tegan

Lego is Still Cool

What? He's in there. Just under Santa Claus. The thing's pretty deep too.

Also, the Monster Fighters heroes seemed like they were trying too hard or something. Bowler hat, robot leg, AND fencing foil?

Ah, I just meant: not out on display. And yeah, all totally trying too hard and infinitely forgettable next to the monsters.

That's pretty neat, but I was much more interested in the Lego scale model of the church in the background that they built! They should make an exclusive set of that.

I couldn't resist getting this LEGO set with a dragon, but it expected me to simply put the princess in a cell as a prize for the knight... So she took the whole place instead!

IMG_20140531_090753.jpg

Reading this thread and having watched the Lego movie this weekend has made me so excited for Lego... Unfortunately all my Legos are back at my parents place and transporting it with me on a train is not very optimal :/ 

Sometimes I wish I had bothered getting a driver's license. 

WHOAAA it's out! I'm hitting the shops today! (No I'm not, I'm out of money.)

Guess what I got for my biiiiirthdayyy:

10411796_10152081103511175_7851357308294

What did you get?!! And what has the pic got to do with anything?

Oh! I didn't realise it was just going to be ECTO-1 and the minifigs, I thought it was going to be the whole building too.

… this is both good and bad :)

Jesus it's like they working through Lego of everything I was forbidden to watch as a child. Expecting The A Team and Rentaghost next.

Yeah, I think the original Cuusoo project had the building too, but they cut it for the set? It would be cool, but this makes it more affordable/space-efficient, so I don't mind that much.

The DeLorean and Ecto-1 now can (and will) race around my living room floor. Now they only need to make the Bluesmobile for a trifecta of iconic 80s movie vehicles.

Reading this thread and having watched the Lego movie this weekend has made me so excited for Lego... Unfortunately all my Legos are back at my parents place and transporting it with me on a train is not very optimal :/ 

Sometimes I wish I had bothered getting a driver's license.

Ship them maybe? Lego aren't that heavy.

:tup:  :tup: :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  

That's so awesome!

Where is toblix?

Haha, my biggest regret is having lost that swee† swee† picture to time and the internet.

† As I recall.

Ship them maybe? Lego aren't that heavy.

Hmm, possibly. Will need to check rates here in Sweden. Otherwise I'll just try to convince my parents to pack it into their trunk next time they drive up here :)

Guys, it's great.

WE6fRFW.jpg?1

Crappy phone pic for now, will do a round of proper photos.

The model/build is better than the DeLorean, they solve the surfaces a lot better.

DO6ckWK.jpg?1

The DeLorean was a clunker in my opinion, they really screwed up the hood. The Ecto-1 looks great, both in contrast and on it's own, and I can't wait to have it myself!

I loved Lego as a kid but don't mess with it much anymore. But I did buy the R2D2 set in a nostalgia fueled spending spree and it was really fun to build. The center leg is retractable and he's got a little sawblade and hacking tool hidden in his chest. Also you can spin the head around! Then I saw they made a Curiousity rover set and I got it to be the real life buddy of R2. Perfect cubicle decor. If only they were to the same scale...

80sD9Oul.jpg

You're never too goth for ice cream.

rPwPGtO.png

(the new minifigures are great, by the way)