MrHoatzin

Psychonauts hate thread

They'll probably send you a box with a new P-nauts and you'll send it back in the same box with postage found within said box.

Psychonauts damn well better be in tommorow.

1) I stopped by the Gamestop that I pre-ordered at and as soon as I walked in the door the clerk noticed me and ran to grab a folder with a tracking slip from UPS saying that it should be in tommorow. It appears that I've frequented their establishment enough to qualify as having the Cheers theme song play when I enter the door.

2) I got a phone call from some hot-sounding baby named 'Aeris' at Gamestop saying that Psychonauts will be in tommorow.

I hope to spend Wednesday night and Thursday morning/afternoon gaming it up, Doublefine style. :buyme:

;( Good god, the game's been 'out' for what, 2 weeks now? And people are STILL waiting for it.

There are going to be people waiting for it for a lot longer than that... :tdown::tdown: :(

I'll likely be waiting another two weeks, as I'm leaving the country Sunday and doubt I will have the game by then.

GOD DAMNIT I HAVE TWO FUCKING DISC 2s WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO

Seriously, I waited two fucking weeks to end up getting a copy of psychonauts that I can't even use. Fuck majesco and gamestop. Do I contact majesco or Gamestop? Kolzig, you had to go through this shit, who did you call/email?

Yesterday I was having graphic card trouble and thanks to tech support I had to reinstall XP, and today my :cens0r: motherboard DIED!

Thank god I had my old one laying around, but XP doesn't like it when you switch motherboards....

I don't know why, but I got charged 20€, I wasn't there to pick it up so I couldn't ask...

I haven't installed it yet, but the t-shirt is faulty! A piece of string must of gotten in when they painted Raz's face and now the string is stuck to the shirt, but it will soon peel off leaving a mark....

Here's hoping my PC doesn't explode when I pop the CD in.... :shifty:

Well, it has finally shipped. Hoorah! :clap:

Now I just have to wait and see if I have disc four.

(Maybe I'll have all the disc fours everyone else is missing and no other discs.)

GOD DAMNIT I HAVE TWO FUCKING DISC 2s WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO

Seriously, I waited two fucking weeks to end up getting a copy of psychonauts that I can't even use. Fuck majesco and gamestop. Do I contact majesco or Gamestop? Kolzig, you had to go through this shit, who did you call/email?

I'm sure you'll be glad to know that I checked my copy at Gamestop before I walked out and all 5 discs are in my posession and the game takes up 3.61 gigs of my hard-drive. :pwned:

Is there anyone who's received the game with missing CDs who didn't order it from GameStop?

I'm sure you'll be glad to know that I checked my copy at Gamestop before I walked out and all 5 discs are in my posession and the game takes up 3.61 gigs of my hard-drive. :pwned:

go to hell

Oh well, at least I didn't have to talk to the mexican pimp everytime I tried to get the game.

Is there anyone who's received the game with missing CDs who didn't order it from GameStop?

Hrm? Do ya' think there is some big-time illuminai conspiracy where Gamestop is messing up the CD's on purpose?

That's big time crazy nuts, man!

:nuts:

Then again, after the amount of crap we've all had to go thru with Gamestop, it might not be to ofar fetched.

:grin:

GOD DAMNIT I HAVE TWO FUCKING DISC 2s WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO Seriously, I waited two fucking weeks to end up getting a copy of psychonauts that I can't even use. Fuck majesco and gamestop. Do I contact majesco or Gamestop? Kolzig, you had to go through this shit, who did you call/email?

I didn't call anyone, it's a bit expensive to call from here to US. But I emailed both majesco and gamestop.

Majesco hasn't said shit and so no answer from them.

GameStop promised to send the missing disc, I hope they send it soon, except I may be required to send the extra disc back. In that case I hope they've arranged it somehow that I don't have to pay any costs for the thing...

A guy at the Majesco forums suggested to call Majesco:

Please call Majesco Entertainment at 1-800-826-0015 to arrange for your replacement disc.
Is that a free number to call to from anywhere around the world?

It could be, but I kinda doubt it. Try it and it'll tell you if it doesn't, maybe someone here in the states could just call for you. If you don't have anyone to call for you, PM me and I could do it.

EDIT: Made my offer more clear while three other people posted.

I have no clue, I just saw the same post as you and called it. They said they would ship the cd to me and I didn't have to send anything to them. I suppose that would be the best number to call.

I didn't call anyone, it's a bit expensive to call from here to US. But I emailed both majesco and gamestop.

Majesco hasn't said shit and so no answer from them.

GameStop promised to send the missing disc, I hope they send it soon, except I may be required to send the extra disc back. In that case I hope they've arranged it somehow that I don't have to pay any costs for the thing...

A guy at the Majesco forums suggested to call Majesco:

1800 numbers are toll free numbers in the US, but I don't know about the rest of the world though. Why don't you ask someone here to call them for you.

It could be, but I kinda doubt it. If you find out it does, maybe someone here in the states could just call for you.

You read minds? :erm:

Well, since I can't play Psychonauts I've had to learn. Also, I edited my post slightly a minute after posting, only to find three people had already replied.

I don't think I need to call Majesco.

Gamestop's Kristen mailed me again to say this, when I asked a few questions more.

Dear Gamestop customer,

We will be sending out the replacement with the same method of

shipping. We do apologize. Please keep the defective copy.

Sincerly,

Your Customer Service Agent, Kristen

So with good luck, I'll have the 4th disc sometime next week.

"Red buttons are the best!"

"I sew them on my vest!"

"If they break like the rest..."

"The boys will see my chest!"

"YAY!"

That 'find the milkman' mission level was freaky. In an awesome way, natch! :grin: I loved the wigged out evil mom boss!

That 'find the milkman' mission level was freaky. In an awesome way, natch! :grin: I loved the wigged out evil mom boss!

Spoiler tagging here, just because some of you haven't got your copies yet...

Just the commentary of the Agents made the level hilarious enough.

*All spoken in flat monotone*

"I am a grieving widow."

"I cannot decide whether to remarry or stay faithful to my loved one."

"Look at that woman's breasts. They are large."

"There are no reported cases of alligators ever attacking anyone."

One thing I liked was that, if you accidentally got caught by the Agents, their questions towards you would change depending on what you've done. For instance, I accidentally (no, really) punched one of the girl scouts on the street, then just a bit later got caught, and they were grilling me as to why I hit her.

Good stuff. :grin:

That's funny, GameStop shipped me a version with 5 disks all labeled '4'. :grin:

--Erwin

You seem to be taking it well...