Asembo

Minecraft

Yeah, anyone that comes over from Mongbat (a guild in which I is a member) won't be a griefing expletive here.

I do need to get back to MC, though.

Those booster track segments are something that would never occur to me as possible. Wtf. Why would they boost and how is this a thing?

I think it's a bug, though not sure. Somewhy the minecarts push each other when they touch like that. That design is neat though, I tried to do a booster track with a powered cart in an infinite loop, but it required ridiculously precise timing to work. This works much better.

I think it's a bug, though not sure. Somewhy the minecarts push each other when they touch like that. That design is neat though, I tried to do a booster track with a powered cart in an infinite loop, but it required ridiculously precise timing to work. This works much better.

The wackiest part of it is that the booster cart doesn't even have to be moving for it to boost. Neat, useful bug as far as bugs go.

I wonder how much of the behavior used by various people are bugs and will be fixed by the boopdate.

Anyway, properly working redstone, switches, door and minecarts will be awesome.

I experimented with this automated station thing. It's quite hard to get right if you make any modifications to the designs in those videos. The booster part pretty much has to be that long, otherwise the cart will slow down really quickly as it gets to the station. Also, the turns are hard to get right if you have a somewhat different layout in mind. Sometimes an inperfect track switch seems to slow down the cart as well.

[edit] Yay! managed to build a station with the empty-cart-returns feature, but it took 3 boosters to compensate for speed loss in turns.

Edited by Erkki

I'm guessing all these bugs will be replaced by actual stuff like accelerator tiles.

i hope so. if not, they better not get "fixed" until then. i just tried one out and got it powerful enough to carry up a 30-block incline mountain and go 300 or so tiles. i did it by making a double booster.

obviously the middle track is the one you ride on

post-2506-13375603276143_thumb.png

i hope so. if not, they better not get "fixed" until then. i just tried one out and got it powerful enough to carry up a 30-block incline mountain and go 300 or so tiles.

Straight up (45 degrees?) or one level up after every two blocks? (22,5 degrees I guess)

I also managed to get pretty high and far but by putting another small booster midway up a mountainside.

I think I'm not going to muck about with complex stuff like minecart boosters or redstone logic gates any more, though. At least not before they become available as single craftable blocks. It's just too much messing about getting all the blocks right.

Straight up (45 degrees?) or one level up after every two blocks? (22,5 degrees I guess)

I also managed to get pretty high and far but by putting another small booster midway up a mountainside.

I think I'm not going to muck about with complex stuff like minecart boosters or redstone logic gates any more, though. At least not before they become available as single craftable blocks. It's just too much messing about getting all the blocks right.

nope, pretty much 45 degree angle. elevation doesn't seem to factor into the momentum (as long as you're under the boost power, not gravity momentum), it seems to be more of a distance thing? gonna play around with it some more later

actually, here you go. there's a 3 block flat part midway up but for the most part it's a straight 45 degree incline. takes it like it's nothing.

edit: i went back and worked on the track. added about 1500 track pieces, going around corners, up and over mountains, underground and on and on. never needed another boost after that first "dick" booster. this is really fascinating to me.

post-2506-1337560327681_thumb.png

Edited by a purple future

Can you experiment with that more? Does it make any difference if you only use one booster?

Also, I have to stop goofing off at the surface and go spelunking for some iron, I'm way overdue on this whole minecart thing.

okay i did a test. i have a very long track (takes about 2 minutes to run). i went the direction that has the mountain at the very end. with one booster it got all the way to the mountain and ran out of power halfway up. with two boosters it went clear over.

so yeah it seems to make a difference, but maybe only over long distances?

Awesome!

Now what happens when you go the wrong way through a booster? The reason I ask is because I'm planning to use one facing in each direction in the same track section. Does it slow you down?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I have no Iron yet as I've been too busy making sweet hideouts to go too far below sea level. I guess I'm kinda putting the cart before the horse as I've already built a lengthy bridge connecting two places together with the intention of tracking it later.

Now what happens when you go the wrong way through a booster? The reason I ask is because I'm planning to use one facing in each direction in the same track section. Does it slow you down?
This vid has a track layout at one point that shows how to make a section of track with two boosters in opposite directions.

gPls6LXlkGI

Yeah, i saw this, he's got good stuff.

I'm guessing then that this setup is out of necessity as using one piece of track with a booster in each direction would be much simpler.

I just don't like the whole south west rule thing. Its so jenky and I wish to avoid it. Guess I'll be widening my bridge/tunnel system to accommodate 2 tracks then.

Yeah, i saw this, he's got good stuff.

I'm guessing then that this setup is out of necessity as using one piece of track with a booster in each direction would be much simpler.

I just don't like the whole south west rule thing. Its so jenky and I wish to avoid it. Guess I'll be widening my bridge/tunnel system to accommodate 2 tracks then.

You don't need the south/west rule, but of course without it the tracks might have to be more complex.

This is gonna make me look really dumb...BUT....can you move your spawn in single player?

No. Actually yes, but you have to open the world files in a hex editor and do some crazy stuff of that ilk.

MNxcxnKYPOc

That just makes me realize how god damn amazing Bioshock's soundtrack is.

No. Actually yes, but you have to open the world files in a hex editor and do some crazy stuff of that ilk.

Or you could use this program to do that, and A LOT of other crazy stuff.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vgpkf8nnyvvak4t

Edited by Thompson