Sign in to follow this  
Marek

Animated series with dinosaurs circa 1980-1990?

That sounds like the Legos of today.

So true... Though I heard LEGO has had a shift in management, or a new president or something, and they now want to get back to the old standard.

--Erwin

But wasn't it so that the old Legos just didn't sell?
As far as I remember, they thought they needed novelty to appeal to the kids who liked canned fun (as opposed to creative fun) and they came out with the Harry Potter and Star Wars sets that cranked up their profits, but once that market was saturated the profits tapered off and they lost some money... maybe....

Also, perhaps I have grown stronger, or maybe the American LEGOs are shittier than the European kind but the newer bricks seem flimsier than the olden ones.

I used to build LEGO houses out of same-color bricks. I came to study graphic design. My friends built LEGO houses out of all sorts of bricks, which looked ugly, and now they're studying psychology. TRUE STORY.

Hah. Same here. I couldn't stand that stuff - my friends must have been all color-blind! Granted, LEGOs cost like a bitch, so I haven't bought any in a good while. I do love the fact that the fan-created LEGO CAD programs, and POV-RAY Rendering, will let you use all the pieces you don't have. :P

As far as I remember, they thought they needed novelty to appeal to the kids who liked canned fun (as opposed to creative fun) and they came out with the Harry Potter and Star Wars sets that cranked up their profits, but once that market was saturated the profits tapered off and they lost some money... maybe....
Overall - at least in Europe - the whole style has changed so that the models are less and less complex (though the models aren't where the fun is) with custom blocks and such... Besides, you can't even buy regular Lego blocks and elements from stores anymore!

I used to build LEGO houses out of same-color bricks. I came to study graphic design. My friends built LEGO houses out of all sorts of bricks, which looked ugly, and now they're studying psychology. TRUE STORY.

Arghgh, I hated the kids who built stuff out of all different colors. Geez, it was one of my biggest frustrations.

Besides, you can't even buy regular Lego blocks and elements from stores anymore!

Really?? Man, those are the only ones I had. My parents refused to buy me custom sets. I had a bunch of these enormous tubs of blocks. It was super fun.

Same. I had a massive crate of Lego, but no custom sets. And I used to build farms and villages and towns, and skyscrapers, and entire infrastructures. I couldn't use different-coloured bricks in walls because it looked dumb. I did incorporate coloured bricks into some areas of Legotown in order to represent graffiti. Legotania was such an amazing city, that many multi national corporates chose to locate there, including Intel. Then I ran out of Lego and had to bulldoze the Government Housing in order to build a stable for the horses. And horses.

One day, my Mom decided to clean my room.

I was more of a kit guy, following the instructions to the dot, making shure the little ax on the side of the fire truck was the exact right place. My parents are engineers.

I have lauched the ultimate resource for Dino-Riders on the web at www.dinoriders.com. It covers everything Dino-Riders from the toys to the cartoons to the merchandise and much more. It even has all 14 episodes of the cartoon on DVD available for sale. I encourgae you to check it out. Those of you that remember them will get a kick out of it. and those not in the know will find out everything they could ever possibly want to know about them.

www.dinoriders.com

:yep:

That show had nothing on Rubik the amazing cube. Or Turbo Teen. Or Mr. T and the T Force.

:rubik: Now those, those are some weird shows. :rubik:

I'm just saying...

I have lauched the ultimate resource for Dino-Riders on the web at www.dinoriders.com. It covers everything Dino-Riders from the toys to the cartoons to the merchandise and much more. It even has all 14 episodes of the cartoon on DVD available for sale. I encourgae you to check it out. Those of you that remember them will get a kick out of it. and those not in the know will find out everything they could ever possibly want to know about them.

www.dinoriders.com

:yep:

And this post is spam. Or at least, a shameless plug.

And this post is spam. Or at least, a shameless plug.
Nah, but it is the most unnecessarily java-littered site I've seen in seven years.

C'mon you gotta help me with this. They had like ... huge heavily armored dinosaurs with rocket launchers and laser machines attached. There were two camps: the bad guys who kinda looked like dinosaurs and/or lizards themselves and who had the giant T-Rex with awesome fire power, and you had the humans who only had like some wussy raptors and triceratopses. The humans had much less firepower because they didn't want to saddle too much crap on top of those dinosaurs because humans were good and living in harmony with the planet and wouldn't mistreat these animals. It was awesome and even though they fought in every episode, no one ever won!!

So what's the name of the show? I really need to know, because this is important. Extra points for posting pictures.

Dude! I had some action figures of this! It was like MASK but with Dinosaurs.

I had a huge amount of Dinoriders toys, those were quite fun back then.

I wonder where those toys are now?

chances are your mom sold them for horrendous amounts of cash on ebay and uses the money to run a pyramid telemarketing something scheme and eventually take over the world :shifty:

Yup, Me and treesus had a huge box of LEGO. You'd open the lid and as if by magic a little shelf would kind of fold out that had two compartments. This was used for all the smaller easier to lose LEGO and the mass of bricks just filled the box itself. That was a great box :yep:

Let's not forget ZOIDS whilst we're on the topic of dinosaurs with lazers. Although, not all ZOIDS were dinosaurs, but who gives a shit.

Also Sh..Sh...Sh..Shoe People :shifty:

I proclaim Zoids to be one of the all-time great toys. Take something akin to teknik lego, mix it with meccano and scalectrix, add some sci-fi backstory about violence and war coated over liberal helpings of robot dinosaurs. Man they were amazing, I regret not having owned more.

Playmobil is LEGO for retarded and uncreative kids. You couldn't even assemble anything, everything came in one piece.

That was maybe because it was originally intended to be a make-shift toy for the children in germany, after the war. It was made from scrap plastic, and kind of ended staying around (it is made of better plastic now).

And I LOVED Playmobil. I also loved Lego. I combined both, and it was great. Also, I sometimes used simple things, like the plastic box I stored my playmobil in, for playing: The lid tipped against the box created a skiing-hill.

I used to have very little playmobil, but now I have more. I also sewed clothes for the playmobil humans and animals (and also sewed them tents, and hats, and those coverings for the horses of knights [i didn't have the knight set, and I only wanted those coverings anyway]) - let me tell you one thing: Giraffes have Hat-heads. They look great with hats!

I think I was more creative even than the you Lego kids, in that matter: You were creative using the given things - but this works only to a certain limit.

I was creative without any given things, and ended up having more of it. :P

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Anybody remember Scalelectrix? [sp?] They were AWESOME.
Computerified.

I think I still have my Lego somewhere. Probably wherever the Duplo and Sticklebrix are...

I still have all my LEGO. My nieces love to play with it, though they are nowhere near as inventive as I used to be :grin:

But I shall always keep my LEGO, it is mine, my own... (you know where this is going...)