Squid Division

Unnecessary Comical Picture Thread

How did we get to this from pictures of girls dressed as Link kissing each other?

A more salient question may be: How did we get to pictures of girls dressed as Link kissing each other from "Unnecessary Comical Picture Thread"?

Haha. That streaker video isn't bad. I'm actually impressed how unfazed everyone is. The weather guy offering his clipboard to the naked dude to cover himself up with is classic.

How did we get to this from pictures of girls dressed as Link kissing each other?

I do not endorse either. We ought to be classier, people!

I have always liked that Thumbs isn't that kind of gaming forum.

Agreed, that's why I came here.

Hey, I was touching myself to those female Links ironically :eyebrow:

:blink:

sexism comic

That's depressing. But only in that it exaggerates it to happen every single time when I have personally observed it to happen differently at least once.

:tmeh:

The Day Today was scarily prescient. It resembles so much of the TV news we now have. Only a matter of time before we here the BBC declare "the rain will bitch down".

hmpf... my wlan ssid is "Setec Astronomy", way more obscure

But wait! That sexism comic failed to account for one important variable: people who aren't idiots.

Absolutely dude, what internet have you been frequenting all these years?

Apparently I've been successful in avoiding those parts of the internets.

Or... maybe I'm part of it and I don't know it. :blink:

That comic also suggests that everyone on the internet uses "sexist" incorrectly, which is quite accurate.

Here's the best remaining picture of my ex-housemate who did regional weather and news:

http://web.archive.org/web/20090806231202/http://www.geocities.com/cbangliaeastbabes/tn_carlaprater_003.jpg

and a thread dedicated to her friend Wendy: http://currentbuns.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=weatpics&thread=1295&page=1

http://img214.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=88286_wendy_050809_002_122_1095lo.JPG

They used to have proper fan pages dedicated to them on geocities, but they're gone now :(

That comic is an accurate account of something that actually happened, with the Comic-Making Lady in the comic being Kate Beaton. Some guy with a blog tweeted at her that her comics were so good he'd marry her or something like that, and she replied more or less like she does in the comic. Then the guy got all indignant and made a blog post and the rest is history.

That does happen a lot, it just doesn't happen very much in this particular friendly little corner of the internet, and I am glad. Generally guys act like if you don't take a compliment well, even if it's based entirely on your looks/fuckability as opposed to actual accomplishments, then you are a stuck-up bitch.

Also btw that comic is done by a guy so the fact that it's a generalization is self-evident. Obviously there are men and women on both sides of the issue, and the women who are like HA HA WHAT A HYSTERICAL BITCH, I AM SO GLAD I'M NOT LIKE OTHER WOMEN AM I RITE GUISE are the worst. The worst.

ugh... feminists (yes, a bit of a generalization)