Asembo

Minecraft

Are they trying to steal some thunder from the hotly anticipated release of Star Fox 64 3D coming a day later? Those are some underhanded tactics.

I'm pretty happy to see that the Bukkit team is submitting pre-release bug reports on 1.8 - those guys are pretty on the ball as far as testing goes.

yeah that made me happy too, as well as the fact that it addresses all the bug testing discussion we had.

have to say, i'm a little bummed that there will be npc villages but no npcs, and experience points but no reason for them to be there in 1.8. Jens also said that 1.8 worlds will have to be regenerated to have 1.9 features. :shifty:

yeah that made me happy too, as well as the fact that it addresses all the bug testing discussion we had.

have to say, i'm a little bummed that there will be npc villages but no npcs, and experience points but no reason for them to be there in 1.8. Jens also said that 1.8 worlds will have to be regenerated to have 1.9 features. :shifty:

Well, assuming people jump back on idlemc.com for 1.8 and 1.9, that suits our world reset schedule anyway.

very good point. we'll have to take a look at the features that ARE in 1.8 and have a discussion about what settings we want to go for. I think it's probably pretty unanimous that there should be mobs what with new combat and all.

I think it's probably pretty unanimous that there should be mobs what with new combat and all.

Not from me, but if that's what people want, I'm fine with it. I like building stuff, and that's 500% more fun and relaxing with mobs off.

Yeah I'm fine to leave the mobs to single player. 1.8's ability to allow players individual "creative mode" access looks promising. No need for mods to grant items, and fly.

I'm not sure yet. I'd like mobs, but not when I have to fence half the world and light up the place to secure areas.

It would be great if you could be able to clear areas from respawning mobs.

I'd be a stupidly happy person if Minecraft supported the moon and the aether by default along with the nether. The world would be so much more weird and interesting feeling to me.

aerther would be awesome, but the moon was boring. That other mod with the windmils was great

cows drop a fuckload of beef when you kill them now. even better: it stacks

the new lighting looks awesome when the sun is setting

squids do not drop calamari.

the biome generation seems much more logical and less scattershot

right clicking blocks

chickens can now be cooked and eaten

health regenerates even on normal (i'm assuming in relation to full hunger?)

XP doesn't actually do anything

you have to hold down RMB to eat and it takes a second or so

I think I read/heard that health regenerates to half full on easy, and not at all on hard? Or something like that.

Health regenerates only when your hunger/stamina is full. I don't know if there's an upper limit on other difficulties (which would be stupid) but it comes back to full after about a minute on Normal.

Sprinting and jumping cost stamina, but the jumping cost is. . .negligible I guess. I have yet to jump enough to cause any issues. Jumping while attacking crits, charging and hitting something with sprint knocks it back 8-ish blocks.

Abandoned mineshafts have brought my fear of Minecraft back. I'm still not terribly frightened of above-ground currently (Endermen don't work properly in SMP currently, unresponsive to the cursor) but mineshafts are freakishly expansive and fulled with untold creepers and blue spiders. Found three diamonds in chests though. Worth it. Also an excellent way to get minecart tracks. Have almost five stacks from two mineshafts.

Haven't found a gorge/canyon yet, aboveground or otherwise.

The new bow combat is incredibly satisfying. Things don't even aggro on you if you hit them from far enough away, lending to easy gunpowder farm from creepers in the morning.

NPC towns are neat, and we've commandeered one for our spawns. Pretty cool, if a bit. . .ugly in places. The roads appear to automatically be gravel, and that's really, really hideous.

Loving it so far.

Interesting chunk error result, makes me think of an old railroad through the side of a cliff:

th_MCTrain.png

holy crap, try using the seed "unicorn"

it started me on an island surrounded by insanely deep waters and there is literally zero land in sight around it

1.8 is awesome so far, i'm sorry i complained

update: i just sailed 2 kilometers in one direction, not one scrap of land. if this isn't a bug and is something that occasionally happens, it's amazing. instant survival island.

holy crap, try using the seed "unicorn"

it started me on an island surrounded by insanely deep waters and there is literally zero land in sight around it

1.8 is awesome so far, i'm sorry i complained

Other seeds in this vein:

Phaeton

Both are very slim on land, but many of the immediate (well I say immediate, bring a damn boat) islands have fun secrets.

hah yeah Phaeton is rad too. man i hope this is a legitimate part of the new biome code and not some random bug because i love this stuff. Robinson Crusoecraft

these mountains and ravines and mineshafts and rivers are insane. the game hasn't generated landscapes this wacky since around this time last year.

i'm just walking around and BAM there's a pillar of stone reaching into the clouds with a huge waterfall coming off of it. then i found a ravine making an X shape with a mineshaft. totally surreal

awesome, can't wait to play this on idlemc

what's the ETA of 1.8? still 11.11.11.11.11?

awesome, can't wait to play this on idlemc

what's the ETA of 1.8? still 11.11.11.11.11?

11.11.11 is the full release date, supposedly.

1.8 is now 1.8 and 1.9, and was supposed to be Thursday. It's slated for Monday now. Wouldn't be surprised if that changes.

so 1.8.1 on Tuesday, and 1.8.2 on Wednesday. So Thursday will be the reroll of idlemc?