Roderick

Tales of Monkey Island

Just finished the episode. Puzzles were awesome. Murray was awesome. The writing was mostly awesome. The setting and some of the characters (the crew to be exact) were not that awesome to me, however, and I'm kinda hoping the next episode will bring Guybrush back to civilization. Something like that anyway.

Still, I have enjoyed the entire season a lot so far. And congratulations to Jake "I'M Jake Rodkin" Rodkin for co-directing!

I waited ten minutes underwater and nothing happened. What's the dealio with that?

I didn't time how long it took, but after a while Guybrush does need to go back up for air.

One geeky complaint though: I waited ten minutes underwater and nothing happened. What's the dealio with that?

I think he's supposed to surface just before 10 minutes elapse.

Also, whose idea was it to do the MI2 diving animation and music when you go down off the ship? That was bloody brilliant and had me grinning like an idiot. Can't wait for the next episode now. They're still getting better.

I proposed that and everyone just went along with it and thought it was a good idea, which was an enjoyable (and rare) experience.

Still, I have enjoyed the entire season a lot so far. And congratulations to Jake "I'M Jake Rodkin" Rodkin for co-directing!

Thanks!

Go talk to someone who cares :X

;(

Isn't that what Murray says to you in the end credits? I can't remember the exact wording. I actually enjoyed this one most so far, and that's saying quite a lot :)

I proposed that and everyone just went along with it and thought it was a good idea, which was an enjoyable (and rare) experience.

Damn, you're responsible for one of my favorite individual moments in the game. Well played, sir.

Yeah, with Kate Capsize when you're looking for the Sea Monkey. Multiple times if you fuck up finding the proper spot where the Sea Monkey sank.

Just finished Lair of the Leviathan, and it was excellent. Jake, could you tell us a little about what your role in this one entailed? I get the impression you've "risen" from web stuff to in-game menu stuff to whatever co-director is, no doubt propelled by your awesome island-to-ship transitions in The Siege of Spinner Cay, and I'm pretty sure everyone is interested in what role you're playing in these games.

I totally get it if you can't/won't talk much about it, of course. Anyway, great work! You guys're slowly becoming the LucasArts of the future.

Just finished and I can't really add anything that hasn't been said already: It's only bloody brilliant. I'm glad that

Murray

was back even more glad that he actually had a part to play, not just some tacky fan service shoehorned it. Also the reuse of MI2 and CMI music was a bonus (the music from the stomach of the Manatee was from CMI somewhere, right?)

Finally got around to downloading my copy of the latest one, and it was awesome! Definately my favorite, so far. It felt so epic. And the manatee love-part was fantastic. Loads of great, very episode-specific puzzle designs and mechanics. I was really afraid I was about to go on a slimy grub hunt, but it turned into an awesome face-off face hunt instead. Hope the Pirate face-off thing isn't just a one-off mechanic for this episode. Would love to see more of it, when we get closer to the finale.

All of the characters were pretty great in this one. And I'm really rooting for a little bit more romance between Guybrush and the bounty hunter (whose name I've forgotten, again), they have great chemistry. In a different way than the great chemistry between him and Elaine. Oh, I'm talking gibberish. I just loved this episode so much.

Oh, and the end credits were hilarious. "Like these people had anything to do with it."

Good job, Jake and rest of Telltale crew.

I really should play the latest 2 episodes, I got halfway through the second episode and had to format my HDD, so kind of got put off it.

I'm really looking forward to playing them through again, without pauses, when the DVD is out. Right now, it just feels like a long, single adventure game that I'm enjoying, just a bit at a time. It's awesome.

Hey gang! As a PC-less Wii owner I finally got to start playing Chapter 3!

I find in my old age I'm becoming less tolerant of repeated dialogue in adventure games. I have been enjoying Tales of Monkey Island enough where I didn't skip any cutscenes or dialogue. But in this chapter, Guybrush must do

the face-off challenge and induction vote

at least twice. Hearing identical dialogue in situations that---even for the characters---are meant to be repeated events feels wrong.

After holding out for so long, I finally put my finger on the B button. Skip skip skip....

Is it still the . key on the PC? Ah, nostalgia....

For those who (like me) missed the announcement, Episode 4: The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood is coming out this friday. I was expecting it to happen halfway through November, so paint me a happy chappy.

Oh, EXCELLENT! I'm coming off of two weeks of academic hell here, so that will be a fantastic way to relax after my shifts on the weekend. Good timing, Telltale. Very good indeed.