Marek

The positive thread

I know this is not a "currently playing" thread, but I'm currently playing Trespasser Jurassic Park. This game has been bashed a lot, but I think it had great ideas. The whole thing of actually controlling a hand and not a gun per se really adds up to the inmersion. You don't have any sort of HUD, just the character shouting out how many bullets you have left and a tattoo that shows your health. But where I feel the inovation lies is in how you can grab things and use them, and that they will act in a fairly accurate way. I think that with these things better implemented some FPS would be a lot more realistic, even a more dynamic first person adventure games can be possible, where you get the feeling you are actually controlling those weird mechanisms.

Although a giant blocky T-Rex may drag you out of the experience.

wow hope that made sense.

I'm currently mostly playing SNES games that I played a thousand times such as Yoshi's Island, Super Mario World, and Zelda: A Link to the Past. And I replayed Mickey Mania which I haven't played in years, still a great game with fantastic animation.

I've also played the CD version of Loom which I never played before. The writing and voice acting were great, my problem was that it's hard to keep track of your spells and know exactly what they do as you get them (which required me to play the 'write down then guess' game). Overall; a fine game.

And I'm anxiously awaiting this year for Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Shadow of the Colossus, Bone, Chibi Robo, and We Love Katamari (which I'm not positive that I'll get because I have no money and want to finally buy a DS).

Well here's something good about a game that I wasn't really excited about until I saw this scan:

KH2-SteamboatWillie.jpg

Steamboat Willie's gonna be a world in Kingdom Hearts 2. Now I want it.

I've been reading fluxblog recently and it rocks my socks and my shoes

Thats physically impossible , since if you're wearing shoes and they are being rocked the socks aren't considered rocked because the feet with the shoes are being rocked. However if no shoes are being worn then the socks would be rocked since there is no greater set of rocking. Now , in the case of your shoes rocking on one person , and socks rocking on you then its rocks my socks and shoes. Is that the case?

I've been reading fluxblog recently and it rocks my socks and my shoes

For a second there I thought that was linking to Captain August.

Thats physically impossible , since if you're wearing shoes and they are being rocked the socks aren't considered rocked because the feet with the shoes are being rocked. However if no shoes are being worn then the socks would be rocked since there is no greater set of rocking. Now , in the case of your shoes rocking on one person , and socks rocking on you then its rocks my socks and shoes. Is that the case?

Not true, the shoes could be rocking quitely in the closet, accompanied by the sandals, while the boots look on disdainfully. The socks can still be rocking on the feet, with the toes greatly enjoying the extra rocking that they would normally not get, especially when a Thumb is wearing them. From the forums, I've gathered that it takes quite a bit to even mildly rock our baby toes.

(Oh, and after the Hubbard interview, I've been replaying NOLF2 and Tron 2.0, my two favorite Monolith games (and favorite FPSs for that matter). Mmmmmm... delicious Monolith goodness.)

Marek: I doubt it was anywhere near the end. It was some crazy reflectionpuzzle in the third chapter. I looked up just that little puzzle in a walkthrough, and I don't think I'd have figured it out on my own anytime soon. I am pleased with all the outside-the-box puzzles of Another Code though! I loved the (SPOILER!) stamp-puzzle which required me to physically close the DS two times. I loved it even more because I had thought of that solution myself, and then it worked. Awesome.

Kingz: That's a great idea! People should link more to the Cap'n! :tup:

Vimes ... saw your sig ... in that San Andreas mission just be sure you turn around back towards San Andreas before the plane passes you. That way you'll be next to or slightly in front of the plane. Now you'll have plenty of time to slow down or accelerate to make it to the ring.

Just ... in case you were stuck there.

Woohoo, thank to you I'm finally unstuck.

Though it took me ,like, 15 attempts to finally succeed... only to be rewarded by the worst Virtua Cop sequence ever.

I blame my parents for transmitting the gene of "awful virtual orientation".

Is the plot coming at its end or what ? 'cause I'm growing tired of this game...

Okay, so I went passed that little puzzle in chapter 3 of Another Code, and suddenly everything goes swimmingly and the game ends after some 8 hours of play (approximately 2 of those spent being stuck). There weren't really other hard puzzles like the one with the reflection on the empty frame. But although it was somewhat short, it was a sweet experience. Very charming and non-epic. It didn't feel rushed, it told everything it wanted to tell and it was a quaint, nice short game. And its puzzles were really nice, didn't feel too gimmicky. A nice adventure. More please!

:tup: I'm free now!

I have a Gamecube and Resident Evil 0 and the RE1 remake to complete and I'm happy about it.

:tup::tup::tup:

I've been playing a lot of The Hidden (HL2 mod) lately, and it's great fun... when it works! Buggy, including a bug that crashes the game about 50% of the times you try to join a server...

But a new beta with these things fixed should be out soon. Until then, it's still a blast... when it works!

cynicism--;

Um, I'm currently playing Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow on Xbox, and I..... :shifty: ......I wanna fuck Sam Fisher.

The first and third SC games are way better, especially Chaos Theory. You'd really want to tear off Sam Fisher's normal-mapped bondage suit in CT.

Even though I WILL be playing Splinter Cell 1 on the Gamecube in a while, I doubt there'll be a multitude of homo-erotic thoughts accompanying the process.

Yufster: I have Resident Evil 1 Remake as well, have had it for over a year and sill haven't played it due to shortage of time. I fear for its clunky controls. I also fear that it'll send me to another deucedly uninteresting "high tech laboratory" setting in the end, while -again- the beginning parts are oh so atmospheric and interesting.

The first and third SC games are way better, especially Chaos Theory. You'd really want to tear off Sam Fisher's normal-mapped bondage suit in CT.

Actually I'm enjoying the better little gameplay details in PD, like the ability to open doors while carrying a body, and more tight corridors to split jump. The first SC felt very constrictive in hindsight.

liplick.gif Looking forward to watching Sam make sexy in CT. He is the template for hot sensual manlove.

But he looks insultingly bug eyed in that one. :hmph:

Even though I WILL be playing Splinter Cell 1 on the Gamecube in a while, I doubt there'll be a multitude of homo-erotic thoughts accompanying the process.

Yeah, 'cause that's my job, breeder. :grin:

Hulk is pretty damn cool if you're feeling destructive.

I'm also looking forward to *takes a hit from a whiskey bottle* Indigo Prophecy.

Jeez, stupid Atari, why'd you give us such a dumb title.

Also, did you guys hear that the sex scene had to be cut from the american version because of the hot coffee thing? I don't get it, the other day at wal-mart I saw they were selling a copy of Basic Instinct: Unrated edtion, but show sex in a Video game and they won't sell it.

I guess I'll have to import the European version (which has a better name anyway). Who would have the european version? Sometimes gogamer.com has the uncensored versions of games (like sacred), but they usually charge a bit for shipping.

Also, did you guys hear that the sex scene had to be cut from the american version because of the hot coffee thing? I don't get it, the other day at wal-mart I saw they were selling a copy of Basic Instinct: Unrated edtion, but show sex in a Video game and they won't sell it.

Fucking juvenile minded U.S. government and politicians ruin everything. :(