gdf

Life

Pah, I've done it all before. Besides, I went and *won* the Trackmania challenge on Saturday (hell yeah) and played the games I needed to, so that I could write them up when I got back home! Was nice to actually sit back and eat free chocolate and drink free water. :P

The worst I've seen in the past were the obese old men wearing tight orange bikinis. Yowser.

Still, I don't mind the ladies wearing the same costume. Just not the men.

The worst I've seen in the past were the obese old men wearing tight orange bikinis. Yowser.

250px-Rufus-sfiv.pngp

...?

I'm just putting the finishing touches to a cosplay-themed mini 'cast. I'll put a link in the 'Plug Your Shit' thread when I upload it, because I feel we've been derailing the 'Life' thread a little too much.

In life terms, I've just finished a short stint at a magazine, and I am now back living a life of uncertainty and ambiguity.

So it seems this morning I've found a small lump floating around my right testicle :eek: No, not the left one, but a new and unwelcome addition. It's an odd feeling that there is something there that shouldn't be. I'm not too worried but it's better to get these things checked by a professional.

So tomorrow I'm off for some humiliation at the docs, It could be worse, but I've already suffered that finger :finger: up my arse, so this should be a walk in the park.

Remember guys, look after your meat and two veg, no one else will...

S.

If it's 'floating around' your testicle, my money's on an epididymal cyst. These cysts are generally of no consequence but can occasionally give you trouble, trouble being pain usually. Testicular cancer is a lump within the testicle or felt on it's surface; it's not seperate to the testicle.

A varicocoele (a grouping together of your veins from your testicle) could be construed as a floating lump by the layman also. Again these usually give no trouble but have been linked with infertility so you might want to talk to your doctor about that.

In short and in a lame attempt to try and assuage any anguish you might be having worrying about it, it doesn't sound like it's anything serious. You are also doing absolutely the right thing by going to your doctor, that's what real men do :tup:

Good luck and I hope you don't have to wait too long for your appointment.

Best use of thumbs icon goes to Armchair General, M.D.

Hmm, I should totally have a good thorough feel of my testes, just in case.

Cheers man. I've had two friends lose testicles to cancer. None of us are older than 22, so I thought it was a little above average, but just shows that us young'uns should keep aware too. One was at 18, another this past year. The one who lost it super early has been having an annual "half-a-manniversary" keg party every since. I'd take heart from Armchair and not consider it too likely that it is cancer, but even if that's the case it shouldn't slow you down too much if you're catching it this early. Good luck to you.

My weekend was a bit weird and a roller coaster ride.

First on friday I was supposed to install my new internal 750GB HDD and at the same time do a complete fresh install of Windows 7 to the new HDD.

Well, I was doing the thing with a friend of mine and we opened the HDD from a sealed bag and when we plugged it in to the computer it started making a lot of noise. Turns out it's broken, straight from the box. Brand new and broken. I was so pissed. I need to call the store today and they need to send me a new replacement and quickly. I was supposed to copy all my external HDD data to this new one on friday so I would have a back up.

Then of course with my luck on saturday evening I frigging lost all my data from my external hard drive, it had all the pictures and other files that I've collected during the years. Of course I had no existing back up anywhere.

Unbelievable, but I actually went and bought the license to this ZA Recovery program that Drath mentioned in toblix's "Keeping your data safe" thread and it worked! With the help of one friend I got all my missing data back. I had to ask friend's help, because my still current internal HDD is only 150GB in size and my friend has 650GB HDD that he could help me with to copy the retrieved data to.

The other side of the coin is that something happened to my friend's computer after the data recovery and his OS blue screened and he had to install the Windows completely again and possibly lost stuff that he had on his harddrive?

The lesson learned from this one is that always back up your data at least to one other place and not keep all the eggs in same basket.

Holy crap I owe my friend a lot.

I hope it turns out to be nothing serious, monkeyarmada.

You are also doing absolutely the right thing by going to your doctor, that's what real men do :tup:

That's horrible, Kolzig. If your friend's computer was properly set up, you don't have to worry about the blue screen reinstall, though.

The whole weekend was not crappy.

Sunday was overall really nice, we had our first wedding anniversary as it was exactly one year ago that we got married. The bad thing was that both of our presents were still "in the mail", but that should get sorted during this week.

I got her a Kalevala necklace and she got me this from Amazon.co.uk.

I just spent the weekend on a farm camping, fitness training, target shooting, doing martial arts and playing sneaky games at night in an adjoining disused farm. It was excellent, also there were wild horses around :tup:

In one game, we had to sneak through patrols into a derelict house+courtyard+barn to retrieve a bottle of vodka and some shot glasses. The setting and low light was a *lot* like some locations in S.T.A.L.K.E.R., which freaked me out a little at first :)

Are you in some kind of terrifying paramilitary group?

Would you expect me to admit it if I was? :)

There are a bunch of outdoorsy people I train in a martial art with, but in terms of who they are, it's a group pretty well spread over class and political lines. It's made clear that there's no ideology or ultimate external aim to the group (:tup:), and if there was, I'd be avoiding them like they were lepers.

(I should probably also clarify that the target shooting was done with air rifles and bows, not guns or anything else illegal).

So, yeah. Not going to turn into project mayhem.

Thanks for the supportive words guys you are all too cool for school.

Just got back from the doctors and he has diagnosed cysts on my epididimus (sp) totally normal, nothing to worry about and he sees them on a weekly basis... So I don't have cockrot! :tup:

So I'm glad that that's my little drama over with.

Glad it turned out ok. If any geezers are reading this and are sitting there wondering whether that lump on their goolies is normal or not but are worried the doctor will think that your knob is too small, or it might be a woman doctor....

As Monkey's doctor said, they/we see gadzillions of knobs and fannies of all shapes and sizes and take notice of none of them. You are not the first and you certainly won't be the last.

Get the hairy boys checked out, it only takes a minute and it might save your life.

P.S. I have discharged the ever present duty to promote health for this week. I shall sully the forums no more this week :mock:

Glad it turned out ok. If any geezers are reading this and are sitting there wondering whether that lump on their goolies is normal or not but are worried the doctor will think that your knob is too small, or it might be a woman doctor....

As Monkey's doctor said, they/we see gadzillions of knobs and fannies of all shapes and sizes and take notice of none of them. You are not the first and you certainly won't be the last.

Get the hairy boys checked out, it only takes a minute and it might save your life.

P.S. I have discharged the ever present duty to promote health for this week. I shall sully the forums no more this week :mock:

Mines a torus, is that bad ;)

I have discharged...

Augh no!

I get really queasy thinking about this stuff for whatever reason, but I'm glad you're alright, monkeyarmada. I can only imagine the amount of panic that must have started.

Man, what if your penis was a rotating 4D cube.

8-cell-simple.gif

That would be such a mind fuck.

Glad that you are alright.

Man, what if your penis was a rotating 4D cube.

That would be such a mind fuck.

and make a serious mess in the bathroom

and make a serious mess in the bathroom

In more dimensions than is comfortable to think about.