JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Europe is have a January sale and it has both Danganronpa games for 19.99 each, which does sound tempting.

If you have PS+, it's £10.99. I had to get 1 at that price, what is it? 70% sale? 

Hmm, I wonder which version of Chrono Trigger that is. It might be nice to have Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross in one place without dealing with disks.

Edit Looks like it's a straight port of the PS1 version, which has the added cut scenes but is missing the new translation. Maybe I'll just buy Chrono Cross.

Guild Wars 2 will be $10 through ArenaNet's website this weekend to coincide with what is widely expected to be an expansion announcement at PAX South, and a double XP weekend (which is funny because XP is not exactly hard to get in that game).

Edit: it was indeed an expansion announcement, although unlike most MMOs all the gear currently available will continue to be best in slot come the expansion's launch.

Oooh, I want a lot of those games, but it's Android only I assume? 

Correct, there are no direct downloads or steam keys with this bundle.

I was hoping for an iTunes code or something (yuck, but it's what I have from work,) but I'd imagine that Apple is pretty stingy with those.

It's worth noting that Google hasn't dealt with Humble Bundles either, the games included in Mobile Bundles are apks that can be downloaded and sideloaded onto Android phones outside of the Google Play Store system. You can install the Humble Bundle mobile app to manage these installs and facilitate updates, if you like.

Oh yeah, my implication was more That iOS is too closed a system for them to legally offer any apps for it without explicit cooperation from Apple.

This month's PS+ offerings are fantastic:

• Transistor (PS4)
  • Apotheon (PS4)
  • Yakuza 4 (PS3)
  • Theif (Ps3)
  • Rouge Legacy (PS4|PS3|Vita)
  • Kick & Fennick (Vita)

All for free.

Fucking Yakuza 4. That game is fantastic. It's not even on the PSN store, to the best of my knowledge. Get Yakuza 4, it's the absolute dog's bollocks.

Dang, I haven't gotten into Prototype 2 yet either but I'm going straight for the Yak. Always been interested in that series

From another thread:

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris is currently 50% off at Green Man Gaming, and may even be further discounted with the code 20PERO-FFDIGI-GAMESX (may because I'm not certain the code interacts with the sale).

I don't suppose there are three other people interested in playing it? I'd be willing to pick it up at this price if there's a Thumbs crew looking to do some coop.

Fyi I'm pretty sure the mobile version of Valiant Hearts is broken up into four episodes and buying the game only gives you the first episode. I don't know if any in-game DLC is also discounted. 

Yeah, it say so in one review and each episode of Valiant Heart is 3.99. 

I'll probably get 80 Days.

I already have Yakuza 4 on disc. Would've preferred Yakuza 3 instead, but it's not in PSN at least in Europe...

I'm already waiting for Yakuza 5 so much. It really sucks Sega did not release Yakuza 1&2 HD in Europe or North America. In Japan that was released on Wii U and PS3, but at least we finally get Y5.

In lieu of the limited edition, people can get the standard edition of Majora's Mask for $34 from Newegg - http://slickdeals.net/f/7600628-the-legend-of-zelda-majora-s-mask-3d-pre-order-nintendo-3ds-33-99-free-shipping?src=pdw&v=1

Any similar deals for Europe?

There is a Tesco Home Plus near me, but even if they were selling them for that price I'm not sure I could justify spending £90 on a console basically just to play Bayonetta 2.

This probably isn't the thread for it, but I just skimmed the metacritic list for top rated Wii U games and only came up with one other one I'd actually be excited to play: Pikmin 3. I'm not trying to be a Nintendo anti-fanboy, and I actually quite like my 3DS (although again there are really only a handful of games I play on it), but I really can't see a future in which it wouldn't end up just like the Wii did at my house. As in, completely unused after the first six months.