JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Trading is a massive pain in the ass.  Buying and selling couldn't be faster and easier.

I have a few friends who are trade offer friendly. Steam shows you what cards you're missing and what friends have those cards. You can make them an offer and they can make you a counteroffer based on what they see in your inventory. It works out okay, as long as both parties are flexible and patient with each other's timeshifted prioritizing.

So, weird YMMV deal but if you happened to have bought Saints Row 3 on Amazon a while ago, you may have a promo credit for the purchase of Saints Row 4. SR4 is price matched on Amazon for $10 and the promo credit is for $5, putting the game at $5 if you're lucky.

If you think you may have the credit, you can click the buy and download button and there should be a confirm checkout screen that would read $5 total if you do indeed have the promo credit. Game is Steamworks enabled and activates on Steam - 

http://www.amazon.com/Saints-Row-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00BQHQPSM

Everyone should buy battle block theater and play with a friend. It's incredibly well designed and makes you feel smart like a puzzle game at times.

Valve has changed the way that the rewards work, it's now staggered -

1st place - 30 people get top 3 games

2nd place - 20 people get top 2 games

3rd place - 10 people get top 1 game

So, again, it's probably in your best interest to contribute at least one point per day (one badge in any game) if you can manage it for maximum Summer card and free game potential.

So, does Space Hulk play like Shadowrun, Grotesque Tactics and other squad based games? And what's the word on Splinter Cell: Blacklist?

Valve has changed the way that the rewards work, it's now staggered -

1st place - 30 people get top 3 games

2nd place - 20 people get top 2 games

3rd place - 10 people get top 1 game

So, again, it's probably in your best interest to contribute at least one point per day (one badge in any game) if you can manage it for maximum Summer card and free game potential.

Wierd. no clear leader yet today, I wonder if this is why, or if the redit group finally broke and started backstabbing each other. Or, maybe people just stopped caring, wouldn't that be nice.

Ooo, the community choice includes Rayman: Legends for $10.  I hope that one wins next. 

So, does Space Hulk play like Shadowrun, Grotesque Tactics and other squad based games? And what's the word on Splinter Cell: Blacklist?

I've not heard good things about the Space Hulk game.  RPS destroyed it when it was released. 

Well, I bit for Nidhogg. Don't know much else besides DLC that'll grab me at this point.

I've not heard good things about the Space Hulk game.  RPS destroyed it when it was released. 

Yeah... Clunky save implementation, dodgy interface, and poor theming were the main complaints, if I remember.

OK, I bit on Kentucky Route Zero. If nothing else, I want to encourage games with the mood and aesthetic that KR0 has, even if it will probably take me years before I play it (if Sam and Max Season 3 is any indication.)

Ubisoft is having an eShop sale right now on WiiU. This means that Rayman Legends is currently $20. I bought it. Am downloading now.

Yeah, but pretty much every outlet said that if you have a WiiU, that's the version to play. After going through the first couple of levels with the touchpad support, it's rad as hell. I'm sure it's fine with a regular controller (Origins was great), but I wouldn't want to play it that way after seeing the fun they had implementing the tablet. When it's a case of $20 vs $10, I'll go for the WiiU version.

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is 6 bucks. Buy it to experience one of the best stealth games of the last decade, and Clint Hocking's true masterpiece (Sorry Far Cry 2).

Get it.

I remember thinking Chaos Theory was the greatest-looking video game I had ever seen at the time. I don't think I ever beat the second North Korea level on the rooftop with the drones.

Wolfenstein is $40.19.

Damn my limited budget!  I'm gonna have to wait on this one.  Maybe next year...

I picked up the Castle Crashers/Battleblock Theatre bundle the other day when it was cheap (even paid a dollar extra for the DLC).  I played Castle Crashers on XBLA and I had a lot of fun with it, but I forgot what a slog it was to unlock the characters.  I have a feeling I'm not going to be doing that this time.  Haven't tried Battleblock yet but it looks like some goofy fun.

Bleh, I'd quite like Wolfenstein but my backlog is ridiculous now. So many games that I've 75% finished or just started. It's a little stressful! I need some time to just play. Damn life gets in the way of gaming. I refuse to join the Quitters' Club for games I enjoy and want to finish.

I got Chaos Theory for the PC but man does it suck to control. You have to map all the buttons for a controller (if I remember correctly) but it doesn't tell you what the buttons do. 

Bleh, I'd quite like Wolfenstein but my backlog is ridiculous now. So many games that I've 75% finished or just started. It's a little stressful! I need some time to just play. Damn life gets in the way of gaming. I refuse to join the Quitters' Club for games I enjoy and want to finish.

I got Chaos Theory for the PC but man does it suck to control. You have to map all the buttons for a controller (if I remember correctly) but it doesn't tell you what the buttons do. 

Save the money for that PS4!

I just got my deposit back from my previous place, plus a £100 rebate. It adds up to the exact amount for a PS4 Destiny bundle. 

tumblr_mb6vt6fB3j1rteqhqo1_500.gif