Jake

Far Cry 2

My question is, has anyone else done 169.9hrs?
I've played through it twice, but I don't think I played for that long.
Also, is there every going to be a Far Cry 3? If so, will it be another Far Cry or another Far Cry 2?
Yes there will be Far Cry 3. There's not much information about it, though, except that Ubisoft thinks it's "pretty exciting".

Yes there will be Far Cry 3. There's not much information about it, though, except that Ubisoft thinks it's "pretty exciting".

Well, they're not going to say much else, are they? :P

"Yeah, so we have Far Cry 3 coming and... well, to be honest, it looks pretty shit. No idea why the hell anyone would want to play it - Lord knows we don't want to! Don't buy this game, it's not worth it."

I've played through it twice, but I don't think I played for that long.

Just curious where you guys are getting this info?

Just curious where you guys are getting this info?

letmegooglethatforyou.com

letmegooglethatforyou.com

letmetellyouaboutsourcelinkssowedontassumeyourgettingfirsthandinformationandthenhavetogoaroundaboutwaytofindouttheinformationwasfromarumorinnovemberfromaguythatisn'tevenworkingonthegame.com

Let me know if that's understandable :)

Anyway,to save everyone else some trouble,

source: http://www.computerandvideo games.com/article.php?id=228138

Not sure how reliable it is, honestly.

letmetellyouaboutsourcelinkssowedontassumeyourgettingfirsthandinformationandthenhavetogoaroundaboutwaytofindouttheinformationwasfromarumorinnovemberfromaguythatisn'tevenworkingonthegame.com

Let me know if that's understandable :)

Not really :)

letmegooglethatforyou.com is a real domain name though :)

Not really :)

letmegooglethatforyou.com is a real domain name though :)

lmgtfy.com is easier

I haven't had time to play Far Cry 2 in a long time.

But I did test it during the weekend with the new Radeon HD 5770.

What used to be almost smoothly playable with medium details is now completely smooth and super awesome looking with max details and 1650x1080 resolution.

Almost makes me want to start the game from scratch and have another go at it.

with the new Radeon HD 5770.

Aargh. it's impossible to understand the model numbers of video cards, especially as I usually don't want to know anything about them except before upgrading.

Did they add HD to the name and start numbering from the beginning?

I remember that I complained on the official Ubi forums about a bug concerning the game speed. My game behaved just like many console games by playing as fast as frames are drawn which was really annoying. I had to limit the game to 30 fps, cause otherwise the game would run too fast (up to twice as fast at 60 fps apparently). In other occasions it slowed down everytime the framerate went below 30. The bug was never addressed by anyone anywhere.

A good way to verify this issue is to approach a diamond suitcase. You can hear the detector beeping change in tempo according to the framerate.

So I finally bought this game Far Cry 2.

My mind has already been blown multiple times. However, there is one thing that really annoys me about the game: the ridiculous enemy respawn rate. It so stupid that guard posts are fully occupied again after you 5 minutes and 500 m walk. Has anyone found a way to slow respawn times in the PC version?

So I finally bought this game Far Cry 2.

My mind has already been blown multiple times. However, there is one thing that really annoys me about the game: the ridiculous enemy respawn rate. It so stupid that guard posts are fully occupied again after you 5 minutes and 500 m walk. Has anyone found a way to slow respawn times in the PC version?

No, but the devs (Could it even have been Hocking himself?) said that it was something that they wish they'd gotten rid of.

I agree, I hated the whole respawn thing, it really got me screwed over several times.

Really need to get back to this game soon.

It's been now about three month break from Far Cry 2.

Really need to get back to this game soon.

It's been now about three month break from Far Cry 2.

Ditto. It's one of those games that I play for a bit, then don't touch for months. I got it back in September and I'm only about 8 hours in. Fortunately, it's pretty easy to get back into, without feeling like you have to start over.

Now that I think about it, surely there's a way to go in and adjust the respawn rate in the game files?

I don't think so, it's probably nested somewhere inaccessible.

So i'm going to bring up a really old topic once more.

Probably gunna get yelled at.

Here is something akin to a story that was once read on the cast about a guy who was hit by his own car when he was showing off FC2 to a friend. I just happened to be recording when this happened:

22804a-4.jpg

Bambi was avenged.

(I know it's not a deer)

Was that a "What's that noiseOHJESUSSHIT" moment, where your heart skipped a beat?

Also, this thread just. Won't. Die. :grin:

Edited by PiratePooAndHisBattleship

Was that a "What's that noiseOHJESUSSHIT" moment, where you heart skipped a beat?

Also, this thread just. Won't. Die. :grin:

Yeah, I was looking at my kill and thinking, I feel pretty bad about killing this innocent ani-CAR REV NOISE OH SHI-

It's Far Cry 2, it will never die.

This is next on my nonexistent list of guilt now that I've found a copy at a price that fits my current OHSHITSTUDENTDEBT thrift level.

Hate the world already, hate how it looks and feels, hate how unconvincing and video gamey everything is (e.g. the stupid computer-based gun shop).

Persevering.

If it doesn't hit you pretty soon, you'll probably never enjoy the game. It's a love/hate experience, and if you hate it now that might not change.

This is next on my nonexistent list of guilt now that I've found a copy at a price that fits my current OHSHITSTUDENTDEBT thrift level.

Hate the world already, hate how it looks and feels, hate how unconvincing and video gamey everything is (e.g. the stupid computer-based gun shop).

Persevering.

Keep going, push a little further. I didn't start to love the game until everything went wrong in one assault on an enemy base (don't read this if you want a similar experience):

both of my sniper rifles broke (the first time this had happened to me) so I had my silenced pistol and knife and had half a dozen guys come after me. I improvised shooting a guy with a whole pistol clip, slid to him picked up his Assault rifle and blew the other dudes away.

I'll just have to wait until I build a new gaming computer someday I guess... Got this in a Steam sale a while ago, but it won't actually run on my ancient Windows XP DirectX 9.0c rig.

Hilariously, when I was combing through forums trying to get help for the "run game, loading splash, then nothing happens ever" problem, it's all directed at trying to convince the game to run in a DX10 environment. Apparently I'm the only XP user on the internet with that particular issue!