JonCole

"Ethics and Journalistic Integrity"

hard to believe more departments don't have an advisor/more training for things like this in 2015

From what I understand, a lot of departments like to spend their budgets on things like tanks and not, like, you know, actual cybercrime departments.

Note sure if anyone saw this, but just in case you were curious if Brad Wardell was still a miserable pile of shit, he is.

Fuck THAT particular prick. He's completely abhorrent.

Everything about this is depressing.

I got caught up on Adventure Time last night, and it turns out there was an episode from November that has a Gamergate joke in it.

I watched that episode this weekend too! I didn't know that it wasn't an intentional reference, though.

In a bit of positive news, it looks like 8chan's domain name was revoked by their registrar.

B7MFWWeCMAALSex.png

Patreon definitely hasn't received zero flak for directly funding 8chan. It was already removed.

EDIT: Oh you edited.

8chan didn't go down, the domain name got revoked.  The site's still running and accessible if you know how.  Unfortunately, I'm sure that a bunch of really heinous and ignorant shit is being plotted in response.

Oh yeah, I knew about the ant thing. I just figured they were ticking both boxes, by having an ant character that's also a reference to a cultural event (of sorts). But now that I think about it, it seems weirder that they would do that knowingly. Adventure Time doesn't really do pop-culture references, and that one in particular is something that you're not really gaining anything by referencing.

I don't get why anyone follows or talks to TB at this point, at all.

I posted this link in another thread, but for context - http://sfy.co/e09B2 (granted this is what you're referencing this morning)

Yeah, sorry, I am just not sure what value people get out of him at this point, it cannot be worth the inflamed butthole garbage he spews the rest of the time.

I've always assumed that he must speak to the simplest, most violent natures of people. He's a got a great (read: gross) way of stirring up assholes and idiots and giving them justification for feeling "righteous" indignation. I don't get it - this is the kind of shit he does to whip up mobs, and then when they get loose and hurt someone he always doubles back on himself and says "Well, I didn't mean for that to happen."

Is he even talking about someone specific, or is this just general bullshit? I guess it doesn't matter.

Hahaha, apparently TB blocked me on Twitter since the last time he said something dumb that was RTd into my feed and I went to check it out.

Holy shit, that's actually so stupid it goes past my lowest expectations for tb. He's devolving alongside the shitty movement he tethered himself to.

no, he was always a cretin but now his human suit is starting to come off.

From what I understand, a lot of departments like to spend their budgets on things like tanks and not, like, you know, actual cybercrime departments.

For what it's worth, most military surplus items local police departments are getting are free from the DLA Disposition Services department, under the 1033 Program.

Frankly, most police departments nationwide are not doing so well financially. And as much as cybercrime and harassment is an issue, when you have a nationwide issue(and especially in cities) of not even being able to keep the guys you catch doing serious crimes(since drug crimes take priority over anything short of murder, if your prison is full you release car thiefs/etc), it's not hard to understand why most don't put it high up enough on their radar to deal with the problem in a worthwhile way.

Edit: This isn't me saying harassment and threats aren't serious crimes, but the amount of resources you need to pour into figuring out who actually owns an anonymous twitter account is huge, and that's if the person running it is a complete idiot and doesn't know how to hide their tracks. Even with some more basic means of obfuscation, you'd have effectively no hope of catching the person.

While on the other hand, you have the guy who was sitting in a car that has been hotwired, who has been convicted of car theft in the past and the vehicle is not registered to, literally in your jail but you release him anyway.

And as much as cybercrime and harassment is an issue, when you have a nationwide issue(and especially in cities) of not even being able to keep the guys you catch doing serious crimes(since drug crimes take priority over anything short of murder, if your prison is full you release car thiefs/etc), it's not hard to understand why most don't put it high up enough on their radar to deal with the problem in a worthwhile way.

Yes. The war on drugs is probably one of the single biggest fuckups of the last 50 years.

Yes. The war on drugs is probably one of the single biggest fuckups of the last 50 years.

Yeah. But I wasn't meaning to derail, just explaining a bit further into the police militarization.

I should really stop using "I don't get why" as a rhetorical device because most people think I'm serious. I know why people find value in him because people find value in other over-inflated assholes all the time, but I just don't get why they would, but that's more of a question for the ages, really.

They follow him 'cause they can't get the stink out of their hair that developed from passive association years ago, and they don't want to shave themselves bald (they don't look too good bald, and they know it). They figure they might as well hang out with someone even stinkier, so no one notices!

They follow him 'cause his web of bullshit is actually a web of spidershit, and they're stuck and can't get out! Help me!, they scream, knowing that their voice is but a fly's buzz, drowning in the cacophony of TotalBiscuit's terrifying rants. No one can hear them. They are gone.

They follow him 'cause they're hungry! They suspect he might actually be a biscuit, but no one wants to take the first bite...

They follow him 'cause they're hungry! They suspect he might actually be a biscuit, but no one wants to take the first bite...

This must be it, actually. Only reasonable explanation.