JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

On the subject of Hundles, and I'm sure most everybody knows already, Insurgency (4 copies) is part of the Humble Jumbo Bundle 3. Could be good for an Idle Thumbs Randomizer game?

In the Games Giveaway thread, several peeps are giving away their extra copies of Insurgency if anyone is interested. 

Amazon regularly offer free apps to attract people to their marketplace. Ustwo probably wanted to get some notice with the expansion... I really HOPE it's not a response to the criticism.

The Amazon app store has a free app a day promotional tool.  The program is opt-in, so developers have to choose to do it rather than being forced to make their app free.  The main benefit is getting a spot on the front page and a bump in sales numbers, even though its available for free.  I'm not sure what determines when (or even if) an app will be chosen for the program though.  Even if Monument Valley was submitted because of criticism over the price of the expansion I doubt Amazon would push it up to the front of the queue because of it.  I have a habit of checking the app store each morning to see what the new app is which is why I noticed Monument Valley in the first place.  A lot of the time the free app is garbage but occasionally you'll get something good.

The one dollar tier of the sega humble bundle seems like a great deal. I've heard nothing but good things about that kart racer.

I also just snagged (physical copies!?) of Starcraft 2 and HotS for $10 each at Target, which is the same price as Blizzard's black Friday deal for the digital unlocks on B.Net

What percent off is it there? Surely the game isn't normally just $20.

It's 75% off as it dropped to a base price of $20 pretty recently, within the last three months, I want to say. I think they're trying to hook people into the game and get them into the DLC.

There's a smaller steam sale running apparently. I own a lot of it, but Risk of Rain is $2.49 for a little while longer, Banished is $7.99, a few other good things on there.

Evil Within is down to $16.32 on GMG with their current voucher, YEHWO3-8WN62G-KZ7AVT. Code's good for all their current deals, which also includes the new Wolfenstein at the same price - but you should have already played that. Disapproving stare.

I find it a bit dubious that a game this new is already discounted that much

Wasn't Costume Quest 2 in a Humble Bundle  less than a month after it's release? But yeah, I haven't heard much about the game and what I heard wasn't good.

Nice find with the Green Man Gaming discount going to pick up Kerbal finally, some of these discounts are pretty steep for new games. Shadow of Mordor for $34 is tempting. 

Oh, I meant to say that the Insurgency four pack is part of the $1 tier. Bargain (and a Clyde-favorite?)

I played a lot of it for a while. I should get back into it. It's a great game to play all day because by late afternoon you have a good flow.

A bunch of Zen Pinball tables are in the Weekly Huumble Bundle.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

stop trying to get everybody to play your pin balls.

nah... you're good :) I already bought the package.

stop trying to get everybody to play your pin balls.

nah... you're good :) I already bought the package.

I thought you didn't like the physics though. Or are you talking about the older package?

I haven't played the new tables yet. But just because I didn't like the physics (the weird stuff going one once in a while), doesn't mean that they're not pinball tables I'd like to play.