SuperBiasedMan

Pen and Paper and Roll20.net Games

I may or may not have ordered The Sprawl book today (and the cat book!!!) because I'm a weak human and I just kinda want to have it. It won't be here for a couple weeks, but at least I have the PDF in the meantime I suppose.

If I didn't have a serious cashflow problem in my life right now, I'd be buying The Sprawl. It's a simple system with an easy pitch and the book itself looks cool enough to sell people on the game, which is plenty in my book.

I'm hoping having it on my desk at work will provoke some interest.

...Of course then I'd have to run a game and well.

Yeah, I wish I could have bought the physical book, but had to make do with the PDF.

So, are we on for 2PM EDT Saturday?

I might be slightly late, because this weekend suddenly became the one where everything's happening yesterday, but that time should still work well for me.

Yeah also in particular do people recommend any Dungeon World add on stuff? I don't think I'm particularly in the market since I'm just starting out but I could probably be tricked into an impulse buy.

Perilous Wilds is a really good Dungeon World add-on, but unfortunately it's not in this sale.

Monsterhearts is at the top of my "want to play" list and probably the most universally-praised PbtA game, as far as I'm aware. The only thing keeping me from picking up the PDF for $6 is that there's a second edition on the way.

Fellowship seems really cool, a much more Lord of the Rings-style game than Dungeon World where the GM is put in the Sauron-type role an is explicitly antagonistic toward the PCs. I really want try it out.

It did go! And it went well!

Highlights: The quirks of random name generation resulted in us having two characters named Spectre Zero (MechaTofuPirate's Infiltrator) and Zen Zero (a corporate spy), which led us to determine that there's a BBS called Zero Hour where all the cool wannabe spies get in touch and everyone needs to have Zero in their handle to be allowed in. Random name generation also gave us a character named Aaron Fear, which I'm pretty happy about. There was a meeting in a dark alley between a frightened corporate employee and a hoard of cats, led by Twig's TV-headed Once-Cat. And thefncrow's Driver wants to be a pirate.

So yeah, pretty great.

So I think in the Sprawl game someone mentioned that they've played Numenara before but I forgot who. What did you think of it?

I have a spot in my Thursday 5E game if anyone is interested. We're going to be going through Storm King's Thunder and see where that takes us.

i might be a tad (10min-ish?) late if its 6pm sharp but I'd love to join. I assume you'll be using roll20/voice? Should I make a character prior to, and if so, what level?

i might be a tad (10min-ish?) late if its 6pm sharp but I'd love to join. I assume you'll be using roll20/voice? Should I make a character prior to, and if so, what level?

Hey, totally fine. We'll be doing roll20 + discord. I'll shoot you a PM!