Thrik

Grim Fandango being remastered for PS4 and Vita

Yeeeah! And not surprisingly, considering this is just a remaster and they're not remaking the game, it will not be redone in widescreen.

Music re-recorded with the Melborne Orchestra, though. Whoooo hoooo! :clap:

Wasn't the "keeping the 4:3 ratio" comment just about the cinematics, as they were storyboard as such.

I'm pretty sure the game will be converted to whatever ratio fit a tablet screen. I'll have to watch it back but didn't the game fill the tablet screen when it was demoed briefly in that video

...okay it wasn't :)

I remember Tim said in the video that Peter Chan's vision for the scenes had 4:3 in mind. Did he concept all scenes or just cutscenes?

If they're performing with the Melbourne orchestra, they should go to Melbourne in around the start of November and maybe do a panel kthx

I want to touch Tim Schafer

I want to touch Tim Schafer

I got to do that once.  At PAX one year I was wearing my Double Fine Adventure backer shirt (before the name Broken Age was decided) and we passed each other on the expo floor.  He thanked me for backing and shook my hand.  It was bliss.

Ohhh, I touched Tim at PAX today!

I was like, "WOAH it's Tim Schafer!"

He turned around and went, "Woah ... it's ... that guy"

Then I told him about how amazing he was and how long I've been playing video games. It was awesome. :)

Yeah, I'm so happy they're focused on preservation, porting and modernising the renderer.

Not surprisingly, YouTube comments disagree with us..

What?!? This isn't going to be remade with new models and textures?!?

My god this sounds like a lazy port. I expected in-engine cutscenes and new models, new textures, 3D backgrounds...but it's not. It's a half-assed job.

Sounds like a lazy port.

I guess they're just trolling us, because it sound like the worst port ever made. Everything sounds too shitty to be real.

That first quote is word for word what someone on the DF forums posted, so it seems like one noisy person running around pretending to be surprised every time...

What?!? This isn't going to be remade with new models and textures?!?

My god this sounds like a lazy port. I expected in-engine cutscenes and new models, new textures, 3D backgrounds...but it's not. It's a half-assed job.

Based on the making-of, they're committed to preserving the original composition of the game.

Based on the making-of, they're committed to preserving the original composition of the game.

Which I'm glad about.

Merus, is your suggestion to pan and scan? If so, yuck!

No, my suggestion was to provide everyone with a candelabra that moved around when they moved their head

I mean sorry what

Thank god for the preservationist attitude.  This is one game that does not need much changed.  Honestly, I wish they'd keep the tank controls in, but I realize I'm in the minority on that one.

Keep the original, they've already said they got it up and running on the PS4 and vita with touch controls working. They've said they're also going to keep tank controls in there as an option. If that's all you want, they can release the game next month right?

What I'd really love is for them to redo some/all of the backgrounds! I don't even care, I'm saying it. Give us an original/remaster button

For example, give me some life, some movement, flesh it out. Give me a Sam ballon

ku-xlarge.gif

What I really want is surprises. It's been many years, but I've played through the game multiple times, I'd love for there to be little extra animations and stuff in the backgrounds, otherwise, as much as I absolutely adore this game, I don't think I need to play through it again. THERE I SAID IT

That's what original Monkey Island looked like? (I've only looked at the Thumbnail)

I've never played any of the classic adventure games apart from Broken Sword and the first two Discworld ones. I feel like I ought to go on a spree of playing them in the lead up to Grim Fandango (which I've also not played).

That's the third Monkey Island game. And I agree, it is awesome.