dartmonkey

Modest Tech: The NX Generation (Nintendo Switch)

604 posts in this topic

The yellow looks great! A yellow and green set would look spiffing, but they're pricey and superfluous to my needs. I got a cheapish 8bitdo FC30 Pro the other day so I'll be playing some 3-player MK8D over the summer. It works very nicely and cost about a third of a pro controller. Although that Splatoon version looks sexy.

The Tumbleseed post-mortem actually makes me more likely pick up the game at some point.

2 hours ago, dartmonkey said:

The yellow looks great! A yellow and green set would look spiffing, but they're pricey and superfluous to my needs. I got a cheapish 8bitdo FC30 Pro the other day so I'll be playing some 3-player MK8D over the summer. It works very nicely and cost about a third of a pro controller. Although that Splatoon version looks sexy.

The Tumbleseed post-mortem actually makes me more likely pick up the game at some point.

I was going to get a second FC30, but man those yellow ones do look very nice....

they are _super_ nice

Alright, let's talk Arms. Arms is great. But it's also tough. I have a rough time pummeling AI enemies, let alone real people. I feel I've yet to develop an instinctual understanding of the rhythm and systems, so I feel quite powerless. Are there any good ways to learn to play more deliberately? Or maybe some combinations of characters and arms that work well to learn the ropes? (Please don't say I need to start with Spring Man.)