Henke

[Release] In Search Of Paradise

​This game wanted more patience from me than i had, but all in all it was certainly a well realized vision the evokes the loneliness of driving.

I played this on a stream and it was a really nice chill time. I did so terribly that I didn't realise A) How large it was, and B) That there was an actual paradise to find.

Really nice to drive around in though, and looks great! :tup:

If you want to see the stream, it's here, and games are timecoded in the description:

I had a really sweet time playing this! The car physics were fun, and the journey (while incomplete for me) was very calming for a Sunday afternoon spent inside. I can't believe you got all this done in 2 weeks! Mental. I really hope I get a chance to return and find Paradise sometime soon.

I also streamed me playing this! You can find it over at 

Congrats on making an ace game.

This is really evocative and polished. I love the feeling that you're out of your depth, especially when you suddenly dip into a dune and lose sight of everything. The relief when you see some pylons or a sign in the distance is palpable. Plus the handling makes it feel like you're boozed or drugged up, kind of heading out into the desert to die. The missing burnout of the title is you.

Unfortunately, I got stuck at the point where I had to head west towards the setting sun - it just didn't seem to lead me anywhere. Hopefully someone will post a full playthrough video at some point!

This game looks so chill! Got to play it some day. 

Also, holy shit, congrats on the RPS mention!

u1lgR9h.png

Question. This, up in the sky, looks like Cygnus. Does your skybox feature actual constellations? If so, you have my heart, forever. 

Thanks for the kinda words, everyone. :)

Rubix, it is indeed a great looking skybox. I just got it from the asset store tho, so I can't take any credit for it.

I love the feeling that you're out of your depth, especially when you suddenly dip into a dune and lose sight of everything. The relief when you see some pylons or a sign in the distance is palpable.

That's what I was going for. I like how you described it.

Please upload a playthrough (with commentary?) so I can see the ending!

Please upload a playthrough (with commentary?) so I can see the ending!

I've kinda been hoping someone else would do one. Seems a bit self indulgent to do it myself. :P

There are some videos on YT of it, but none that gets very far.

I am so bad at this! I got turned around twice before finding the second station, and then drove across the "great plains" twice in random directions until I ran out of gas....

I love the feeling of the driving and the environment is so sparse but beautiful. Wish the music had popped up a few more times. I'm gonna keep going at this until I beat it. I wanna know what paradise is!!!

EDIT: I did it!!!! Took me about an hour. What a great game! 

Just finished it myself. It took about exactly an hour too.

The Thumbs stream ended after the directions to go around the canyon through the south. Well, there is a bridge when going through the south

2daRZ.png

As expected, soon after there's a gas station sign. It's not poitning exactly along the road though, so I've ventured up the plateau and did found the station there.

2daS2.png

By the way, some bad model edges were seen from this angle

2daS1.png

Following the new directions, soon enough I've got something really promising in sight

2daS3.png

*waahp-waaaahp*

2daS4.png

I decided to drive out of the gas station in between the poles of the sign. Since it was the static camera, i didn't see where I was going. I've hit the left pole. Tried backing out and taking a bit to the right. But still hit the edge, the physics glitched somehow and my car went flying tumbling back into the gas station. Landed upside down

2daS5.png

Earlier in the run I already was upside down once. Got out of the car and bumped it into turning over that time. But cannot do that in the gas station!

For a while considered that this is my personal ending. But then "returned to the last gas station" from the menu. Back on track.

2daS6.png

Just checking out on foor what does the "bridge is out" mean. Welp. Yeah.

First try — failed. It was fun tubmling down the canyon. Exited the car at the bottom and fell through the world, haha.

Second try — a running start from the beginning of the asphalt track. Got through.

2daSH.png

2daSJ.png

BTW, loved the extra ending from going back the road at the very beginning  ^_^

Also loved the ending music very much