zerofiftyone

WIZARD JAM 2016 // Welcome Thread

Hi, I'm new here. I don't know anything about jams or wizards. So, does work on a game start on May 7th or is that when games are submitted? Sorry for my ignorance!

Starts on the 7th, and then runs for two weeks! Games need to be submitted by the 22nd of May.

Cool, thanks. Maybe I'll make a thing. Excited to see everyone else creations though!

Cool beans! Looking forward to making a game of my own this Jam!

Revive #wizardjam on twitter!

Okay, I think I've got something for Twenty Year Old Weird House. Shooting to make it even weirder than my Battletoads madness last year...

Since I'm between jobs at the moment, I should really hang onto get off my butt and participate this year... I have a lot of self doubt and conflict about my career/role in the industry however, so I might have to make it a solo effort so as not to expose this rad community that I appreciate to my baggage.

None of the episode titles are leaping out at me just yet, but we'll see what develops...

I'm doing Zombie Train Beyond Earth probably. My friend said he's gonna try XCOM Obama. We'll see how it goes.

Since I'm between jobs at the moment, I should really hang onto get off my butt and participate this year... I have a lot of self doubt and conflict about my career/role in the industry however, so I might have to make it a solo effort so as not to expose this rad community that I appreciate to my baggage.

None of the episode titles are leaping out at me just yet, but we'll see what develops...

Hey, I'm unemployed right now, too!  I am bad at everything but I'm willing to team up!

Hey hey HEY we have a team-up thread, you know!

Oh, I know! (click for team-up thread)

Like I said mine will probably be a solo effort, so my current plan is to bone up on Twine, because I sure as heck don't have engineering chops.

I am basically the KING of procrastination, so this is mostly me increasing personal pressure to do something for once by exposing others to my plans.

Between yesterday and today I think I've watched that trailer like twenty times.  So psyched.  SO psyched.

I've got a lot of time right now so I think I'm gonna finally check out Twine and see if I can make something neat. Really excited to see what everyone comes up with!

So... I see there are 0 rules, but I just want to ask anyways. I will be on a trip for a week during the jam time. Can I start early to make up for that?

So... I see there are 0 rules, but I just want to ask anyways. I will be on a trip for a week during the jam time. Can I start early to make up for that?

I won't tell  :shifty:

Hey! New to the forums but really excited to participate in this thing.

What does everyone think about using a title from one of the interview/tv/book casts? Technically not against the rules, but I wonder if it goes against the spirit of Wizard Jam. I guess it does, and I don't think I'll end up doing that, but thought it's a point of discussion worth throwing out there, since the joke they made on the show about games named after developers was a good one, and Twin Peaks Rewatch has some excellent titles: "Drive With a Dead Girl", "May the Giant Be With You", "Rest in Pain", etc.

Re-read the OP! Any podcast in the network is fair game!

Hey! New to the forums but really excited to participate in this thing.

What does everyone think about using a title from one of the interview/tv/book casts? Technically not against the rules, but I wonder if it goes against the spirit of Wizard Jam. I guess it does, and I don't think I'll end up doing that, but thought it's a point of discussion worth throwing out there, since the joke they made on the show about games named after developers was a good one, and Twin Peaks Rewatch has some excellent titles: "Drive With a Dead Girl", "May the Giant Be With You", "Rest in Pain", etc.

Nope, there's no problem with that; it's totally allowed! Any podcast on the network is fine.  :)

Also, welcome to the forums!

As I said, I know it's not against the rules, but was just curious to hear if people thought it was in the spirit of the jam, since I can see it being seen as a kind of weird, cheaty approach, stretching the concept of the jam. Or am I overthinking it?

Thanks for the warm welcome and quick responses!

Please make Rob Pardo pt 2. (I don't think it's against the spirit. The whole jam is a chance to be creative and build something out of a funny phrase. And it's all technically idle thumbs podcasts and in the network.)

As I said, I know it's not against the rules, but was just curious to hear if people thought it was in the spirit of the jam, since I can see it being seen as a kind of weird, cheaty approach, stretching the concept of the jam. Or am I overthinking it?

Thanks for the warm welcome and quick responses!

Nah dude it's totally fine. I've personally been eyeing up the Terminal 7 titles because some of those are amazing.