Roderick

Tales of Monkey Island

I can't speak for all Macbooks, but all five episodes ran great on mine through Steam.

Are you in the Steam Mac beta, or did you just bootcamp/vm into windows?

Ah screw it, it's not like I won't buy it anyways. But if this doesn't live up to the unfounded expectations that it will be cross platform and also run on my laptop I will be very sad.

Cross platform as in Mac? I don't think the MI mac ports are out yet, but if it helps raise your expectations, I accidentally downloaded the Mac version of Sam and Max S3E1 the other day because I didn't notice I had access to both versions. I'd assume that, given Telltale's generally "not evil" practices, you'll be able to get the mac port as soon as it's available.

The Telltale site lists the Mac version of Tales. The question is:

1) Are the files distributed with the Steam version capable of running on a Mac? Depending on the build process it could be a single distributable, or they could be completely separate. I'm not optimistic about this, but it'd be nice.

2) If different distributables are required to run the game on Mac, will Telltale patch the Steam build so it can work on either platform?

The Telltale site lists the Mac version of Tales. The question is:

1) Are the files distributed with the Steam version capable of running on a Mac? Depending on the build process it could be a single distributable, or they could be completely separate. I'm not optimistic about this, but it'd be nice.

2) If different distributables are required to run the game on Mac, will Telltale patch the Steam build so it can work on either platform?

From What I understand, the only place to get the Mac version of Tales is from Telltale themselves, it is likely to be available on Steam for Mac at a later date, most likely when Steam for Mac is out of beta.

So apparently TTG is following the traditional adventure game logic of combining everything in your inventory with everything else.

Not only is the game compatible with Steam Play (thank you), it's in a bundle with the new Sam & Max for an insane price lower than either individual game. http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4327/

Glad I ended up waiting, 'cause I already own ME:SE on my iphone.

Did anyone else get the Tales of Monkey Island box set delivered? I ordered the deluxe edition on the 15th of March and it hasn't yet left their warehouses. In the past Telltale didn't let me pay for delivery until the box sets were ready to be sent, so I can't work out why there would be such a long delay on this one.

I got the DVD in the mail about a week and a half ago. I didn't have the super de luxe version, just the one with the really pretty Steve Purcell slipcover.

I'm loving the DVD commentary things, you guys! Famous Vanaman, take it away!

I also got my deluxe TOMI DVD about a week and a half ago... and if my eyes aren't deceiving me, the box is totally lacking the magic touch of Jake Rodkin. It's just so very ugly, even the Purcell bits.

The manual looked nice, though.

I also got my deluxe TOMI DVD about a week and a half ago... and if my eyes aren't deceiving me, the box is totally lacking the magic touch of Jake Rodkin. It's just so very ugly, even the Purcell bits.

*Jakes reads that post*

"B-b-but, I designed that boxart /cry"

*Jakes reads that post*

"B-b-but, I designed that boxart /cry"

I feel fairly confident he didn't. I just took another look at it, and it just looks like it's lacking the "Jake" touch that was present on the Sam & Max DVDs. (*Hopes he's not wrong*)

I got the big box and I was impressed. I went and bought the rest of the playing cards just because I think they'd be cool, even though I usually don't do so.

Jake said he just made suggestions for the contents but I don't know if he did the cover. I really don't like the one under the Purcell slipcase, but personally I love the slip case. The cut out stuff on the back is a little odd, but oh well.

Just got the DVD in the mail and watched the commentary stuff. This is what the MI2: SE commentary should've been like.

One thing though, the sound quality is horrible. The volume difference between the various people is huge and there's a lot of noise and distortion. Hopefully TellTale'll get a couple of sweet mics for the next DVD, because the commentary was funny and interesting.

I got the season and deluxe edition on dvd, but anyway question that why is this promotion not in Europe? I would love to try out the Wiiware versions, I've heard a lot of negative feedback about the compression of those. Also strange to offer fourth and last episodes instead of first and second, wouldn't that help to possibly sell more as it's a one story?

http://www.shacknews.com/article/68941/free-tales-monkey-island-wiiware