Squid Division

Unnecessary Comical Picture Thread

We're swiftly approaching "There is a god!" territory. . .

And people say Rule 34 is a bad thing...

I am also feeling quite confused now.

I am also feeling quite confused now.

You mean:

2043%20-%20cosplay%20girls%20guy%20link%20zelda.jpg

So was I, Dan, so was I. But one day you have to face it - SEGA got furry.

Girl Link > Girl furry

Though I wouldn't be particularly picky, depending on the specimen before me.

Still, Girl Link. Could all the ladies on this forum dress up as Link? Is that a thing I can ask, or am I crossing this boundary? :davidbrent:

Still, Girl Link. Could all the ladies on this forum dress up as Link? Is that a thing I can ask, or am I crossing this boundary? :davidbrent:

I think you can ask that, but in return they get to ask us to dress up as... well who knows? Samus perhaps. Samus from Other M!

I reeeaaaallly don't understand the appeal of the poptart cat. Can someone explain it to me? I look at it and it seems entirely plausible that it has been cynically engineered to appeal to the internet, to prove some point about how predictable the internet is.

It's cute, it's got a catchy earworm, and it's very very repetitive. At least, that's why I like it.

Pop fact! Nyancat (or poptart cat) is just one of the San-X range of nyan nyan nyanko, kittens who like to disguise themselves as other things (usually food). The nyanko line has been going for over 10 years now! I have a bunch of other nyanko (mostly cellphone charms, plus a couple of fridge magnets, and these delightful charms) but never did get one of poptart cat.

(AKA I LIKED NYANS BEFORE THEY WERE COOL, I ARE NYAN HIPSTER.)

5FGN

The Norway weatherman is funny, but the Netherlands have something more depressing. Our weather report looks like this:

PPweer1.jpg

No joke! This is Piet Paulusma, a commercial netwerk weatherman very popular here. He has managed to make the weather report into a cultural festival filled with slice of life stories and capped off with his trademark catchphrase 'Oant moarn', which is Frysian for 'See you tomorrow, fuckers!'. Every day he's somewhere else in the country reporting the weather, possibly surrounded by clowns, and then there's a group of school children (or adults with the mental capacity of school children) who all shout 'oant moarn!' along with him.

I need to clarify that this is not a children's weather report, this is an actual adult weather report for grown-ups.

I reeeaaaallly don't understand the appeal of the poptart cat. Can someone explain it to me? I look at it and it seems entirely plausible that it has been cynically engineered to appeal to the internet, to prove some point about how predictable the internet is.

He's a cat with a pop-tart for a torso that flies through space and leaves a trail of rainbows. What's not to like?

The Norway weatherman is funny, but the Netherlands have something more depressing. Our weather report looks like this:

PPweer1.jpg

No joke! This is Piet Paulusma, a commercial netwerk weatherman very popular here. He has managed to make the weather report into a cultural festival filled with slice of life stories and capped off with his trademark catchphrase 'Oant moarn', which is Frysian for 'See you tomorrow, fuckers!'. Every day he's somewhere else in the country reporting the weather, possibly surrounded by clowns, and then there's a group of school children (or adults with the mental capacity of school children) who all shout 'oant moarn!' along with him.

I need to clarify that this is not a children's weather report, this is an actual adult weather report for grown-ups.

erwinkrol.jpg

Ahum. 20 Times more legit than Piet Paulusma. For non-Dutch individuals, that'd be Erwin Kroll. Actual weatherman and meteorologist.

Oh please.

5475.jpg

Finnish meteorologist Pekka Pouta (Pouta = dry weather) at Tuska.

It wasn't always smoking hot weather girls for the UK:

michael+fish.jpg

There was also this guy on daytime TV, who would run around a giant floating map of the British Isles, and jump from Wales to Ireland to boot. The only video I can find is him being interrupted by a streaker:

K-_TXUF-5mA