Friday, and this only took me about three hours last night. I had been playing League of Legends before that. I've gotten considerably more expedient over the last year and a half or whatever of Minecraft. Once upon a time this probably would have taken me a good seven or eight hours. (But no, Subbes, I don't sleep. :violin:)

Purple, what do you mean? I'm using a texture pack so that could be influencing it with different water and block textures, but I'm not sure what you're getting at.

no i mean remember how when you used to dive underwater and there would be like some kind of texture over the screen that made it hard to see? i think that's gone?? and now there's bubbles? were those always there?

all i'm saying is something seems different about it

no i mean remember how when you used to dive underwater and there would be like some kind of texture over the screen that made it hard to see? i think that's gone?? and now there's bubbles? were those always there?

all i'm saying is something seems different about it

Oh, yeah! No, that's totally gone. I imagine partly because now at depths beyond ~7 blocks, it gets pitch black underwater.

1.8 is out? Is that why Twitter is down?

It is. Servers have been intermittent most of the day. If you messed with the pre-release, make sure to nuke your .bin file before updating. If you didn't just go ahead and update normally.

I enjoyed being stranded on an island with other small islands in view. I hurriedly crafted a boat and went in search of one big enough to have coal. But ended up not finding sheep before dark so I'm in a box of dirt on a small island waiting out the night.

It is. Servers have been intermittent most of the day. If you messed with the pre-release, make sure to nuke your .bin file before updating. If you didn't just go ahead and update normally.

I did try the pre-release and updated to 1.8 release as well. Nothing wrong so far, but should I be worried? Or what should I do, still nuke the .bin file?

I did try the pre-release and updated to 1.8 release as well. Nothing wrong so far, but should I be worried? Or what should I do, still nuke the .bin file?

The only current problem I know of, updating from Pre-Release 1.8 to Release 1.8 is that you time-out connecting to multiplayer servers. There could be other things that I'm not aware of.

I think I'll try one of those Robinsone Crusoecraft worlds.

So the "unicorn" map was pretty interesting at first. I'm playing it permadeath. There's one tree on the island you start at, so that was enough to make some tools and plant new trees for a boat. I dug under the island a bit and found iron and coal. During the night, there came a skeleton, a zombie and a creeper. I had to eat the rotten meat of the zombie to make survival easier. The next day I made a boat (one tree grew from the sapling I planted), picked a direction and went looking for land. Eventually I found it, and where I landed was a lava pool (what's with all these lava pools on the ground?) and a chasm near which I made a home. Turned out there was an abandoned mine there as well. It was night, and I was really hungry. Was attacked by a skeleton near morning, and only one heart left. I went looking for food and found A LOT of cows. I was saved!

But from this point on, the survival aspect kind of disappeared, as I now have lots of resources available all around me.

But from this point on, the survival aspect kind of disappeared, as I now have lots of resources available all around me.
That's the problem with minecraft survival. Too quickly you ramp out of that awesome feeling of being helpless to being filthy rich. I need to find another way to play it.

Poor thing:

attachment.php?attachmentid=747&stc=1&d=1316269881

Part of the old mine lead to this cave that takes in seawater. Some squids were stuck in there.

post-74-13375603462992_thumb.png

attachment.php?attachmentid=748&stc=1&d=1316286974

I died building this lighthouse :(

I think I've discovered permadeath isn't for me, because I'd like to keep playing.

post-74-13375603465029_thumb.png

The problem with permadeath Minecraft is that, unless you're playing purely for exploration's sake, then it is far too frustrating losing your creations. Especially mid-construction.

The exception might be if you did a sort of community-based thing where when you die, you pass the world on to someone else, and they get to see past constructions just sitting there, never to be finished. That might be neat. X:

EDIT: Might also be neat if there was also a mod built in to this community permadeath world that spawned a gravestone or something wherever you die.