Wrestlevania

The Dancing Thumb (aka: music recommendations)

I feel like Mike Eagle's album, "Brick Body Kids Still Day Dream", needs a bit of love here.

I can see the appeal in listening to it drunk. Then again, I also see the appeal in listening to it sober.

Oh maaaan, this is great! I love how it sounds like they actually recorded everything in the tiny apartment that the video was shot in (which may be the case?). That dirty, semi-low-fi bass is so good. I'm also on my 3rd Gin Sling, so maybe Ozzie has a point ;P.

I love Unknown Mortal Orchestra's new sound. 

That fuzz!

I haven't really been up on the music scene since 2002, but a couple of bands I've found out about via the internet recently are Skating Polly and Babymetal. SP is a two-piece indie rock group made up of two sisters who started when they were about 12. Even their early stuff is really good, even if it hews very close to existing bands' sounds, and they're always changing up their style. I recommend binging them on YouTube. Here's one of their more recent, Veruca Salt-y tracks:

Babymetal are a hilarious J-pop band who chuck a load of heavy metal or hip-hop into their songs. This one is amazing:

This triggers the dancing-part of my brain very much: Bishop Briggs - River

Fantastic, also this video: Bat For Lashes - What's A Girl To Do?

Nicolas Jaar released a new, sample-heavy album under an alias A.A.L (Against All Logic). It is pretty dope!

Music to wait the next The Avalanches album to. Presumably it will not take 16 years this time.

Eurovision Song Contest night for 2018 is drawing to a close.

I don't know what's gonna win, and I don't think I can be bothered staying awake to see what takes the grand prize, but I can tell you what should win.

France has my vote for sure. :tup:

I managed to catch "Sorry to Bother You",  last weekend and immediately fell in love with The Coup. Y'all should check them (and the film), out!

I don't particularly love Quake II, or its soundtrack (it's alright), but dammit if Descent into Cerberon isn't amazing. Such a cool tune.

Hell yeah that brings back memories. Whilst we're doing video game music listen to this pure insanity

I went down a Kpop rabbit hole the other day

Slugdge was originally formed by friends Kevin Pearson and Matt Moss in 2012, as a response to the amount of sludge metal groups named after animals.[1] Inspired by Akercocke, the group themed their songs around a fictional cosmic slug deity called "Mollusca". :blink: :tup:

On 2018-07-27 at 7:40 AM, theBobert said:

I managed to catch "Sorry to Bother You",  last weekend and immediately fell in love with The Coup. Y'all should check them (and the film), out!

Haven't seen the film yet but I do love the album of the same name. The album from a few years ago, that is, not the new soundtrack album. I mean I don't DON'T love the soundtrack album, I just haven't listened to it yet! Jeez, why'd he have to re-use the same title? :P

Now for something completely different.

I've been listening a lot to the Cocaine & Rhinestones podcast lately, and through it I discovered Tom T Hall. I love country music. I love this sad and sincere and slightly cheesy stuff. <3

Since we're in the heart of fall I figured I'd post some autumnal tracks:

I also put together a longer playlist with 30 songs total (that includes the two songs posted above), if anyone wants a more sustained autumnal vibe:

Hope everyone on the forum/slack has a great weekend and Halloween! Enjoy the rest of fall!