JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

I haven't played the new tables yet. But just because I didn't like the physics (the weird stuff going one once in a while), doesn't mean that they're not pinball tables I'd like to play.

When you made the comment before, I thought you were talking about the general unrealistic physics of the game ( which is a complaint that a lot of people can't seem to get past). I guess I mistakenly conflated the problems I had heard other people have with your own. 

Some of my favorite tables are in this bundle. I love the X-men table because of things like the Phoenix/Cyclops mission and it just feels like a the mechanics reflect the fiction really well. The Blob mission is awesome too. And I have a soft-spot for Moon Knight which is such a weird table. I've played so much Moon Knight just because of how odd it is. The voice acting for Khonshu just gets me. 

I haven't played Doctor Strange or Deadpool yet. Shame that the Walking Dead table isn't included (I haven't tried that yet), but Excalibur is. Exclaibur is so satisfying to do well on.

Well, the physics are unrealistic in most tables. But what bugs me the most is the auto aim like things that go off quite a lot. Balls sticking to routes or even being partially redirected. In physical tables these tricks can be done via magnets, but in those cases it feels like magnets. In FX it feels just weird and distracting. Either way, unrealistic physics or not, it's still fun to play. And much cheaper than the very realistic Pinball Arcade tables.

One thing that bugs the shit out of me is how the ball will roll up your flipper and then just lose all its momentum when it gets to the tip.

I'm rather tempted to get Sniper Elite III, but it's just 50% off.

Two words for you: Testiclular Explosion

I've been considering buying it as well.

Sold! It's gotta be better than the zombie ones that are barely sniper games any more. 

EDIT: Sniper Elite III is cheaper on the PSN Black Friday sale, but it seems wrong to play on a PS3. 

Woah, has anybody heard of this Styx game on the daily Steam deals? It's stealth game with a... goblin? Sounds good!

Also, Spore is super cheap, is it worth it?

Woah, has anybody heard of this Styx game on the daily Steam deals? It's stealth game with a... goblin? Sounds good!

Also, Spore is super cheap, is it worth it?

There's a thread about Styx. Several people seemed to enjoy it.

That would be a hell of a deal if there was anything in their store that was worth playing that I didn't already own.  Dammit.

Yes it is, I think I paid about $100 each for my 840 EV0 120GB drives a year and a half ago.

I really, really want to like The Last Express.  Bought it the last time it was super cheap.  And yet I bounce so hard off it. 

I really, really want to like The Last Express.  Bought it the last time it was super cheap.  And yet I bounce so hard off it. 

Any particular reason(s)? I gave in to a walk-through pretty quickly, but it has been long enough since I've played it that I'm interested in going back to it and just exploring the spaces again.

I felt really frustrated at what seemed like a lot of trial, error and guesswork in deciding what to do.  Plus I just felt completely lost, and not in the good way that some games pull off.  Just lost and directionless without an impetus to figure out what to do.

I've tried it...I think three times now, and gave up less than an hour in each time, so I may not have given it a fair shake. 

it is certainly an interesting premise - cash in your cards that would normally go to badges to the gems - put the gems up for bid on a game 

with some easy calculations you could figure out the value of all your cards on market VS gems & either buy a desired game outright with wallet cash - or hypothetically get it on the cheap with these bids

on a macro scale though i think steam is full of too many crazies that will buy up cards or pool gems to high-bid what would normally be a "steal".  that summer camp board game mini-game was a good indication of how crazy people get pushing card prices x4-5 normal selling rate

I wonder what is prompting this attempt to liquidate cards,

The badge system is silly, but appeals to some & to get the other half of your cards need to buy through their market (valve cut) - it makes stuff you can sell on their market (valve cut)

And in the FAQ after this auction trick is over the gems can be turned back into booster packs to get your cards back (not sure on the return though)

Very weird, why cant they have a normal sale any more.  Mark things down, buy, enjoy - even the summer model with treasure chest TF2 hat a few years back was neat - buy on sale games, play a bit for achievo, more achievos = neater hat.

It's temporarily disabled due to some glitch. But damn are the evil geniuses at Valve brilliant. People are going nuts buying all the super cheap stuff on the Market to stock up on cheap items to turn into gems. It's clearing out all the trash that's been accumulating in the Steam economy for the last couple of years.