Jake

The Idle Thumbs Podcast Episode 10: Nasty/Good/Badass

Sup.

Nasty/Good/Badass

Though the above choices may seem limiting, we feel they'll be sufficient. Also discussed: space marines, branching narratives, childhood and the human condition. With special guest Sean Vanaman.

Games Discussed: Limbo, Alien Swarm, Dead Space 2, Rayman: Origins, Moonbase Alpha, Transformice, The Adventures of WIlly Beamish, Alpha Protocol, Mass Effect, Dragon Age 2, Far Cry 2, Rock Band 3, The New York Times Crosswords

minipod_itunes.png

minipod_rss.png

I'll listen right now. Or in 21 minutes when the download is complete.

But... what.... It hasn't even been a month since the last one! I'm confused.

Yaay! Sean 'Famous' Vanaman is surely my favourite special guest.

I will receive this podcast into my ears to be processed by my brain and maybe, if I hit my head into hard objects often enough, it'll shortcircuit my auditory and visual cortex around allowing me to see sound. I will be able to watch the podcast. It'll be glorious. :clap:

So you remember the toupeed necro-flyer, but not the introduction of the Digital Cheese Plate? They're (quite coincidentally) from the same episode! For shame.

Predictions for Snooglebums:

Gaynor GOTY

All of the moonbase alpha shit

Nasty/Good/Badass

Hearing Chris talking about being a useless robot man made me roar with laughter

Hmm... I haven't been here in awhile.

Is there another way I can get these podcasts other than iTunes?

Moonbase Alpha seems pretty sweet!

Holy shit, that video is amazing. :clap:

Hmm... I haven't been here in awhile.

Is there another way I can get these podcasts other than iTunes?

Front page, left panel.

Yaay! Sean 'Famous' Vanaman is surely my favourite special guest.

Can't we just go ahead and make him a permanent member of the cast? Not that he has a choice or anything, and I don't think anyone here will oppose.

Steve liking the games that have a realism over bullets in a clip reminds me of hl1 ww1 mod I played called The Trenches. This game was nuts for that kinda thing if you shot 6/10 bullets (bolt action enfield rifle) and reloaded, the animation would play of 4 bullets being loaded individually by hand but if you fired 5 or 10 rounds he used the charger clip.but if you shot 9 bullets instead of just dumping that one bullet you would load 4 bullets then place the clip in. So choosing when to reload had a massive effect on game play. Also this game was just generally nuts (amazing) as mouse1 was bound to fire and mouse2 worked the bolt on your rifle.

Out of anyone I've talked to only 1 or 2 other people would enjoy sitting in the rain in a trench waiting for the other team to make a move or for someone to blow a whistle to go over the top. We need more ww1 games/mods but I think I'm in a minority for liking the time period.

"Max pistol, Max shotgun, Max body-armor, Max Ides"

Best Max Ides tv ad ever

Good episode this week guys, thanks. Famous is a great guest, you should ask him to stay.

Also, I was thoroughly disappointed you didn't attempt to explore Max Ides: The Origins of Darkness; Blue Moon Rising. I guess I'll have to work on a script for the reveal trailer sometime soon.

Can't we just go ahead and make him a permanent member of the cast? Not that he has a choice or anything, and I don't think anyone here will oppose.

Oh I beg to differ, he'll never replace Nick or Scoops, so he'll stay a guest over my dead body.

If you want to replace him with Jake, however, I have no problems with that. :shifty:

Will listen to the episode on the plane, Thanks Thumbs!

If you want to replace him with Jake, however, I have no problems with that. :shifty:

Oh man, that would be awesome. Chris Remo, Jake Rodkin and Steve Gaynor with special guest Sean "Famous" Vanaman Jake Rodkin! Two times the Jake two times the power.

I feel like there might be some crossover power between the illbleed trailer and the max ides trailer. "Maximum Ides! Maximum Bleeding! His enemies will shit with fear, once a month. 'I played this game on a non-ide and my PS3 locked up! Would play again!' -IGN.com This winter three days will mean certain death. MAX IDES. Pre-order at GameStop for an exclusive pin up girl calendar unlock, only at GameStop!"

Edit: Sorry, Sombre.

Edited by CaptainFish

Can we please be careful with Max Ideas? It's already reaching Wizard levels of oversaturation.