Jov

Making Mr. Remo Uncomfortable

I think the next step is to just stand there quietly eating Nature Box pea treats and extend the bag to Chris when he walks past.

Make it Goldfish and Chris will stop for sure.

lol

Once you've loudly said "why did that person say baboo?" and kept walking all the way through the door of the building, it is too late. You have become That Person.

To be fair, we were all already puzzling over the weird way the theater ended that Venture Brothers showing. An additional confusing mystery was one mystery too many.

The Alamo Drafthouse had a premiere event where they showed an old episode (voted on by the audience), All This and Gargantua II, and then the season six premiere.

The Mission Drafthouse is pretty fun and in a beautiful building. They still haven't really moved into aggressive programming - it's mostly been first run movies - but I had a blast watching the Venture Bros there with a bunch of nerdos (myself included).

I just recently found out that Venture Brothers was running again. I don't even know when/what the last episode I saw was.

It might just be Austin. I ranted about it probably for eight paragraphs in another thread but it boils down to the overpriced food absolutely sucks, it's expensive, they mostly moved all of their theaters to big budget Marvel movies, and you always have to buy tickets in advance to even see anything worth seeing which you pay a fee on the website for, which is ridiculous. I've had to actually go to Regal branches more often in the last few years who seem to be better at getting limited releases in this city or Alamo is quickly purging a their movie screens to make room for the next Marvel thing. They still want to act like they are the same business they were a decade ago, but they totally aren't.

I guess it's one of the big pillars in this city, but meh.

The KC location is in a historic theater, which is pretty awesome.  Honestly though, other than the opening trailers, it doesn't feel significantly different than going to the fancy dinner theaters at AMC (although it is cheaper than the dinner theaters at AMC). 

I didn't know AMC even did dinner theatres. I'm not a big fan of that kind of set up anyway, it's usually cheaper and tastes better to eat out before or after. Plus it's actually way noiser because you are listening to 50 other people chewing and gulping when the movie has a quiet part, it's really weird. But Alamo sometimes has exclusive movies I want to see, and they used to way more, so that's the only place to go.

Yeah, at least at the big locations up here they've added some theaters that are more like Alamo over the last few years (probably starting 7-8 years ago, before Alamo even moved to town).  The super duper weird thing is that the theater Alamo is in was actually AMC's flagship theater, like they spent some crazy fuckoff millions of dollars restoring this theater, declared it their flagship and the ultimate AMC experience, blah, blah, blah...and then a few years later they turned over control to Alamo.  It was weird. 

Edited to add: Wiki history of that theater if anyone is curious, AMC spent $30 million restoring it, have owned it for almost 60 years, and then very suddenly gave up on the project. 

I haven't been to an AMC for maybe 8 years now, but it seems pretty much the worst chain. The only reason I did go when I lived in Houston (I'm pretty sure there are no AMCs in Austin) is because they had the automated ticket machine where I could buy a cheap child's ticket to any movie rated R or not and no employee ever said anything when tearing it. That said I often experienced things where I had to tell someone to tell the projectionist the aspect ratio is fucked or the sound is too quiet. They seemed to have a major issue cutting off subtitles for foreign movies. You get what you pay for I suppose.

I can't stomach multiplexes anymore. There's a single one in Chicago that's worth a damn (AMC River East) and every other one (mostly Regal cinemas) constantly has shitty seating (some theaters at the Regal have a total of 40 seats, and half of those are 10 or less feet from the screen!) and shitty projection. 

man, i'm super bummed i missed the premier showing, now that i'm living in alamo town. it sold out super fast. i wanted the poster. 

also, were you guys given a poster? those patrick ledger ones look great. 

man, i'm super bummed i missed the premier showing, now that i'm living in alamo town. it sold out super fast. i wanted the poster. 

also, were you guys given a poster? those patrick ledger ones look great. 

There are still posters available. Swing by and they'll probably hook you up.