Blambo

Visual Art!

This week I am creating new character skins for

2hd3ybb.jpg

There's a couple in there who are sexier than I would permit to be in this particular game world, so it's pretty clear where my head's at this week :I

BuckShot looks rad and I am digging that first Willy.

I never did play the game, but it looked like a ton of fun. 

For only two pages of stuff there's some crazy diverse work going on here. I'm pretty new but I can show you guys a quick mock up I did for a game I'm collaborating with a programmer on. It's pixel art and I was hoping to try do something simple but effective, I think this is a good start.

post-34425-0-72915400-1400625379_thumb.png

Going to post some doodles here, rather than spam the game jam thread.

Another cowboy.

cowbowdoodle2.jpg

@SuperBiasedMan: Digging that old school colour palette. Were you around during those era of graphics? I always wonder that about artists who can nail a certain aesthetic, I would always have to research something to even get it sort of right.

Another cowboy.

[Awesome picture]

@SuperBiasedMan: Digging that old school colour palette. Were you around during those era of graphics? I always wonder that about artists who can nail a certain aesthetic, I would always have to research something to even get it sort of right.

Sweet cowboy. You say another, where can I find more of these here cowboy types?

Also no, actually. I started in the SNES era, I was just going for a super limited palette (each object getting only two colours) and played around a bit with them to see what fit. Glad it hit the mark for you though. :P

Another cowboy.

cowbowdoodle2.jpg

Sick cowboy! As in he looks poorly. I love pixelly high res art! This specifically reminds me of the game "Gods Will Be Watching"

This isn't new stuff from me but your cowboy reminded me that I have some animations for a dream project:

tumblr_inline_mzh1ocxRNK1r20a27.giftumblr_inline_mzh1ogcLq61r20a27.giftumblr_inline_mzh1oioBJd1r20a27.gif

tumblr_inline_mzh1toagcJ1r20a27.png

There's huge readability issues in the mockup but it may look better in motion.

Not really game centered but I made a poster for one of my favorite movies (Drive) a while ago, pretty happy with how it ended up!

CQigrCH.png

Gooood I love Drive so much. That's a really sick piece, and I'm interested in seeing how it would look if you dropped a little teal in there.

So I've been painting on and off for this month, and I feel like I've settled into a process that feels right for me. Here's some stuff I made in chronological order:

tumblr_n87pu43b0W1t7phmzo1_1280.png

tumblr_n63g6iC13f1t7phmzo1_1280.png

tumblr_n9amv7AFEA1t7phmzo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9ctgq7VgC1t7phmzo1_1280.jpg

Yes, you have a skill for choosing evokative narrative-compositions. 

Gooood I love Drive so much. That's a really sick piece, and I'm interested in seeing how it would look if you dropped a little teal in there.

So I've been painting on and off for this month, and I feel like I've settled into a process that feels right for me. Here's some stuff I made in chronological order:

tumblr_n87pu43b0W1t7phmzo1_1280.png

tumblr_n63g6iC13f1t7phmzo1_1280.png

tumblr_n9amv7AFEA1t7phmzo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9ctgq7VgC1t7phmzo1_1280.jpg

Wow, love that third image a lot! 

Beautiful work.

Damn Blambo you make me want to get back on the horse with daily speedpaints. I'm afraid I haven't paid as much attention to my fundamentals as I should have and it really shows in my work. But I'm getting there  :)

Also love the Drive poster BackAdd. 

also really like your stuff I_Smell Do you have a website I could check out? also I didn't know people could create skins for Speedrunners. Maybe I should try that. I've only played it once but I loved the aesthetic. Reminds me of Venture Brothers, cartoony 60s era art style and music. 

Here's some of my stuff!

portfolio_illustration_splash_page_by_th

scaleapalooza_by_thedonquixotic-d7tdxbe.

busted_buster_by_thedonquixotic-d758uvd.

recycled_teenager_by_thedonquixotic-d76s

wild_ruse_by_thedonquixotic-d6ttexu.jpg

paper_pixel_heros_wallpaper_by_thedonqui

Something about the sacred-heart, straw-hat wearing man in a diving-suit is striking to me. 

Thanks! The Buster Keaton piece is part of a series I've been doing, mixing old B/W film comedians and arcane symbols. The first one I did was of Charlie Chaplin with the All Seeing Eye. I'm currently working on a piece with Costello and the Gemini symbol, and the final of the four will be of Groucho Mark, but I'm not entirely sure what symbol I'll attach to him. I'm sort of thinking of it as a traditional "4 Evangelist" series like you used to see during the Middle Ages. 

I'm vaguely thinking of the symbols being tied to the comedian's personas. Sort of think maybe I should change Groucho Marx to the all seeing eye, but Chaplin also had a history of doing really sharp insightful satire (The Dictator for instance). If anybody has any suggestions for Groucho, let me know!

I've been limited to pen and paper recently so I've been doing a lot more drawing (I'm a 3D artist mostly), I've been posting them on my tumblr but thought I'd share some here too.

Unfortunately I'm also limited to taking photos on my phone, so the image quality isn't great...

tumblr_navklxIdkP1sdq286o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_navklxIdkP1sdq286o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_navklxIdkP1sdq286o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_navklxIdkP1sdq286o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_navklxIdkP1sdq286o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_navklxIdkP1sdq286o6_1280.jpg

Thanks, I'm a bit rock and tree obsessed at the moment.

I like your stuff too, nice and bold, bright saturated colours, all the stuff I'm not confident enough to do.

Interesting, kinda creepy too, hopefully that's what you were going for :-)

I know it's not really a crit thread but I think you could make the heads a bit larger, the brain box is pretty big. Just something to consider anyway.

Very nice work and a lovely render. I'm a big fan of the low poly style, I think it's 3D's version of pixel art.