Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

Xmas games for little Jack

5 year old Jack Shipton, the kid who gave his opinion for our BGE review is going to be getting a few ps2 games from 'santa' this xmas, and 'santa' would like some reccomendations...

he needs some games where the controls arent too complicated for a 5 year old and nothing to violent bcause 'santa' doesnt approve. He wants GTa but 'santa' says no way :)

currently he has spiderman, blade, BGE, Prince of persia , TMNT, Street fighter II WWE, and wallace & grommit.

'Santa' wants to get him 1 racing game and 2 more games he can play with 'santa'... ok enough 'santa crap - his mum. His favourites were pop and bge.. plus TMNT heh

so.... any suggestions boys and girls? :)

:tup:

Just wondering, why does he want that game? Why does he know about that game?

When I was five I barely had the motor coordination to play tetris, let alone anything of GTA's calliber. Get him some LEGOs.

Agreed, LEGO. In the end he'll have so much more fun with it than any intricate game could provide [for a 5 year old].

Go cute furry platformer, Sly 2, and cute furry platformer that blows stuff up, Rachet and Clank.

Raceing? Burnout (go 2, screw EA).

with the age of 5 i didn't even know what computer-games are (probably because i didn't know anything about the existence of computers till the age of 10) :innocent:

but lego is fine.

When I was five I barely had the motor coordination to play tetris, let alone anything of GTA's calliber. Get him some LEGOs.

Yes, that. Were it not for LEGOs, I would not be the person I am today.

...heheheh. That makes me chuckle. I don't know why. :clap:

lego all the way for me too

He can go play with computers and consoles when he's 8 or something

LEGO isn't pluralised STOP IT.

"some LEGO" :)

anyways, id suggest katamari but unfortunatley us PAL gamers are raped every single day of our little gaming lives. Katamari Damarcy isnt coming out over here,ther eis no proposed reail date or in fact any news that it will ever be made for pal consoles. Nice eh?

We suggested SEGA super stars as an eye toy game as he alreay has the original, i'll get the list of proposed games so we can all tear it to pieces some more :)

anyways, id suggest katamari [...]

Strange that id would suggest Katamari instead of Doom 3. That's shooting yourself in the foot I'd say.

LEGO isn't pluralised STOP IT.

"some LEGO" :)

I'm foreign, motherfucka; I'm allowed to say things like that.

:mrt:

I could call the bricks what I did when I was wee, but I doubt "legeechee" or "lego kotskitse"* would mean anything to you.

Besides, you hardly have any integrity in matters of grammar yourself. :deranged::shifty:

*) that would be phonetically written.

Besides, you hardly have any integrity in matters of grammar yourself. :deranged::shifty:

I was going to point that out...

But he's right; it's just 'Lego'. What the hell is 'Legos'? Who lied to you when you were little and told you about 'legos'? Let's go to Legos Land and play with some Legos! Does that sound right? No, because it's wrong. It's 'lego land' and 'lego'. There's nothing worse than people calling lego 'legos'.

Spaff, in the deepest, darkest corner of PC World there layeth The Dig, Full Throttle, Curse of Monkey Island and Escape from Monkey Island, all in jewel packaging, untouched and unopened for years. The Dig sucks, but he might enjoy the other games. I know it sounds like a bizarre suggestion, but I have very fond memories of playing Monkey Island 1 and 2 when I was little. Sometimes, I replay them. Like some kind of comfort food. Maybe he would like them. I don't know.

My 3-year-old niece likes Crash Bandicoot. So like Bc9b, I’d suggest some kind of cute furry platformer.

I agree with the suggestions Yufster made as well. I loved playing Monkey Island when I was little.

I vote for finding a used Sega Genisis for 20 bucks at a gamestop/babbages/etc. and Sonic the Hedgehog 1 - 3. It'll cost you less than any new game AND teach the lad about fighting evil robots! That, my fellow forum-goer, is an indespensible quality in todays workforce.

supersonic.gif

Why not get him something educational like... JFK: Reloaded? Oh wait, that's PC only, damn.

How about Prince of Persia 2 or something like Tony Hawks or SSX?